• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread: Made you wait, didn't I?

Status
Not open for further replies.
LD it's a private army so they go the highest bidder it's a good theory, big boss goes to fight wherever he's needed. So participating in different factions sounds good.

Dawg

B7DvkM0CUAAsGnG.jpg:large

What if that screenshot is from the multiplayer component? We know you can have different logos on your base during MP. Maybe that chopper is on its way to invade another base?

Actually... wait. The chopper is empty. Maybe it's some kind of lobby to decide which base you're gonna invade :c

What if that screenshot is from the multiplayer component? We know you can have different logos on your base during MP. Maybe that chopper is on its way to invade another base?

Actually... wait. The chopper is empty. Maybe it's some kind of lobby to decide which base you're gonna invade :c

You can change your logo and name regardless, if single or multiplayer.

JayEH

The message is anti-nuclear weapons. But it’s not just about shouting that message at the player. Through the game, the player is motivated to make a base and build up their military centre. But at some point, when it reaches a certain size, the world begins to take notice and, in that sense, you become the threat. Countries begin to attack you.
At this point I give the player the option to think about acquiring a nuclear weapon, in order to deter these attacks, a kind of threat. It illustrates the cycle of nuclear weapons, what inspires people and nations to enter into that system. It’s something that you can only really do in video games.

http://www.metalgearinformer.com/?p=15160

Do you guys remember this from the summer? I wonder how the attacks from other nations will be handled. Will it be like offline invasions or maybe something like a full scale attack? The E3 gameplay hints at something big since the alarms are going off and Snake runs to the heli.

LD it's a private army so they go the highest bidder it's a good theory, big boss goes to fight wherever he's needed. So participating in different factions sounds good.

Thanks! Yeah, I guess that's true enough-- didn't even think about his last words in PW! :-D

I suppose it could be, but I guess this is the thing: Then how would the player get Roughneck Ravens, Stubborn Sheep, (etc) emblems all over their base, if there wasn't some sort of faction system, you know? He claims that he's simply flying over Africa in the tweet. But who knows!

http://www.metalgearinformer.com/?p=15160

Do you guys remember this from the summer? I wonder how the attacks from other nations will be handled. Will it be like offline invasions or maybe something like a full scale attack? The E3 gameplay hints at something big since the alarms are going off and Snake runs to the heli.

Yeah!! Will be interesting. It's awesome that both AI and player can attack. I wonder how alliances will work!

kotor22

Maybe when you create the custom missions and someone plays one, the mission end screen has your custom logo? Thatd be neat , as well as yout patch. Im still waiting for them to show more on how that works and how it ties into the companion App...SO HYPE

Rean

It could just be a menu transition. Some games do that when you pick and option an the camera flips around for some reason.

MGS-Ground-Zeroes-Menu-Screen.jpg

Dawg

Well... maybe Diamond Dogs can have subfactions? Like... Diamond Dogs is the core but it owns several other factions?

Or MAYBE when Big Boss wants to do missions where the enemy can't know it's Diamond Dogs... he wears patch from a different PMC so they think it was that PMC?

I don't know... there has to be some kind of explanation as to why Big Boss himself (mothafuckin' boss of Diamondu Dawgz) would wear a different patch.

Smugface: A Ghost without a Past

Well... maybe Diamond Dogs can have subfactions? Like... Diamond Dogs is the core but it owns several other factions?

Or MAYBE when Big Boss wants to do missions where the enemy can't know it's Diamond Dogs... he wears patch from a different clan so they think it was that clan?

I don't know... there has to be some kind of explanation as to why Big Boss himself (mothafuckin' boss of Diamondu Dawgz) would wear a different patch.

Yeah! Sure. I think there could be something like that. Remember, at E3 and gamescom, we heard the terms "Mother Base" and "Forward Operating Base," and in the Ground Zeroes files that appeared recently, it seems as though players will be able to run several Mother Bases.

Dawg

Kojima better not have dropped the Quiet date mission because of the backlash

ah who am i kidding he literally does not give a fuck

Can't wait for kid sniper wolf saying Saladin!

New page hype mofos!

HYPE!

Kojima better not have dropped the Quiet date mission because of the backlash

ah who am i kidding he literally does not give a fuck

Hahaha! Yeah, man. Kojima gives no fucks. That's why I love him. I get so sick of the "norm" and fucking love what he brings to the table, every time. He's unapologetic and balls outta control, dunking on the rest of the industry.

I am fucked now...
I am reported sick since september the first.
Though I still got money from my job + money to drive with a bus/train.
First, I was in a psychiatry. When I went out of that I drove far far away.
Did something stupid, so I went back home to my mother.
Since then I always stayed home. Though I requested to end the contract for the driving tickets. But since it was a subscription, it had to be paid still for a few months.
Now, I see a letter. I have to pay back 1.118,60 €. That's the money of 2 months work + driving money. But since I the subscribtion with the travel agency hasn't ended yet. They pulled money away every fucking month. So I am not able to pay back all that money.
Thanks world. Because I am not able to go to work, you just had to fuck me again..

Lernaean

Banned
I'm starting to believe this is no longer trolling, it just sucks man when the game releases it's gonna hurt him a ton ;/ this is Nomura situation right here.

I never thought it was trolling anyway. I was always certain that he is just butthurt.
But seriously, a grown up man being so obsessed and acting like that is just embarrassing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom