• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.

SJRB

Gold Member
qqNun2u.png

http://twitter.com/Ken1555/status/610046178747641856

uItWRZG.png

http://twitter.com/Ken1555/status/610048987454812161

I always appreciate how polite he is on Twitter.

Å

Åesop

Unconfirmed Member
༼ つ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° ༽つ MGO gameplay only pls

Loakum

Banned
:(

Yooo since Jackie and Eyestone will be at E3 there is a high chance we'll not only just get a new MGSV trailer but also new gameplay presentation.

2015-06-1414_51_33-mexfu56.png

LIES AND PROPAGANDA!!! Kojima will be there! I can feel it! I have no facts supporting my claim, but it's an gut feeling. Kojima is gonna make an surprise epic entrance, to thunderous applause.

Something new?

PU (Dutch gaming magazine)
The Phantom Pain is een game die ook bijvoorbeeld opeens in survival-horror verandert wanneer de bovennatuurlijke soldaten genaamd de Skulls besluiten om jouw missies te dwarsbomen. Het is ook een game die er niet voor schuwt om jouw op Afrikaanse kindsoldaatjes te laten schieten, met alle gevolgen van dien. The Phantom Pain is een game die meer is dan een game; het is het eerste échte interactieve product die mijlenver verwijderd is van alles wat ik de vorige generaties heb mogen spelen. (Sorry, Bloodborne. Not even close.) The Phantom Pain voelt als iets uit de toekomst. En dan te bedenken dat ik er nog maar zestien uur van heb gespeeld en dat je met gemak tien keer zoveel tijd in het eindproduct kan steken als je alles gezien wilt hebben. Hideo Kojima, you lovable bastard, you; ik hou van je. Als de rest van The Phantom Pain net zo goed is als die eerste zestien uur, dan wordt het niet alleen Game of the Year, maar misschien zelfs één van de beste games allertijden. En nee, ik zeg dit volledig nuchter; de Jack Daniel’s is allang uit m’n systeem.

Translated by redlight5309 (Reddit)
"The Phantom Pain is a game that also, for example in survival horror suddenly changes when the supernatural soldiers called the Skulls decide to thwart your missions. It's also a game that is not for alerts to let your child soldiers in African shooting, with all its consequences. The Phantom Pain is a game that's more than a game; It's the first real interactive product which is far removed from anything I've allowed to play the previous generations. (Sorry, Blood Borne. Not even close .) The Phantom Pain feels like something from the future. And to think that I only have played sixteen hours and you can easily ten times as much time stabbing in the final product if you want to have seen everything. Hideo Kojima, you lovable bastard, you ; I love you. If the rest of The Phantom Pain is just as good as the first sixteen hours, then it is not only Game of the Year, but perhaps one of the best games of all time. And no, I say this completely sober; Jack Daniel's has long been out of my system."

My translation
"The Phantom Pain is a game that can also suddenly change in a survival horror game when the Skulls decide to thwart your missions. It is also a game that doesn't eschew to give you the opportunity to kill/attack African child soldiers and face the consequences. The Phantom Pain is more than a game; it is the first real interactive product which differentiates itself completely in a positive way from anything I've been able to play previous generations.(Sorry, Bloodborne. Not even close.) The Phantom Pain feels like something from the future. And to think that I have only played sixteen hours and that you can easily invest ten times as much time in the final product if you want to experience everything. Hideo Kojima, you lovable bastard, you; I love you. If the remaing part of the Phantom Pain is as good as the first sixteen hours, then it will not only become the Game of the Year, but perhaps one of the best games of all time. And I say this while being completeley sober."

Feel free to improve my translation, I have done my best but I may have done a sloppy job on translating some parts and fitting them into English context.

Chakra_Khan, great share, brother! I remember reading their analyses some time back. They really fucked with my mind. Dat TPP analysis in months to come is gonna be something.

I'm on the fence. I don't know what I'm supposed to feel. Lol

Yeah mang thanks. Good to see your doing alright. I find it pretty amazing how complete strangers on the internet can be so acceptant and supportive. Stick with us. Diamond Dogs take all kinds. You're a diamond in the rough, even if you don't realize it.

But yeah, that analysis really put things in perspective for mgs4. George Weidman, the super bunny hop guy, should give that analysis a read. I can only imagine the narrative depth that ttp is going to have. I honestly hope he channels Park Chan Wook considering vengeance is the theme of this one. If you're quoting Mark Twain in your trailers your already doing something right.

Rajang

Something new?

PU (Dutch gaming magazine)

Translated by redlight5309 (Reddit)

My translation

Feel free to improve my translation, I have done my best but I may have done a sloppy job on translating some parts and fitting them into English context.

Okay. The bit about the African child soldiers. So that is going to be an interactive thing?

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Okay. The bit about the African child soldiers. So that is going to be an interactive thing?

What if they're an enemy type out on the field? That could be the career-ending taboo Kojima was talking about (even if there are already games where you kill children).

EDIT: someone beat me to it in the other thread :D

Flunkie

Banned
Ok so I've been replaying Peace Walker lately (and re-falling in love with it) and it got me thinking... will there be coop in MGSV? Or do we know yet? I've been largely avoiding big MGSV news but it got me excited for what the future could hold.

Also if anyone wants to coop some Peace Walker I've been playing with some gaffers today. Game is so fun.

dat final boss

Ok so I've been replaying Peace Walker lately (and re-falling in love with it) and it got me thinking... will there be coop in MGSV? Or do we know yet? I've been largely avoiding big MGSV news but it got me excited for what the future could hold.

There's ways to interact with other players but they haven't confirmed co-op yet, I can't imagine they'll leave it until after e3 to say. What has been confirmed is visiting and infiltrating other player's bases, and some of the missions can be done with regular recruits instead of Snake if you want, which is a positive sign.

There's ways to interact with other players but they haven't confirmed co-op yet, I can't imagine they'll leave it until after e3 to say. What has been confirmed is visiting and infiltrating other player's bases, and some of the missions can be done with regular recruits instead of Snake if you want, which is a positive sign.

Really hope there is. Coop sneaking in a large map would be fantastic. Have one person distractions and have the other complete a goal. Or have one person snipe and cover the other from afar. Just the thought gets me giddy.

Å

Åesop

Unconfirmed Member
Whats the youtube channel for geoffs livestream? Does he have a Twitch stream too?

Rajang

Also if anyone wants to coop some Peace Walker I've been playing with some gaffers today. Game is so fun.

dat final boss

Yeah, that's exactly one of the annoucements I'm waiting for: coop for TPP. I loved that about Peace Walker.

And I would love to play some PW. Are you on PS3 or 360?

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Kojima just retweeted a random tweet from Garbage.

Maybe the new trailer will feature another garbage song?

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
Kojima just retweeted a random tweet from Garbage.

Maybe the new trailer will feature another garbage song?

That would be lovely depending on the song. It's a rare opinion from what I've seen but my best friend and I still love the "Not Your Kind of People" video the most.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom