• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread: Made you wait, didn't I?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dawg

I'm not buying a PSTV just for one game, nothing else interests me on this system so far.

Guess I could see if I can find P4 on PS2 somewhere ....or just watch a playthrough idk.

but isn't that thing like 40 hours long? meh...

40? I'm already past that :3

B83qqRdIQAAvN1n.jpg:large

B84BValIcAATJk-.jpg:large

WORTH IT

I also bought both Danganronpas and Freedom Warriors tho, and I like to replay MGS1

Lernaean

Banned
Wonderful. You can obviously see aliasing and some pixels but it looks great. I share some screens on twitter all the time. Give me a second.

Oh! It does look good, i might consider getting a VTV too.
Thanks for taking the time to post pics Dawg :)

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
My first play through was 90 hrs lol.

Thats why the vita was so good. You get busy.. put the vita to sleep exactly where you are, middle of the battle or whatever. 90 Hrs was not that long when i would play here and there.

Also, that game gets you hooked. seriously. Its worth the money, and i would not watch a playthrough. You kinda have to experience it.

Yeah 90 hours sounds long but when I look at Dragon Quest 8. I played this just a few months ago and had 98 hours and was like WTF? ...great game btw.

Maybe I can get P4 on PS2 but Golden is not an option. :/

Also the Persona series is very unpopular in europe. They never localized it.

MajorTom

This thread isn't going to be the same once TPP releases :( it's really fun reeding some of the conversations you guys have on here. I hope you guys don't abandon gaf or this thread after release!

brau

Yeah 90 hours sounds long but when I look at Dragon Quest 8. I played this just a few months ago and had 98 hours and was like WTF? ...great game btw.

DQ8 was an awesome game. Loved it. Too bad they had the rest of the DQ games on 3DS. Even tho i am thinking of picking one up for MH. But yea.. time flies with those games. Specially portable ones.

Look at the ps2 specs man, and emulate it.

If you were closer i could send you my vita so you could play it. Right now my vita is just sitting there doing nothing.

This thread isn't going to be the same once TPP releases :( it's really fun reeding some of the conversations you guys have on here. I hope you guys don't abandon gaf or this thread after release!

giphy.gif

Dawg

They localized Golden.

:pP

brau

Yeah, same here.

I think I'll also play the PSP ports. I think they ported the first Persona, Persona 2 and Persona 3 to PSP.

They did.

P3 is pretty great. But 4 takes the cake imo.

Also... i do hope that TPP releases in May. I VELIEVE!

Sn4ke_911

DQ8 was an awesome game. Loved it. Too bad they had the rest of the DQ games on 3DS. Even tho i am thinking of picking one up for MH. But yea.. time flies with those games. Specially portable ones.

Look at the ps2 specs man, and emulate it.

If you were closer i could send you my vita so you could play it. Right now my vita is just sitting there doing nothing.

giphy.gif

Thanks but don't worry man, I'll probably play it on PS2 or so.

They localized Golden.

:pP

I mean the text is still in english. I love my games with text in german and voices in english but for Persona it's all in english that's why no one here knows about those games lol.

brau

What difficulty did you play danganropa on? I cant make up my mind.

Hard.

Had a blast. Knew nothing about the game. Gotta get 2. Heards its even better.

But you can prbly play on Normal Difficulty. I don't know why i always want to default to playing games on Hard. These kind of games it just means more grind. :(

Jindrax

Before MGS-GAF, I was just another GAF member. I had no real identity, I had no friends and no place to chill. I tried to hang around in other OTs like the Steam thread but that became boring. People had a differsnt kind of humour than me and nobody truly understood the ways of Dawgu.

I don't remember when or how it happened, but I'm glad to have found MGS-GAF. I remember when there were just a few of us scattered in the many MGS GAF threads on the frontpage. I don't remember the exact details but I instantly liked people such as Sn4ke, LD, Batzi, IP, Rogue Agent, Chinner, Alienous, GreyOcelot, Akiller etc (probably forgot some dudes). We were just a bunch of random dudes with one thing in common: Metal Gear Solid.

When they closed the hype/news threads on the frontpage and we were forced into this thread... I thought it was over. I remember when barely anyone would post here on a full day. The thread would have 0 replies for hours. But somehow, we got past that shit and now we are more active than ever.

Sorry for being this melodramatic but I just wanted to say I luv MGS-GAF. It's like the only community on GAF where I feel like people have the same humor and interests as myself. I like to think I made some friends too. MGS-GAF also dragged me through some dark days when I was suffering from severe OCD/depression. You guys might not have known this, but those funny and insane convo's we tend to have really make you forget all the other shit going on.

Thank you, MGS-GAF

You make me sad :( y u no mention my name

WERE FRIENDS ON FACEBOOK 5EVER!!!!!!!

cri everitim

Sn4ke_911

It always happens when I start to mention people, I forget stuff ;_;

That's why I never post something like this :p just too many good MGS-GAF brothers too name and when you left one out shit goes down :lol

brau

It always happens when I start to mention people, I forget stuff ;_;

That's why I never post something like this :p just too many good MGS-GAF brothers too name and when you left one out shit goes down :lol

We should keep a spreadsheet with Outer Gafs info.

we can add stats, links to friend add and what not. Then if you do want to post, just copy paste list from there :D

MGS has always sold awful on Xbox.

Look at sales of MGS2 Substance and HD collection.

Same with Final Fantasy

also

PC is showing excellent growth for them which could convince Konami to do same day release as the console versions!

how did the GZ sales look on Xbone? was the game also on 360?

I believe Ground Zeroes sold three times as many copies on PS4 than it did on Xbox One,

The following are platforms splits for all software (MGS & PES)

PS3 - 35%
PS4 - 20%
360- 11 %
PC - 10%
X1- 6%

brau

I believe Ground Zeroes sold three times as many copies on PS4 than it did on Xbox One,

The following are platforms splits for all software (MGS & PES)

PS3 - 35%
PS4 - 20%
360- 11 %
PC - 10%
X1- 6%

wow.. i guess it makes sense since more people have the ps3 than ps4.

PC doesn't suprise me since it came out way after. Thats too bad. I bet PC would get a lot more sales if it was released at the same time.

wow.. i guess it makes sense since more people have the ps3 than ps4.

PC doesn't suprise me since it came out way after. Thats too bad. I bet PC would get a lot more sales if it was released at the same time.

I think Konamis baseball series which is a PS3 exclusive in japan sells a lot so that boosts the number a bit

I do wonder if they are worried about MGS V Xbox sales being to low

Persona 5 looks amazing. Hopefully a release date isn't too far off for that either.

Yup!

brau

I think Konamis baseball series which is a PS3 exclusive in japan sells a lot so that boosts the number a bit

I do wonder if they are worried about MGS V Xbox sales being to low

I guess at that point, anything extra is just bonus no? specially since the effort of doing multiplatform has no big impact with the fox engine. Or at least that is how they make it sound. That the effort is minimal, and so it makes the budget go to where its important instead of the actual port of the game.

But yea... if that is not the case, then i am sure they'll think about it next time they want to release on everything.

IMO, i think they are happy they are getting sales on every platform.

Alienous

Skullface is such a good character design.

When you really look at his face he looks like a problem. I wonder if he knows CQC? Would be awesome if he was a co-student of The Boss, here to avenge his mentor, Bane style.

Thanks Rogue. I'm definitely clinging to hope. There's a small part of me that thinks that this could all be over soon and with a positive outcome. I've been telling my dad to not give up hope, and that he's going to outlive me and all my siblings. That sometimes gets a smirk out of him. Thanks for keeping my and my dad in your thoughts. I can't tell you what that means to me.

This is the way. No worries. As always, keep us updated. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom