• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.

thabtoUK

who knows?
Josh from Start Replay has further clarified his thoughts on The Phantom Pain, stating that he think's the
game's face-changing feature is for online only
:

http://twitter.com/thabtoUK/status/609375008608153600

"I can confirm that you're asked to change your face, though I think it's to do with MGS Online."

"The customisation is extensive."

"I have a sneaky suspicion it's not the last we've seen of David Hayter as Snake."

Kazuhira

2015-06-1217_32_57-yo4oocv.png

2015-06-1217_33_20-yolpp88.png

Is that the hospital?

Loakum

Banned
He's hallucinating.
Whenever BB experiences a head injury the shrapnel in his head causes him to have a hallucination. So far he's had one in Africa, and now the Hospital twice?

Please forgive me, but I'm too afraid to click on any spoiler tags. I think you understand why.

Is that the hospital?

seeing those same metal medical trays, I will have to guess...yeah.

Heya guys!
I'm so sorry for posting in here out of the blue, especially since it's not technically MGS-related X_X. But I was just kinda wondering if anyone has heard from Mexen in any form? I was just kinda seeing that he hasn't posted since he made that thread in OT yesterday, so I guess I'm a bit concerned!

Really sorry for the random post! Ignore me if it's not a big deal and stuff! I know it's probably not my business and stuff :'S

Heya guys!
I'm so sorry for posting in here out of the blue, especially since it's not technically MGS-related X_X. But I was just kinda wondering if anyone has heard from Mexen in any form? I was just kinda seeing that he hasn't posted since he made that thread in OT yesterday, so I guess I'm a bit concerned!

Really sorry for the random post! Ignore me if it's not a big deal and stuff! I know it's probably not my business and stuff :'S

We PM'd him on GAF and other sites but he didn't reply (yet). :(

Tbh I was hoping for mostly MGO stuff at E3 (beta plz) and maybe a short trailer with gameplay and cutscenes without spoiling too much, but not a full 6 minute story trailer.

He's hallucinating.
Whenever BB experiences a head injury the shrapnel in his head causes him to have a hallucination. So far he's had one in Africa, and now the Hospital twice?

I think the people are really being shot. And the explanation about
hallucinations and stuff will just be a red herring to explain all the Mantis influenced weirdness

thabtoUK

who knows?
Dr. Sergio Canavero has confirmed that he doesn't know actually know how to do his Heaven-Gemini head transplant procedure:

http://www.nbcnews.com/health/healt...-surgeon-us-you-do-it-youre-americans-n374721

"It was only in the last 10 minutes of his soliloquy that Canavero admitted he did not really know how to pull off an actual head transplant."

So, this pretty much confirms it was a hoax.

Canavero did however, talk about The Phantom Pain again:

http://twitter.com/GoryErika/status/609463803584114690

"denies any video game involvement, says he plans to sue over use of his likeness."

Shy

Impeccable logic.
Yeah, because Konami are going to do a beta for a game, which in all likelihood are going to abandon come the new year.

Instead of being rude you could actually make a proper post.
Dr. Canavero has confirmed that he doesn't know actually know how to do his Heaven-Gemini head transplant procedure:

http://www.nbcnews.com/health/healt...-surgeon-us-you-do-it-youre-americans-n374721

"It was only in the last 10 minutes of his soliloquy that Canavero admitted he did not really know how to pull off an actual head transplant."

Canavero did however, talk about The Phantom Pain:

"denies any video game involvement, says he plans to sue over use of his likeness."
So, because he appears to be a medical huckster, it must be a big marketing hoax by Kojima. ? that's one hell of baseless assumption.

Imo, He's in there because Kojima heard/read about him, and used his likeness without permission. that's all.

Look, you're never going to get a MGS2 style twists again.

Loakum

Banned
Dr. Sergio Canavero has confirmed that he doesn't know actually know how to do his Heaven-Gemini head transplant procedure:

Canavero did however, talk about The Phantom Pain again:

This may be the most EPIC/Controversial viral marketing...EVER!

Yeah, because Konami are going to do a beta for a game, which in all likelihood are going to abandon come the new year.

Instead of being rude you could actually make a proper post.

I'll make a proper post if you explain what ' Konami gonna Konami' mean in relation to releasing broken untested games.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
When they changed Kojipro from full time employees to contract workers, with their contracts running out in December.

Kojima's team did not really work on MGO.

Kojima Productions in Japan = MGSV

Kojima Productions in LA = MGO

Kindekuma

Banned
How it feels to be someone in the community who doesn't care about potential spoilers in trailers:

bu6wplC.gif

compared to people who are trying to avoid spoilers all together no matter how minor the details:

LtIVjnB.gif

Sn4ke_911

Yes i know that, but (Tora can correct me if i'm wrong.) the contract change included Kojipro L.A. as well.

Well the official MGO twitter said they have no plans to end it anytime soon.

Shy

Well the official MGO twitter said they have no plans to end it anytime soon.
Do you expect them to say anything else. ?

They wouldn't say "ohh yeah we going to drop major support for the online in the new year, please buy our game." would they.

Sn4ke_911

Do you expect them to say anything else. ?

They wouldn't say "ohh yeah we going to drop major support for the online in the new year, please buy our game." would they.

Of course i can only repeat what they said so guess we'll see...

Sn4ke_911

This was a preview from levelup (Spanish Language Source)
Jorge Arellano (played 15 hours)

New details on the healing system in MGSV : TPP

Dislocate arm, for example, allows the game to teach an important mechanics: you heal your wounds on the battlefield. Implementation is more natural than in Snake Eater, where you had to collect medicine, tablets and others. Here are some injuries that you can not recover automatically: if you harm your arm, you can not raise a weapon; if your leg is hurt, you can not run; an injured torso means you'll need a first aid kit to recover, and so on. To relieve you, you must find a safe place and press triangle/y button, here you will not need to enter different menus and apply different type of medicine/kits according to your wound, like in MGS3:SE.

Forget being hurt, pause, heal and come back as new to the battlefield: now you must integrate this act in your daring escape.

For example, during a sequence in which you are wounded, Snake can stagger and react with the elements of the stage. If you approach a trash can, Snake can topple it, fall to the floor and spill; maybe you try to lean on a railing to get up and finish dislocating the arm.

And according to OXM and OPM, D - dog can spot nearby items, and one of the items mentioned are "medical plants/herbs".

I don't remember where I read this, but the healing spray is back to TPP.

FROM GZ
yD90NG.gif

Kazuhira

Sorry for derailing the thread but any news about Mexen?
Better times will come for you,hang in there buddy.

Not directly, but someone said earlier that his gaf profile said he was logged in three times today, so people are hoping for the best.

Thanks.

-Deimos

When they changed Kojipro from full time employees to contract workers, with their contracts running out in December.

Does that include Konami LA employees?

edit: Guess we're not entirely sure yet. The fact that they renamed it Konami LA makes me think they'll stick around for a while, plus they'll want to milk MGO through micro-transactions and dlc. I doubt it'll get abandoned after a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom