• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
This world will become one. I have found the way: Race, tribal affiliations, national borders, even our faces will be irrelevant. The world that the Boss envisioned will finally become a reality, and it will make mankind whole again.

This is such a fantastic line. Whoever is the actor delivering it, is top notch.

Mexen

GJ for being gullible guys!

VMYnyxK.gif

Stay safe MGSGAF

lmao

Edit: doz lightning posts, brothers! Heh!

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
Have they confirmed where in Africa you will be doing missions?
I always find it odd when people say 'Africa, and Afghanistan'.
Africa is a continent of 50 countries.

Mexen

I wonder if Kojima can make me uncomfortable playing as Big Boss in some point in the game.

Seems likely. We've come to know BB a certain way and have adopted his methods in our gameplay. All that is bound to change in TPP.
I once said that there's a chance, as the game progresses, it'll be harder and harder to remain stealthy and non-lethal because the game will eventually make you a demon.

Have they confirmed where in Africa you will be doing missions?
I always find it odd when people say 'Africa, and Afghanistan'.
Africa is a continent of 50 countries.

Angola-Zaire (DRC) region, I believe. I have to confirm but I remember reading that some baddies spoke Afrikaans so either South Africa shows up as well or South African enemies show up in the aforementioned region.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Playing GZ last night, I noticed a line from Kaz that I'd missed before. It seems to spell out one of the key themes we'll see in TPP. Kaz talks about how the rain reminds him of the night he and BB met Paz and he asks the question: "Which was the real Paz?" He says something like: was it the sweet, innocent girl or the treacherous harpy with a Class B Metal Gear licence?

That sort of foreshadowing is probably partly why a lot of folks like PythonSelkan sense Big Boss' identity is up for dispute. Is the real Big Boss the idealistic soldier we've seen since MGS3, the grizzled icon of PW, the behorned, revenge-seeking nutter in TPP, or the violent, deceptive anarchist of MG and MG2? When you strip everything away, who is the real Big Boss?

nohesnotfackin'grayfackin'foxsweetjeezushavmercy

Following on from that, is anyone else getting the impression that BB might suffer from some kind of schizophrenia or dissociative disorder, one that perhaps isn't so much caused by his accident rather than brought out by it? If that's the case, maybe when he's cloned he passes similar mental issues onto Liquid. It'd go some way to explaining why we appear to see
two Liquids at the end of the last trailer. He got the cray-cray genes from the old man

Yeah, I'm info starved. So what? :D

Shy

I think Paz is a clone.
The result of a project that zero used to test the viability of what would become "l'enfant terrible"

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
I think Paz is a clone.
The result of a project that zero used to test the viability of what would become "l'enfant terrible"

I imagine that's more likely to be
Quiet and The Skulls
. I think Paz is a flashback/hallucination, personally.

Skullface

I think Paz is a clone.

I've seriously been considering the possibility of Zadornov being connected to Skull Face on the genetic level. I feel like they must be connected somehow. Their character design is just way too similar, though I'm very certain they aren't the same character. There's also an interesting fact that was pointed out to me on /mgg/. There are these helmet wearing armored troops that heavily resemble XOF, down to the gun, soldiers that appear as back up in a single mission: one of the Zadornov escape missions. In fact, I had never encountered them because I'm pretty OP by that point in the game. It's kind of difficult to get caught. I'll try and find a picture.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member

Just messing with you, man.

Look at it like this, what if it is a flashback, right? He sees her sitting there in the medical bay and she's just like she was back then.

As Boss watches, things about her start to change: scars start to appear, her school clothes become an orange boiler suit, her hair falls out, her gut cuts open of its own accord. This isn't what he remembers. She turns to him, says "There is... another..." and she explodes in brilliant light.

Kaz's hand reaches for Big Boss' shoulder. "Hey, you okay, Boss? You look kind of pale."

Boss shakes his head. "Yesh, it's nufing." he says, "I'll surfyfe."

Then they kiss.

I've seriously been considering the possibility of Zadornov being connected to Skull Face on the genetic level. I feel like they must be connected somehow. Their character design is just way too similar, though I'm very certain they aren't the same character.

I dunno, that trenchcoat look is one that's a staple of the series. Like, everyone in Liquid's FOXHOUND wore them at some point.

Look at it like this, what if it is a flashback, right? He sees her sitting there in the medical bay and she's just like she was back then.

As Boss watches, things about her start to change: scars start to appear, her school clothes become an orange boiler suit, her hair falls out, her gut cuts open of its own accord. This isn't what he remembers. She turns to him, says "There is... another..." and she explodes in brilliant light.

Kaz's hand reaches for Big Boss' shoulder. "Hey, you okay, Boss? You look kind of pale."

Then they kiss.

Seems legit. Honestly, I don't really care what it is. When it releases, I won't theorize stuff, I will just consume and love it.

The trailers whole purpose was to fuck with us, maybe this is all a ruse and not even in the game.

Also, why is Big Boss wearing the dark knight returns suit ? Big Boss = Bruce Wayne confirmed ?

Skullface

Then they kiss.

I dunno, that trenchcoat look is one that's a staple of the series. Like, everyone in Liquid's FOXHOUND wore them at some point.

Check it Meat:
1435716317870.jpg

Isn't it incredible that these guys only show in one mission? One that centers around Zadornov to boot. I'm going to have to play through the find Zadornov missions to make sure I haven't been trolled, because I seriously have never encountered these guys in any play through.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Check it Meat:
1435716317870.jpg

Isn't it incredible that these guys only show in one mission? One that centers around Zadornov to boot. I'm going to have to play through the find Zadornov missions to make sure I haven't been trolled, because I seriously have never encountered these guys in any play through.

Oooo, that is interesting. They look cool, too.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
What if Zadornov is Skullface? Wasnt it confirmed Skullface was from Hungary, which was part of Soviet Russia?

Zadornov had a prosthetic limb and a Russian accent. Literally the only thing between them that is directly comparable is their choice in coats and guards.

Skullface

What if Zadornov is Skullface? Wasnt it confirmed Skullface was from Hungary, which was part of Soviet Russia?

I kind of doubt it. Zadornov was killed and missing an arm. I know Skull Face wears gloves and what not so you could argue he has a hidden prosthesis. However, I think his hand movements are too organic. His fingers aren't blocky like in the bionic hands we've seen so far. Plus, don't Skull Face and Big Boss go way back? I doubt he's referring to a few months ago during the Peace Walker incident. I do think there's a connection between the two characters though.

Not to mention, Skull Face is
Python
😏

Zadornov had a prosthetic limb and a Russian accent. Literally the only thing between them that is directly comparable is their choice in coats and guards.

The guards could have possibly been sent by Zero to aid Paz in her efforts to help Zadornov escape

Surely a spotify playlist would be best since everyone is playing on PS4?
image.php

OldLogos (that's a radical avatar BTW) will make a Spotify list and not everyone will play TPP on PS4.
There are also other platforms you know, like: XONE, X360, PS3 and PC.

Everyone has a PC and know how to use YT and not everyone uses Spotify.
So at the moment: YouTube list > Spotify list.

I just want to check in and say, through the development of TPP I've been quite cynical and skeptical of the direction it was going in. Mostly due to the way they're handling story (although I totally trust Kojima to deliver now), but I had some gameplay reservations too after playing GZ and getting irritated by it.

But I didn't give GZ a fair crack at the whip, not at all. Over the past two weeks I've been playing it a ton and fallen in love with it. So now I believe.

TPP is going to be the best game of all time. Kojima the god.

Skullface

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Check it Meat:
1435716317870.jpg

Which mission do these boys show up on, Skullface?

OldLogos

Banned
There you go :)
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzh-qy3DrvMshnfwUYWuIWLWEeh9fGF7m

Please, add your songs at the end of the doc everybody, to make expanding the YT playlist easier.

Thanks for making the playlist - collaboration FTW

edit:
image.php

OldLogos (that's a radical avatar BTW) will make a Spotify list and not everyone will play TPP on PS4.
There are also other platforms you know, like: XONE, X360, PS3 and PC.

Everyone has a PC and know how to use YT and not everyone uses Spotify.
So at the moment: YouTube list > Spotify list.

Yeah I'll get around to it. Swamped at work atm though.

Props to Brau on the avatar wizardry.

Skullface

Which mission do these boys show up on, Skullface?

Zadornov 1 I believe. I'm also told they show up in the mission to rescue Chico from the CIA! When you have to check the blue doors. Woah man, I've got to confirm this but I'm at work. Apparently they show up as backup. Can anyone confirm this?!

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Zadornov 1 I believe. I'm also told they show up in the mission to rescue Chico from the CIA! When you have to check the blue doors. Woah man, I've got to confirm this but I'm at work. Apparently they show up as backup. Can anyone confirm this?!

I'll check it out tonight.

Did you say there was a thread on Reddit about it...? Could you hook me up? I tried Google... no luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom