• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread: Made you wait, didn't I?

Status
Not open for further replies.

brau

Aww shit! Excellent! Just could you make the helmet/chin round? Like the original was.. please. (。◕‿‿◕。)

7742lba6.png

i6ICcu3MKeonG.PNG

Yoooo that looks amazing.

Thanks.

Not since I started full-time work, something I always regret. Also no, but I can show an example of what's currently being worked on. Knolling image pending.

That looks pretty cool. Very clean. You just do all the website work?

That looks pretty cool. Very clean. You just do all the website work?

Started off helping out with the web design, moved onto magazine, brochures, advertisement and now I'm doing less of the design work and getting more involved with the social/pr side.

The job can get overwhelming, and at times I wish it was more focused on one specific part. Other days I love the variety and the skills I get to learn.

Here.
NekoFox.psd

This looks great.

brau

I love you so much for that! It is puuurrfect! Do you also have a psd file for this version?

NekoFox.psd

Started off helping out with the web design, moved onto magazine, brochures, advertisement and now I'm doing less of the design work and getting more involved with the social/pr side.

The job can get overwhelming, and at times I wish it was more focused on one specific part. Other days I love the variety and the skills I get to learn.

Yea... i've been looking to move to a new place... place i am at is starting to be more of a production house than anything creative. But its alright.

Is PS all you use? or you also get into Illustrator?

Rajang

This dude from MGS reddit...
I wish I could walk around like this ;'(

Why would you wanna do that? He looks like a homeless person.

for the thrill...

and dd

B-Ca5tVCcAEonHD.jpg

So cute. My dog sleeps like that as well.

I bet Snake just had his head tattooed. He will remove the bandage in the upcoming trailer and reveal the
RELEASE DATE: JUNE 8 2015!

Edit: That Gray Fox Kitten avatar looks amazing. :O

Yea... i've been looking to move to a new place... place i am at is starting to be more of a production house than anything creative. But its alright.

Change is good, I was always told to never dedicate myself to one work place.

Is PS all you use? or you also get into Illustrator?

InDesign and Photoshop are what I use daily. Illustrator comes in handy for vector work and when working on the branding. I used to use Flash for web banners but we've moved onto html banners now.

How about you?

brau

Geez... I requested this 2 hours ago and you did an amazing job. Unbelievable! I cannot understand how you did this...

If you have time to spare again sometime.. Would you also turn this one into a Gray Fox Kitten?
Without the utility bag.

I am a greedy kitten...

It wasn't that much time really... i maybe spent 20 mins on it? with revisions... max 30 mins. But i am also trying to get another request done that is a little bit more time consuming.

Also, i gotta start work at some point lol.

I can do a breakdown of what i did if you are interested. Its not that hard.

I'll think about doing that one. I just gotta get some free time. I have a milestone tomorrow, and then on Friday.

I see here is a lot of people can do some graphics and stuff. We should do our owm metal gear game (2D GZ with Hayter voice or something) and release it before this fucking Phantom Pain.
I can do some programming stuff. I really like programming, but I suck at creating or modifying images for games/websites.

It wasn't that much time really... i maybe spent 20 mins on it? with revisions... max 30 mins. But i am also trying to get another request done that is a little bit more time consuming.

Also, i gotta start work at some point lol.

I can do a breakdown of what i did if you are interested. Its not that hard.

I'll think about doing that one. I just gotta get some free time. I have a milestone tomorrow, and then on Friday.

30 minutes.. You are cazy!

I had an overview what you did when I looked at the PSD file, very impressive. I need to get a graphics tablet. Or atleast a mouse. I really only be able to do simple work or pixel art with my touchpad on the laptop.

Also, no need to rush. It's just an idea if you have spare time.

You deserve a hug for what you did.

268.gif.pagespeed.ce.D_7QgtUAL5FutUPI-AzT.gif

I am trying now to make an animation out of this kitten.

Like this:

mdwhlacr.gif

brau

Change is good, I was always told to never dedicate myself to one work place.

InDesign and Photoshop are what I use daily. Illustrator comes in handy for vector work and when working on the branding. I used to use Flash for web banners but we've moved onto html banners now.

How about you?

Yea... change should be good. Excited at the prospect of doing some more high quality work for a bigger studio... i'll share with you my latest art test if you are interested.

As far as programs... i range from 3DS Max, Zbrush, Photoshop, engine work... whatever i am using which includes Nintendos vanilla software and Unity. What else do i use... all kinds of programs.

Where you at? East coast?

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Kojima says: "DD seems shocked to see Snake with bandages.”

and bigger pic:

B-Ca5tVCcAEonHD.jpg:large

Yea... change should be good. Excited at the prospect of doing some more high quality work for a bigger studio... i'll share with you my latest art test if you are interested.

As far as programs... i range from 3DS Max, Zbrush, Photoshop, engine work... whatever i am using which includes Nintendos vanilla software and Unity. What else do i use... all kinds of programs.

Definitely, would love to see it. A whole different world there, sounds like great fun though!

Where you at? East coast?

Not quite. Berkshire, England.

Sn4ke_911

I don't even understand this. Isn't Kojima a perfectionist? Why does he show us that glitchy bandage?

as he said on twitter: "What? Unexpectedly Snake got bandage on when back in to chopper! Why?! Wasn't plan this way.”

Bandage is probably just a bug.

Man that would be awesome. Feeding him animals you catch with fulton.

My DD would be the dog version of Snorlax. :>

:lol

Sn4ke_911

Well kojima is good friends with ubisoft so the downgrade makes sense smugface

Ubi: Don't be stupid Kojima, stop investing so much time into this, doesn't matter if a broken piece of shit they will buy it anyway.

brau

Definitely, would love to see it. A whole different world there, sounds like great fun though!

Not quite. Berkshire, England.

PMed you.

Oh nice... i went to a school run by all English staff. Had english curriculum and had to take those annoying Cambridge examinations. A levels and IGCSEs?

Went to that school through all my school i think. So i relate to England, even if i have never been there.

Metal Gear Solid 6: Comet - PC
Metal Gear Solid 6: Rogue - last gen
Metal Gear Solid 6: Unity - next gen
Metal Gear Solid 6: Liberation - vita
Metal Gear Solid 6: U - wii u

Oh nice... i went to a school run by all English staff. Had english curriculum and had to take those annoying Cambridge examinations. A levels and IGCSEs?

Went to that school through all my school i think. So i relate to England, even if i have never been there.

Ha, interesting. GCSE's and A Levels, what did you pick? If you had a choice. I assume Art/Media related subjects.

I studied IT, Chemistry, Maths and Business Studies. It wasn't till a year after finishing A levels, and went to college that I started to study art.

brau

Ha, interesting. GCSE's and A Levels, what did you pick? If you had a choice. I assume Art/Media related subjects.

I studied IT, Chemistry, Maths and Business Studies. It wasn't till a year after finishing A levels, and went to college that I started to study art.

I took English, Math, Art and History i think. Maybe i am missing one. I forget. For GCSEs i had to take some more mandatory ones... like Chemistry, Drama, Physics and i think thats it.

School sucks, but i love learning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom