• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread: Made you wait, didn't I?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lernaean

Banned
mEgBc23.jpg

:(

Oh, my. Incredible!

That P5 trailer is amazing

My two most anticipated games still without a release date :(

Yeah, same! ;_; Driving me nuts!

Had to join LD with the Persona avatar

My man!

How is Persona 4 on PS2?

It is INCREDIBLE. Golden simply adds to it, but as long as you play some form of the game, that's all that really matters! P4 is available on PSN as a PS2 Classic. You have to play it at some point! I have soaked so many hours into P4/G. Just an incredible experience. ;_;

I like this (probably) thief setting. It's a nice touch. They are thiefs right? Well it looks like it.

Yeah! And there's stealth!

39247349cd.gif

Hahahah I just did the exact same thing and I think I have to defect from Mother Base.

But seriously, do I need to play P4 at all? I played P3 and loved it and I swear the MC from that one was in the trailer. I sort of want to play P4 anyway but I don't have a Vita. UGHHHHH but P5 looks so fucking amazing. That style. That everything. Probably going to watch 100000 more times.

[leaving Mother Base in large numbers intensifies]

Dude, no need to worry about playing past games if you're looking to get into Persona-- there will be references, of course, as there always are, but they aren't intrusive AT ALL and you will have a great time jumping in at any point in the series!

8lLYpfo.gif

JAPAN IS MAKING A COMEBACK!

http://yttalk.com/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/new/smug.png[/IMG]

EgTlOQ4.png

Looks amazing doesnt it? It actually looks leagues better than Catherine, it's better than I expected.

You're right, it does! Oh, my God, man. Based Atlus. Sticking to their guns. I love Persona so much.

I need to finish Catherine so bad. Such an underrated game.

Please do! It is indeed. Biggest surprise of the PS3/X360 generation for me, no question.

There's no Persona hype without LD, i was waiting for your reaction xD
Never played Persona but i look forward for P5.

BROTHER!!!! Oh, man, part of me wants to tell you how badly you're missing out on the game, but the other part is just glad that you are going to hop in somewhere along the way with Persona 5!!!!!!!

Å

Åesop

Unconfirmed Member
to be honest

Catherine > MGS 4

(° ͜ʖ °) there I said it

Åesop;150777554 said:
to be honest

Catherine > MGS 4

(° ͜ʖ °) there I said it

Catherine's great but no. There's probably plenty around here who agree though. MGS4 is not popular around GAF outside of GOTY threads.

I had to much of these system errors lately... Can't say I love them. ⊙﹏⊙

Everything's fine. I love you (。◕‿‿◕。)

I send that gif straight back to you. I've seen that little video that you made for Skullface. That was really cool to do that.

Also, where is he?

It was nothing really, but thank you and I just hope things get better for him, his daughter, and his father.

Metal Gear Community Thread: Let your Persona come back to live!

That's really good!

Nah, more like more proof that this community is rather mad but loving. We like good things and we celebrate them.

Yeah! For sure. I don't like many games these days. Metal Gear was all I played for years, due to just not really connecting with any other game. I played Catherine and loved it and it was the lone exception. So, then I keep hearing everyone talk about Persona 4 Golden, and so I check it out. Find out it is from P Studio, who directed Catherine, and think "OK, now I've gotta play it." Played it, and never looked back. Persona is right up there with Metal Gear for me. Really saved me from the (what I find to be) dull state of gaming.

The Patriots vs. Reach out to the Truth

Go!

Hahaha!

The Patriots vs. Reach out to the Truth

Go!

Reach Out to the Truth -

Yeah flooded apple pie
Left until somebody cries
Goddamn always talking shizzle behind man get left behind
Come on and quit that shizzle tell me what you really want
Louder ladies I can feel nothing in the tone of your voice
Closer it gets y'all know how everything reflects
Your soul and spirits lost pretends gets rejects
Look man you are one who actually you detest
I guess they're good reasons why you can't see next

These are real words. Goddamn is it groovy.

Lernaean

Banned
Yeah! For sure. I don't like many games these days. Metal Gear was all I played for years, due to just not really connecting with any other game. I played Catherine and loved it and it was the lone exception. So, then I keep hearing everyone talk about Persona 4 Golden, and so I check it out. Find out it is from P Studio, who directed Catherine, and think "OK, now I've gotta play it." Played it, and never looked back. Persona is right up there with Metal Gear for me. Really saved me from the (what I find to be) dull state of gaming.

Brother :) (I actually have a handful more games i still worship, but i agree. Too few games matter anymore).

MGS GAF halp.

So I want to be hype for P5, but I never got into the series. I tried P3 way back in the day, and for some reason it just didn't click with me. It felt like I was playing some 'hip' Japanese high school anime.

Can someone explain to me the appeal of these games? I'm not trying to be facetious, just trying to understand what these games are all about since I have minimal exposure.

brau

MGS GAF halp.

So I want to be hype for P5, but I never got into the series. I tried P3 way back in the day, and for some reason it just didn't click with me. It felt like I was playing some 'hip' Japanese high school anime.

Can someone explain to me the appeal of these games? I'm not trying to be facetious, just trying to understand what these games are all about since I have minimal exposure.

If you have a Vita play P4G. Enjoy. Get hyped for P5 soon after.

Brother :) (I actually have a handful more games i still worship, but i agree. Too few games matter anymore).

BROTHER!! Yes, I know what you mean! ^_^

MGS GAF halp.

Like anything else, it isn't for everybody! Persona 4 really delivered on an unforgettable cast of characters-- every one of them important and engaging. It really helped the series take off. The gameplay, art, and music have all been there, but Persona 4's cast is up there with the best in gaming, if it isn't better than any other cast out there. All I can do is recommend that you try out Persona 4. Give it a shot, and if you don't like it, then it's safe to say that the series isn't for you.

Pardon my moment of randomness.

Patriots_zpse49tocbx.png

Bahahaha! Oh, my God.

brau

I don't. :(
Maybe me and S4nic should go halfsies on one.

My vita was justified once i played P4G. Worth the price in my book.

But P4... i can try and describe it. The game is very in depth. It has meaningful characters. You get really attached to relationships you forged. Story is interesting. VO is amazing. Art is solid and very detailed. Combat is fun and just the amount of stuff you do is pretty great.

On my first playthrough i played around 90+ hrs, and every day i would look forward to playing some on the vita. Never worried to run out of time since you can put it to sleep and resume from that point later.

The game also sparked my love for JRPGs again. I truly think this is one of the bests games i have ever played.

I dunno. I recommend it.

MGS GAF halp.

I actually liked Persona 3 more than Persona 4. Mostly because of that "I can do anything" Protagonist of Persona 4... I wanted that they announce Persona 3 for the Vita in that stream but now after I saw that trailer of Persona 5. I don't even care anymore about the P3 Vita.

I love all the designs of those 4 characters. I mean we got a "loser?" who turns into a badass when he goes into action.

We got a cat mascot! A cat mascot!

And the best thing of all...

We got... these:

B9F6w0nCYAE8gxR.jpg

Pigtails! Pigtails! Is there something better in this world than pigtails!? No, of course not!

Akiller

LD has already changed his avatar twice in a hour, the Hype is real.

Do you have a Vita? If yes, get P4G now, if no, wait for P5 and if you like it, go get a Vita for P4G and P3.

Don't hide. You're always a BROTHER!

DMC-4-Gif-devil-may-cry-30450721-500-254.gif

I'll see what i can do, my parents will kill me if they see i bought an other console -_-
P3 and 4 are on PSN?

is persona a visual novel (like the screen shots look like) or is it a JRPG? what's the combat like? is it turn-based
garbage
? i don't like traditional rpgs at all, the most rpg games i've liked are mass effect and fallout 3. should i even bother with persona?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom