• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread: Made you wait, didn't I?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jindrax

KbVWy63.jpg

Postman delivered... Unlike KOJIMA

brau

wow... those bandages look really sloppy. But the lighting and everything else looks amazing.

What happened Kojima?

Huh?

Well.. i use it every day for work. So i should know my way around it. But what do you mean?

I tried this before but I am not good at this stuff. Plus I don't have a mouse that makes it even harder, so I only have a touchpad.

Could you try, giving me a fancy Gray Fox exoskeleton? Without the scarf of course. But with the pointy ears and tail.

4wnfj9pd.png

Fox_by_Matelandia.jpg

brau

I tried this before but I am not good at this stuff. Plus I don't have a mouse that makes it even harder, so I only have a touchpad.

Could you try, giving me a fancy Gray Fox exoskeleton? Without the scarf of course. But with the pointy ears and tail.

4wnfj9pd.png

Fox_by_Matelandia.jpg

Oh sure... it helps that i have a wacom tablet, so i can paint stuff as well. I'll give it a shot in a few mins and get back to you. Just a min.

do you want the same colors as Grey Fox? or your red and black on the cat? Also, i am sure you want the same proportions of the cat, but you want the helmet open? or not?

Same colors as Gray Fox.
Helmet closed. But if you could also make one with an open helmet, then that too. (ಠ‿ಠ)
But priority is helmet closed.

brau

Hello, Mr. Smugface.

So simple pass and rendered out with a shadow.

iUYK21bh1e0Zz.PNG

I'll do a highlight rim light... but only if you like it haha. What you think?

NVM... added highlight anyways.

ibgAYcbEpO3Kzd.PNG

Also.. here is the link to the psd, in case you want to tweak anything.
NekoFox.psd
It should all be in layers and what not.

What do you do for work? If you don't mind me asking. Always interested in others work, no idea why though.

Avid PS user here too, graphic design.

Oh nice! I don't do GD... but i am an artist. I make art for games. Mainly 3D, so i use photoshop for textures and what not. Also concept work or whatever.

Have i seen any of your work? its always interesting to see all the graphic design work.

Oh nice! I don't do GD... but i am an artist. I make art for games. Mainly 3D, so i use photoshop for textures and what not. Also concept work or whatever.

Have i seen any of your work? its always interesting to see all the graphic design work.

Living the dream! I remember trying out 3D software at university, just couldn't wrap my head around it, especially when doing people or animals.

My design work isn't very exciting, it's all drab and very corporate, I work within a marketing communications department for an electrical components company.

brau

Living the dream! I remember trying out 3D software at university, just couldn't wrap my head around it, especially when doing people or animals.

My design work isn't very exciting, it's all drab and very corporate, I work within a marketing communications department for an electrical components company.

Thats cool man. Do you do some work on your own time? got a portfolio?

So simple pass and rendered out with a shadow.

iUYK21bh1e0Zz.PNG

I'll do a highlight rim light... but only if you like it haha. What you think?

Are you fucking kitten me!? This is crazy. You are crazy! I love it! That's better than I could have ever imagined!

But could you make the ears the same color as the helmet, the helmet as round as the normal head and the circle on the helmet red glowing like this:

metal-gear-rising_gray-fox.jpg

Then it would be perfect! But it is already sick, that trumps all my expectations!

brau

Are you fucking kitten me!? This is crazy. You are crazy! I love it! That's better than I could have ever imagined!

But could you make the ears the same color as the helmet, the helmet as round as the normal head and the circle on the helmet red glowing like this:

Then it would be perfect! But it is already sick, that trumps all my expectations!

Yea... i changed the ears so they would pop. Thats just me being fancy. I'll change them back and add a glow flare to the eye.

Just a sec.

Here.

igrJ2Zru71E8K.PNG

PSD NekoFox.psd

Thats cool man. Do you do some work on your own time? got a portfolio?

Not since I started full-time work, something I always regret. Also no, but I can show an example of what's currently being worked on. Knolling image pending.

I never realised Google docs wasn't blocked by my work, I've been using tumblr to upload stuff for ages ;_;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom