• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mexen

Yes u did i have prove

YEmrJPl.jpg

dying over here! Damnit LD! hahaha

psst...you call that proof? *shrugs*

#TeamA 4Lyfe!

Pay no heed to the heathens. They need fulton recovery to TeamA Base!

Kindekuma

Banned
I didn't buy the "credits" leak at all. Way too blurry, font sharpness doesn't match at all, clear line across the top of the monitor that shows where the mask was made. Font was scaled up with obvious artifacts.

0.05/10 on the ruse-o-meter. Try hard and apply yourself next time. Sn4ke should come out of hiding. Also SHAME on you Dawg, for even PM'ing me that in the first place. BAD DAWG.

hwy_61

Banned
I've managed to grab CEs of other games on or post release, but never in a store. Sometimes Amazon gets a few in stock later.

If you really want the CE you should pre order it.

I have it preordered from Amazon. I was just thinking maybe I don't want to wait for ups to show up late in the day, and instead I'll just pick it up from a best buy as soon as they open.

I've done it before, but I don't see this game getting a CE retail release-- couldn't even pre-order it locally!

Thanks for the anecdotes guys!

Loakum

Banned
credits leak? what have MGS-Gaf been up to while I was away? On second thought....I don't want to know. *quietly walks away*

Kindekuma

Banned
JbZnSEj.png

I've even run the photo through a forensic analysis. See the contrasting content betwee the location of the text and the background? If that were a natural untouched photo, there wouldn't be such clear outlines at all, probably non-existent in that image too.

Fake as fake can get.

Kindekuma

Banned
s9mIVLd.png

Anything that's "leaked" from now until release will get this seal. Believe in NOTHING unless the actual game has broke street date and then details came after. But now, remain skeptical about anything and everything that doesn't come from Konami's or Kojima's mouth.

Houndi101

Pointy Helmets in GZ on PS4 convinced me to wait for the PC release for that true Kojima vision

As long as the microtransactions aren't total bull, if they are then i'm buying it from the 2017 Steam summer sale for 5 bucks

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
Team B is copping out imo. There is no doubt Solid Snake will be in this game, but that's not enough. Y'all need to aspire higher than this.
Add some madness. Who knows, it might be true.

Kindekuma

Banned
Pointy Helmets in GZ on PS4 convinced me to wait for the PC release for that true Kojima vision

As long as the microtransactions aren't total bull, if they are then i'm buying it from the 2017 Steam summer sale for 5 bucks

KJP said that MT exists for people who can't put as much time into the game unlike others. Every player can unlock everything in the game via in game means. No pay to win.

Houndi101

KJP said that MT exists for people who can't put as much time into the game unlike others. Every player can unlock everything in the game via in game means. No pay to win.
No pay to win but grind super long or pay 1.99 to complete instantly and wreck everyones shit who's still waiting

In the worst case.

Mumford

Is it too late to join Team B? I feel like Hayter's "suffering" really is being prolonged in this case. The fact that the Japanese VA remains the same says it all. Also, I honestly think that in theory Keifer as Snake in TPP was a really good idea, so I'm disappointed to hear that he turns in a disappointing performance apparently. I think he had a lot of potential in that role.

Vally

I want to join #TeamB!

Is it too late to join Team B? I feel like Hayter's "suffering" really is being prolonged in this case. The fact that the Japanese VA remains the same says it all. Also, I honestly think that in theory Keifer as Snake in TPP was a really good idea, so I'm disappointed to hear that he turns in a disappointing performance apparently. I think he had a lot of potential in that role.

Added

I want to be added to Team A one more time.

Team A 4 LIFE!

Again?! Team A is already packed enough :p

Kojima gets fired from Konami, Hayter tells Kojima to go fuck himself.
It's a part of The Big Plan. It's just a ruse. Dawg's picture was true.

#TeamY

Nvzman

I don't give a single shit. I'm still #TeamA, because as far as I'm concerned they could get Hayter to do voice work at the last possible second to surprise him.

realcZk

I don't give a single shit. I'm still #TeamA, because as far as I'm concerned they could get Hayter to do voice work at the last possible second to surprise him.

We could always start a kickstarter to have Hayter redo the lines for PC and mod them in...

:)

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
Hayter clearly implies that if konami want him back he will come back because kojimas isn't making the decisions anymore. And konami will. He is not as expensive as kiefer, and they need goodwill after what happened with kojima and konami.

I'm starting to think I should leave #TeamA...
:^(
Actually, the fact that the Japanese VA is the same doesn't say much because Akio Otsuka (Japanese va for snake) also voiced solidus, while in the English dub, hayter didn't voice solidus, John cygan did. Otsuka is a better VA than Hayter. I'm not trying to say that this means Hayter is in MGSV, but I think it's worth mentioning that Otsuka having a role doesn't mean hayter will too.
Also about his "disappointing performance," I wouldn't put too much stock into that. Some previewers say he's good, others say he's bad. Some fans say he's good, some say he's bad/"phoning in". It's gonna stay like that forever, even after the game releases. No ones gonna change their mind. So just wait and see for yourself what you think of his performance (I think he was good in GZ's tapes, where he says more than just one-liners.)
We could always start a kickstarter to have Hayter redo the lines for PC and mod them in...

:)
Hayter said he'd never do this.

Speaking of which, has there been any explanation as to why DD is a wolf and not a Rhodesian Ridgeback?

Because that'd be too obvious. Decisions like that are indicative of an eccentric director. There may not even be a reason. Last minute changes occur all the time. Such as Ocelot adopting a twang mid development. Or kaz selling out to product placement thus abandoning his signature sunglasses. Where all all the 80's quafs and sunglasses?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom