• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT2| © 2015 Konami Digital Entertainment

Status
Not open for further replies.
4. What is on the back of the Metal Gear Solid game manual? Not case... MANUAL people. Like the little booklet that tells you to press the action button at the correct time.

I cant find my disc but I feel like it was an ad for another Konami game ( maybe a silent hill game).
Maybe I am confusing it woth SotN

Vally

rcggiLe.png

Imagine the meltdowns if their theories turn out to be true

sexyelder

I just had a thought of Big Boss riding his motorcycle through the desert shooting his robotic hand out like a rocket mowing down Soviets and then the hand comes back like a boomerang.
Konami may have stopped his twiiter posts, but they cant stop Kojima's godlike telekenetic powers!

EGOMON

Alright i finished playing MGS1 & MGS2 i must say i prefer MGS1 a lot more especially story and pacing-wise. MGS2 story felt all over the place not to mention weak boss fights but the improved controls was very much welcomed.
I am half through MGS3 this game is the fuckin GOAT i can't believe how good it is everything about it is just perfect!

Edit: the 4th wall stuff in MGS games are mind-blowing, my favorite is switching to the 2nd controller when fighting Psycho-Mantis unbelievable.

Rean

Alright i finished playing MGS1 & MGS2 i must say i prefer MGS1 a lot more especially story and pacing-wise. MGS2 story felt all over the place not to mention weak boss fights but the improved controls was very much welcomed.
I am half through MGS3 this game is the fuckin GOAT i can't believe how good it is everything about it is just perfect!

Edit: the 4th wall stuff in MGS games are mind-blowing, my favorite is switching to the 2nd controller when fighting Psycho-Mantis unbelievable.
I like the japanese girl in the radar.

Mexen

Yaaassss

Wait..what girl? Which game?

That girl. That game.

<_<

wilsonda

4. What is on the back of the Metal Gear Solid game manual? Not case... MANUAL people. Like the little booklet that tells you to press the action button at the correct time.

I cant find my disc but I feel like it was an ad for another Konami game ( maybe a silent hill game).
Maybe I am confusing it woth SotN

two best stealth based games of the gen incoming.

True although I would normally say splinter cell over deus ex ...

I'm going to hack the vWii on my WiiU soon and play Twin Snakes for the first time.

I've heard all about its flaws compared to the masterpiece, but I have to see it for myself. I'm going to abuse the fuck out of the first person perspective that's for sure.

Zambatoh

Btw I also received my Japanese copy of GZ for PS4 today. :) Kaz on the cover <3

And I still don't own a PS4.

Hahaha, I've actually never seen that one.

Since you have the JP version GZ, you should be able to see the full story in this version.

Shy

Wait..what girl? Which game?
It's in MGS2 when you're in arsenal gear, where naked Raiden is in the hallway, i can't remember if it's when you're waiting for snake or it's when he gives you the sword, but in between all the scissor 61 codec calls they'll be some live action footage in your radar of an idol.

KorrZ

I felt the same way immediately after finishing MGS2 after playing both games back to back. For me it was the characters that made MGS2 feel kind of flat story-wise. None of the characters in 2 can really live up to great ones like Gray Fox and Sniper Wolf from 1. Which of course, ultimately led to the boss fights being less climactic, on top of being a lot less creative overall (IMO).

I'd recommend watching some good analysis videos on YouTube though as after doing so I can appreciate what MGS2 was trying to do a lot more then I did initially while playing. There is a LOT going in on the plot that you can't really appreciate while playing it the first time since you have no idea wtf is going on.

Some good videos to start with:

Critical Close-up: Metal Gear Solid 2

Matthewmatosis - Metal Gear Solid 2 Review

It's in MGS2 when you're in arsenal gear, where naked Raiden is in the hallway, i can't remember if it's when you're waiting for snake or it's when he gives you the sword, but in between all the scissor 61 codec calls they'll be some live action footage in your radar of an idol.

I think it's the same video as the one you get if you flip the projector too many times in the tanker.

KorrZ

Just watched the last episode of Metal Gear Scanlon 3. That ending ;_;7

Can't wait for MGS4

2741709-mgsfinal.gif

It was nice to hear the sort of confirmation of a Metal Gear Scanlon 5 at some point in the future.

Also good to hear Drew say that he loves the series, especially with how frustrated he seemed during this game in particular.

It was nice to hear the sort of confirmation of a Metal Gear Scanlon 5 at some point in the future.

Also good to hear Drew say that he loves the series, especially with how frustrated he seemed during this game in particular.

Thats because no one can hate MGS3.

Kindekuma

Banned
Welcome Back!

You might as well play PW and GZ while you're at it.

Well I plan to do a full Peace Walker run in the summer, and then when I beat GZ afterward (9 days before TPP releases), I'll delete that PW data. It'll suck but I'll get in the "I'M NUCLEARRRRRR" mode of anger and want revenge.

JayEH

Do you guys think Shinkawa will also bounce from Konami when Kojima leaves?

Yeah, the Gamespot report said all upper management of Koji Pro is pretty much going to be gone. Even If Shinkawa wasn't apart of this, I imagine he would follow Kojima still.

Rean

do you guys think the phantom pain can go down as one of the greatest video games of all time?

do you guys think MGS V TPP will be considered one of the greatest games ever made?

could The Phantom Pain become the greatest stealth game of all time..

can it compete with something like Blacklist in pure stealth. (not saying TPP won't be a better game overall, but just in terms of stealth)

im sure it will be difficult to compete with some of the pure, pure stealth games like Thief and Chaos Theory...but it should be interesting

the stealth in GZ is some of the most dynamic gameplay i have ever played

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom