• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT2| © 2015 Konami Digital Entertainment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salaadin

Yeah, Shinkawa is his right hand man.

Pretty much the entire Kojima Productions staff is fired, they are all contractors untill december and then are let go.

Im hoping everyone turns up together somewhere. I see a lot of "I hope Sony gets him!" or "MS better hire him" but honestly, I just want Kojima Productions to be together and making games for any system that they can.

Hey guys, typing with one hand at the moment due to my shoulder surgery from last Friday.

Good news, I'm doing fine I'm just in a lot of pain most of the time.

I am practically counting down the days to MGSV:TPP and the wait is painful but luckily I can still game for a couple hours a day before I must rest(don't worry the doctor said it would be okay to play a bit).

I beat Bloodborne, it gave me a taste of what it must feel like to complete TPP. The same feeling when I completed MGS1 and 3 for the first time

That feeling of having played a masterpiece... I cannot wait to re-experience it in September, the final A Hideo Kojima Game.

I am still torn over what happened with Kojipro, but I know it will be his greatest masterpiece.

Rajang

Hey guys, typing with one hand at the moment due to my shoulder surgery from last Friday.

I am practically counting down the days to MGSV:TPP and the wait is painful but luckily I can still game for a couple hours a day before I must rest(don't worry the doctor said it would be okay to play a bit).

I beat Bloodborne, it gave me a taste of what it must feel like to complete TPP. The same feeling when I completed MGS1 and 3 for the first time

That feeling of having played a masterpiece... I cannot wait to re-experience it in September, the final A Hideo Kojima Game.

I am still torn over what happened with Kojipro, but I know it will be his greatest masterpiece.

Get well soon champ.

I hear ya, but also, this frees them up to do as they please if they strike out on their own. I'm infinitely curious to see what their studio can produce without the politics of Konami in the background if that's indeed the case.

I hear ya, but also, this frees them up to do as they please if they strike out on their own. I'm infinitely curious to see what their studio can produce without the politics of Konami in the background if that's indeed the case.

It'll depend on how much of a dire straits they are in financially. A lot of famous producers that broke away from their parent companies (Sakaguchi, Inafune, Kamiya) had to find ways to work around a more limited budget.

JayEH

Glad to hear everything is ok. Bloodborne was fantastic! My GOTY until MGSV for sure.

Rean

Get well soon Duke.

We all know Big Boss establishes Outer Heaven in South Africa...

but im wondering if TPP will mention Zanzibar land (since its close proximity to Afghanistan)

Mexen

Ohayou emu ji essu gaffu (Morning MGSGAF)

That Sniper Wolf pic had me riled up last month when I discovered it.

Needed something to get rid of the Kaz-Boss deviant art. Now I miss Cipher ( ._.)

Vally

PDIQnoP.jpg

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Ah, I see, thanks. I understand NDAs and such, but that seems a little.. totalitarian, no?

Yeah, how Konami handles this whole situation is very unprofessional and absolutely disgusting (erasing Kojima's name from his games)

Crypt

The secrecy around it really isn't helping anyone. They should just be straight with us and give the details already. If it's Konami's fault, well they're already getting lots of hate, so I don't know if it could get much worse from that side. If it's Kojima initiating the departure, then at least the hate would stop and we'd have a nice understanding.

Sn4ke_911

The secrecy around it really isn't helping anyone. They should just be straight with us and give the details already. If it's Konami's fault, well they're already getting lots of hate, so I don't know if it could get much worse from that side. If it's Kojima initiating the departure, then at least the hate would stop and we'd have a nice understanding.

Exactly, all we want is a statement from the man himself (Kojima).

Not Konami PR bullshit.

Woffls

Was custom MP3 support ever patched in to MGS4? I've looked around but haven't found recent answers. I'm guessing not, which is a real shame.

Just doing my Assassin emblem run and it's a hell of a lot of fun. I could play this game forever.

Good to hear from you brother, get healed up soon!

And yes, Bloodborne is bloody amazing!

Sn4ke_911

Get well soon, Duke!

EGOMON

I felt the same way immediately after finishing MGS2 after playing both games back to back. For me it was the characters that made MGS2 feel kind of flat story-wise. None of the characters in 2 can really live up to great ones like Gray Fox and Sniper Wolf from 1. Which of course, ultimately led to the boss fights being less climactic, on top of being a lot less creative overall (IMO).

I'd recommend watching some good analysis videos on YouTube though as after doing so I can appreciate what MGS2 was trying to do a lot more then I did initially while playing. There is a LOT going in on the plot that you can't really appreciate while playing it the first time since you have no idea wtf is going on.

Some good videos to start with:

Critical Close-up: Metal Gear Solid 2

Matthewmatosis - Metal Gear Solid 2 Review
Exactly! MGS1 characters had more impact on the fights and story
Thanks for the links

Skullface

I wanted to share my experience with you guys. I preordered the CE of MGSV from GameStop. My financial situation got twisted around where I could have really used the extra 120 in my pocket. So I cancelld m preorder, and it took over a week to get a refund.

So I calld the store where I paid when I initially decided to cancel my preorder, but they told me it was treated as an online order since it was to be shipped to me. Fine. So I called the number on their website, explained my situation, and was told to expect a refund. The 3-5 business day period passes and no refund, so I contact them again. I get this snotty bastard that tells me he sees where the mistake was made, but over all, I couldn't get a refund to my card, they need to cut me a check. Wut? So I press them and eventually get a very helpful manager that tells me he can absolutely get a refund back to my card. This is 6 days later btw. So the next day I contact GameStop to verify that they had issued my refund, but all any employee can do is verify that a request for a refund had been sent to their financial dept. Again, wut?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom