• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
2015-06-1203_19_16-gea5umu.png

Oh my god.

Screw this weekend hard. Monday is the best day.

brau

Kojima edited trailer eh? the hype is real! i really really hope it won't be spoilerish. but Kojima leaves me no choice. i have to watch it.

Holy crap, i just realized Goeff says its a 6 min trailer. i might try to resist and not watch it. that sounds like it will be spoilerish. ugh.

KOOOOOOOOOJIMA!

I think I'll wait till someone here watch it and tell us that there are no spoilers...
Fuck it, I'm going to watch it anyway.
A couple of times.
A day.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
I remember coming home from school and watching the MGS3 trailer every day until it released.

I didn't even know it existed until it released. Didn't really chase up stuff on the internet like nowadays. I was doing some window shopping with a buddy, just casually browsing the shelves when suddenly...

giphy.gif

...I think I let out a squee.

hwy_61

Banned
You guys,

It just dawned on me that TPP CE will truly be a collectors item, seeing that it's Kojima's last MGS. Goddamn it, I wish I ordered two of those.

Akiller

Kojima edited trailer eh? the hype is real! i really really hope it won't be spoilerish. but Kojima leaves me no choice. i have to watch it.

Holy crap, i just realized Goeff says its a 6 min trailer. i might try to resist and not watch it. that sounds like it will be spoilerish. ugh.

KOOOOOOOOOJIMA!

Yeah, we must resist brauther.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Yeah, we must resist brauther.

No you should watch the trailer, that's the least you can do. If you get spoiled then you get fucking spoiled but show some respect and watch Kojima's last MGS trailer the first time it's released.

:p

Houndi101

Anyway I don't feel like Kojima trailers really spoil stuff but more just hype me up even more
Also the man is always doing all kinds of switcheroos on his trailers so the stuff you see there might not even appear in game
Also I want to talk about it with you guys :3

thabtoUK

who knows?
Josh from Start Replay also references The Phantom Pain's
face-changing feature
in his video-preview:

http://youtu.be/hnJjcEz_FhQ?t=10m7s

"You can also change your character's face and style a little bit before each loadout, but... I was told this is more to do with Metal Gear Online, so you might be able to use your avatar in game... I'm not entirely sure how that will work".

So, is this another Phantom Pain preview that will also now have to be edited or deleted because of the
face-changing references
?

Sorry for the off topic but I guess someone could find my video a good thing to "do" while waiting the next E3 (btw I'll skip it completely in order to avoid any kind of spoilers before the 01/09/2015)

After 7 years from the release of MGS4, and after 3 from the shutting down of the MGO2 servers, I decided to share all the pictures taken during my gaming sessions (more than 1.500 hours) with the multiplayer online of Guns of the Patriots: if you played on the european server maybe you'll be able to spot your character in this video and if you're interested to have his original picture file send me a request, enjoy the feels ^^

Metal Gear Online 2 - Photo Album

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Sorry for the off topic but I guess someone could find my video a good thing to "do" while waiting the next E3 (btw I'll skip it completely in order to avoid any kind of spoilers before the 01/09/2015)

After 7 years from the release of MGS4, and after 3 from the shutting down of the MGO2 servers, I decided to share all the pictures taken during my gaming sessions (more than 1.500 hours) with the multiplayer online of Guns of the Patriots: if you played on the european server maybe you'll be able to spot your character in this video and if you're interested to have his original picture file send me a request, enjoy the feels ^^

Metal Gear Online: Photo Album - by Italian Joe

OOOO! I hope I'm in there somewhere.

That's totally on topic.

I remember my 13th birthday in 2005, I was walking past a gamestop with my friends and I saw MGS3 on the shelves.

I didn't know it was out, so I rang my mother and asked her did I have any birthday money left over but of course I didn't. I was 13 and not very good with money!

She went and bought it for me though, and my friends and I were absolutely ecstatic coming home with the game.

Guess what? There was no disc in the bloody box 😐😐

Surely put a dampener on a fantastic day lol. We went back the next day and got the disc, and I finished a few days after.

Then my ps2 decided to put a deep scratch in the disc. FML 😂

brau

I remember my 13th birthday in 2005, I was walking past a gamestop with my friends and I saw MGS3 on the shelves.

I didn't know it was out, so I rang my mother and asked her did I have any birthday money left over but of course I didn't. I was 13 and not very good with money!

She went and bought it for me though, and my friends and I were absolutely ecstatic coming home with the game.

Guess what? There was no disc in the bloody box 😐😐

Surely put a dampener on a fantastic day lol. We went back the next day and got the disc, and I finished a few days after.

Then my ps2 decided to put a deep scratch in the disc. FML 😂

LOL!!!!

Oh man... that sounds awful. I would be so upset. Rule of thumb. Always open games at the store.

Anyways.. i am glad you did get to enjoy such a great game.

Too bad MGS4 was such a let down.

If that first picture is in the hospital then... wat

That mirror smashing might just be him having an Adam Jensen moment,
but could also fuel some theoriesss.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
If that first picture is in the hospital then... wat

That mirror smashing might just be him having an Adam Jensen moment,
but could also fuel some theoriesss.

Identity seems to be a big theme. Mirrors seem quite apt symbolism for that.

A villain always goes back to his crime scene.

Have you seen the episode of Futurama where Bender gets a wooden body? I'm getting those vibes all of a sudden.

Maybe BB never left the hospital... maybe he killed everyone in there...

brau

Identity seems to be a big theme. Mirrors seem quite apt symbolism for that.

Have you seen the episode of Futurama where Bender gets a wooden body? I'm getting those vibes all of a sudden.

Maybe BB never left the hospital... maybe he killed everyone in there...

So he finds his military outfit in the hospital after 9 years? Sounds reasonable....but wait.. what about the horse chase with the whale? what about that eh? running around the grounds of the hosp?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom