• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread: Made you wait, didn't I?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
i wonder if it's based on the artwork where she has her breasts out

excited.gif

JayEH

Yeah I'm sure solid will appear but idk if Hayter burned down some brides on his way out.

I never thought it was trolling anyway. I was always certain that he is just butthurt.
But seriously, a grown up man being so obsessed and acting like that is just embarrassing.

It sucks that this happened to him but there's no way this is an elaborate troll for him being in the game. Konami wouldn't just let him talk shit about them for 2 years. And because of this he probably won't be in anything Metal Gear related again.

I am fucked now...
I am reported sick since september the first.
Though I still got money from my job + money to drive with a bus/train.
First, I was in a psychiatry. When I went out of that I drove far far away.
Did something stupid, so I went back home to my mother.
Since then I always stayed home. Though I requested to end the contract for the driving tickets. But since it was a subscription, it had to be paid still for a few months.
Now, I see a letter. I have to pay back 1.118,60 €. That's the money of 2 months work + driving money. But since I the subscribtion with the travel agency hasn't ended yet. They pulled money away every fucking month. So I am not able to pay back all that money.
Thanks world. Because I am not able to go to work, you just had to fuck me again..

Stay strong bro.

I'm starting to believe this is no longer trolling, it just sucks man when the game releases it's gonna hurt him a ton ;/ this is Nomura situation right here.

Why is he even still bringing it up? He's said numerous times he's annoyed at the people thinking he's secretly in the game and taking his tweets out of context, so why make direct references to MGSV? Just let it go or he's inviting people to think something is up or keep reminding him of it.

Why is he even still bringing it up? He's said numerous times he's annoyed at the people thinking he's secretly in the game and taking his tweets out of context, so why make direct references to MGSV? Just let it go or he's inviting people to think something is up or keep reminding him of it.
I know man, he just gotta let it burn.. usher usher 8
But then we have to get a mod involved.

Fuq you're right.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I want to see a picture of your collection Sn4ku

And yeah, Hayter is in MGSV, deal with it

Metal_Gear_Solid_Toys_Update_by_Nintentoys.jpg

Not mine, the truth is I don't have a single figure. It's just a running joke made up by Chinner.

Yep, TEAM A will win this!

Hayter will voice Solid Snake

Alienous

Imagine an enemy RPG taking out your helicopter as you are trying to evacuate, and you jump out just before it crashes. Now you're searching for a vehicle, and enemy vehicles are pursuing. You shoot the passenger, then the driver, hop in and tell a replacement helicopter to pick you up miles away, as you time your driving to get their just as it lands, seeing it incoming in the distance.

Oh god, guys.

Dawg

Imagine an enemy RPG taking out your helicopter as you are trying to evacuate, and you jump out just before it crashes. Now you're searching for a vehicle, and enemy vehicles are pursuing. You shoot the passenger, then the driver, hop in and tell a replacement helicopter to pick you up miles away, as you time your driving to get their just as it lands, seeing it incoming in the distance.

Oh god, guys.

1. find a mirror
2. aim fulton at it
3. mirror makes it bounce back to me
4. i fulton myself
5. ?????

mission success

Alienous

1. find a mirror
2. aim fulton at it
3. mirror makes it bounce back to me
4. i fulton myself
5. ?????

mission success

I am slightly worried about the Fulton. I don't want every improvised escape to be hooking a fulton balloon to a jeep, jumping in, and warping to Mother Base. I also want a couple of prisoner rescues, like Paz's in Ground Zeroes, except over larger terrain.

Oh god, guys.
Tense.

Oh god, guys.

Whenever I think of a scenario like that, I think:

023.jpg

Remember in the trailer, Snake driving with Miller in the backseat? Then later, seen carrying Miller? I imagine that is because the player was looking to avoid detection, and keep Miller safe, thus hopped out of the vehicle and decided to travel on foot. Oh, my God. The possibilities are endless!!

Hai.

I am slightly worried about the Fulton. I don't want every improvised escape to be hooking a fulton balloon to a jeep, jumping in, and warping to Mother Base. I also want a couple of prisoner rescues, like Paz's in Ground Zeroes, except over larger terrain.

Agreed. I like Fulton but GZ really showed what a tense rescue mission without fulton had the potential to be like, now we have a proper body carrying mechanic and not the drag to the truck stuff from MPO. It would be a shame to have that rendered pointless in TPP. I'm definitely not rescuing Miller with fulton after the E3 trailer.

Dawg

I don't think you'll be able to fulton Miller anyway since it's early in the game and you probably don't have all mother base functions unlocked yet.

I can't believe I got suckered into thinking there would be a new trailer by now.

Same here :( It would have been guaranteed if the game was as close as we wanted it to be.

I was also suckered into thinking early Q2 was plausible at the end of last year... now I'm starting to lose hope for as late as June.

Alienous

I can't believe I got suckered into thinking there would be a new trailer by now.

I'm sort of hoping we don't get another trailer. The next trailer will probably be the final one, and Kojima doesn't have the greatest track record when it comes with keeping secrets in his final trailer. He's just like "Aw, fuck it, REX vs. RAY".

I don't think you'll be able to fulton Miller anyway since it's early in the game and you probably don't have all mother base functions unlocked yet.

I think some targets will be too high value or too injured to risk Fultoning, and Miller would be both. You could be right about first mission being completely without Fulton too, Peace Walker did the same I think? Maybe vehicles and crate fultons require extra development too, demos can be misleading.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom