• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread: Made you wait, didn't I?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know what you mean about wanting to divert from your goal and explore the world. Remember that mansion in what I think was the Gamescom demo across from the bridge? There was a ton of comments from people wanting the demo to take them in there and I was one of them. I'm sure there will be a mission infiltrating it, heck, there could be a few side missions around that mansion but I'm sure as fuck am going to find it myself as soon as we're allowed into that map. Can't wait! :D

Yup! (The TGS demo!) Yeah, I know, man! There are just so many things you can do in TPP; like, having your chopper drop you off anywhere? I just want to fly around in my chopper and mow down enemies! There is such a freedom being offered by TPP that isn't something I think we've seen before. But I digress, because back to the mansion:

ZgcX5qt.jpg

This gets me so hype. I want to see the area immediately surrounding the mansion! Also, remember in that demo that the bridge Snake would have used to get across was destroyed (by Snake himself). Just makes me so thirsty to find out just how many ways there are to get to your destination. Because, obviously, it wasn't Game Over after Snake destroyed the bridge, so it seems like there is literally an unlimited number of ways to get from where you are to where you need to be!

Dawg

I know what you mean about wanting to divert from your goal and explore the world. Remember that mansion in what I think was the Gamescom demo across from the bridge? There was a ton of comments from people wanting the demo to take them in there and I was one of them. I'm sure there will be a mission infiltrating it, heck, there could be a few side missions around that mansion but I'm sure as fuck am going to find it myself as soon as we're allowed into that map. Can't wait! :D

Mansion??? ;_;

LD dammit stop providing free "info" without pay to N4G.. We're N4G (aaaahhhh e-sports) now Dawg

And yes I hope we can explore that mansion it looks awesome.

Yup! (The TGS demo!) Yeah, I know, man! There are just so many things you can do in TPP; like, having your chopper drop you off anywhere? I just want to fly around in my chopper and mow down enemies! There is such a freedom being offered by TPP that isn't something I think we've seen before. But I digress, because back to the mansion:

This gets me so hype. I want to see the area immediately surrounding the mansion! Also, remember in that demo that the bridge Snake would have used to get across was destroyed (by Snake himself). Just makes me so thirsty to find out just how many ways there are to get to your destination. Because, obviously, it wasn't Game Over after Snake destroyed the bridge, so it seems like there is literally an unlimited number of ways to get from where you are to where you need to be!
You've posted this pic a few times and it gets me more hyped every time. You should stick it right at the top of your Community thread :p When other games brag about a massive open world, I rarely care because there's usually not much in it or at least not enough to justify the size of it but a massive Kojima world...fuck yes. The natural pessimist in me wants to worry about him doing a good open world when he hasn't done a game like that before but really, I know it will be fucking awesome.

Mansion??? ;_;

Took a quick snap in VLC:

f9Ww1T9.png

LD dammit stop providing free "info" without pay to N4G.. We're N4G (aaaahhhh e-sports) now Dawg

And yes I hope we can explore that mansion it looks awesome.

Hahahahaha! :lol

You've posted this pic a few times and it gets me more hyped every time. You should stick it right at the top of your Community thread :p When other games brag about a massive open world, I rarely care because there's usually not much in it or at least not enough to justify the size of it but a massive Kojima world...fuck yes. The natural pessimist in me wants to worry about him doing a good open world when he hasn't done a game like that before but really, I know it will be fucking awesome.

Hahaha! Shit yeah, man, I know what you mean. I quit worrying a long, long time ago. When I saw the E3 2014 demo, I was like, "Yo, I knew he had this shit. But he's fucking got this shit. Game of the Forever."

I wonder how boss fights will be given fue to the open nature of the game, like I know we'll get some vehicle mini-bosses we are already saw the helicopter from TGS.

What about bosses like Quiet? She seems OP tho

I wonder how boss fights will be given fue to the open nature of the game, like I know we'll get some vehicle mini-bosses we are already saw the helicopter from TGS.

Yeah! I think we'll see plenty of traditional human/superhuman bosses, as well. I know people worry about that since there weren't any in Peace Walker, but I think this game should provide some unforgettable ones! I think he was saying that you could leave a boss battle at any time since there is the level of freedom that there is in TPP, but yeah, I just wanna see how it is in action!

Rean

What about bosses like Quiet? She seems OP tho
Do we actually get to fight quiet in game? That would be so hype if true.

Lernaean

Banned
Yeah! I think we'll see plenty of traditional human/superhuman bosses, as well. I know people worry about that since there weren't any in Peace Walker, but I think this game should provide some unforgettable ones! I think he was saying that you could leave a boss battle at any time since there is the level of freedom that there is in TPP, but yeah, I just wanna see how it is in action!

I agree. I see them using 'superhuman' bosses in TPP as well. There are some hints already. Along with a mix of the old mechanical/vehicle bosses ofc.

I hope the buddy system with certain characters forces you to battle with them, but you gotta use a tranq gun or something of that nature kinda like the PW bosses.

TPP VR theory has to be true. Kojima himself said it: Everything that dies in TPP is dead for good. No second chance. So it has to be not real. Otherwise there would be a time paradox if you take Ocelot for example with you.

TPP VR theory has to be true. Kojima himself said it: Everything that dies in TPP is dead for good. No second chance. So it has to be not real. Otherwise there would be a time paradox if you take Ocelot for example with you.

He also said they probably wouldn't have ocelot as a buddy. Not gonna happen bro. Not sure why you'd want that theory to be true anyway

Speaking of a time paradox I wonder what are the inconsistencies that might be found in TPP? (Storywise) since he mentioned some stuff might get contradicted but it's necessary in order to tell a story and not being confined by established lore.

Chinner

Banned
I don't know why people would want TPP to be virtual reality, apart from the fans saying 'gotcha' it would pretty much devalue whatever happens in the story.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
2mAfoEd.png

Watching TPP gameplay. Man, guys. This gets me so hyped. Like, I want to know where that road leads!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;_;

Hahahaha! No, no!!!! Not YOU! The episode! It was the biggest garbage pile in the history of trash.

hhhhnnnnggggg

JayEH

2mAfoEd.png

Watching TPP gameplay. Man, guys. This gets me so hyped. Like, I want to know where that road leads!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;_;

That's the part where people in YT comments couldn't take the game seriously. :/

Hahahaha! No, no!!!! Not YOU! The episode!

Oh haha I see. My bad. I'm still sleepy.

I don't know why people would want TPP to be virtual reality, apart from the fans saying 'gotcha' it would pretty much devalue whatever happens in the story.

It's been the same theory since MGS2. It's really weird.

IY453Fh.png

Man. Like, I want to get to where the reinforcements are coming from! :'( Damn, this game, man. Game of the Forever.

hhhhnnnnggggg

Right?! Damn, man, and the game looks so much better than it did even six months ago. Wow.

That's the part where people in YT comments couldn't take the game seriously. :/

Ugh. Yeah, that's so annoying. I HAD FUN ONCE AND IT WAS AWFUL. :mad:

Oh haha I see. My bad. I'm still sleepy.

Haha! You're good!

JayEH

m8 pls that doesn't explain why otacon and liquid etc saw him too

what are you, a duck?

We don't know what they saw. We see everything from Snake's perspective. The entire Metal Gear saga could be in Snake's head the whole time while he's in a coma.

OK, guys, so I just noticed something - I don't know why it never came to mind before. I know it may be a bit of a stretch, but what if the reason you see the Diamond Dogs logo in the Mission Complete screen of the E3/Gamescom/TGS demos is because you complete those missions specifically for Diamond Dogs. What I'm saying is, what if there are other units you complete missions for?

e2A3icl.png

I think this, because of two reasons.

One: The iDroid concept video showed off a list of missions with the Diamond Dogs logos spread throughout the world.

LpY40iO.png

Two: Kojima has been showing off Snake recently. In one of the off-screen shots, the emblem seen on Snake's shoulder? Not Diamond Dogs, but Roughneck Ravens!

B7DvkM0CUAAsGnG.jpg:large

Anyways, just a theory of mine. Not sure if there's any legs to it.

I don't even joke around when I think this could be the greatest game of all time.

Oh, hell no. Doing so would be blasphemous! This game will be da GOAT. I mean, NO QUESTION!

I hope you can have more control over the chopper to do things like that. Its probably only gonna be setting destination points though.

You can fly around! Not sure how freely, but he says you can choose when and where to land, so I'm guessing you can fly wherever you want!

:SMUGFACE:

That is all.

Look out, guys. We got a badass over here!

Dawg

We don't know what they saw. We see everything from Snake's perspective. The entire Metal Gear saga could be in Snake's head the whole time while he's in a coma.

nice try bruh MGS isn't first person, you play as the camera man you fool

Dawg

They've never managed to reach the same level of voice acting with Gray Fox as in Metal Gear Solid. It all went downhill after Greg Eagles didn't voice him anymore. Twin Snakes destroys what makes Gray Fox so great.

Such a loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom