• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hypron

Glad you enjoyed it.

Can't wait to read your PW impressions.

I'll definitely post them once I'm done with the game! I played the first mission last night (so <5 minutes of actual gameplay haha) and I think I'll need a bit of time to adjust to the way it's structured.

Crazy! Having to complete it 8 times for the plat is mental. I rebought it on PSN last night for like £6.50 so will play through it again before TPP comes out. Not sure I'll go for the plat though.

The Platinum is actually not that bad. 6 of the 8 playthroughs you need to do can be rushed in ~3 hours each (although, I'd recommend to do the Tarantula/Assassin run the legit way, it's pretty fun to just sneak up on and assassinate everyone). The Big Boss Emblem playthrough is actually a lot of fun and I'd really recommend doing it. I did follow this guide. The guy is trying way too hard to be funny but he explain things well and some of his techniques are really rewarding to pull off.

The worst thing about it is the Chicken run though. It's terrible. You need to leave your console on for like 35 hours to get it and farm lots of silly emblems.

Vally

This dude on reddit does nothing but pump out MGS x KFC pics lol

9zozJfN.jpg

rkaIIgo.jpg

6K8oexm.jpg

Vally

Awesome!

By the way, what are all your PSN names? MGSV isn't the only thing coming in 2 months, MGO is on its way too and it'd be an honour to play with you all :)

There's a spreadsheet with all our PSN names; quote this post to reveal the link and feel free to add your info too

Auctopus

"Konami wouldn't answer questions about something that's none of my business and irrelevant to an interview about a game's features and mechanics so I've decided their CEO is only in it for the money and they're making bad business decisions based off internet rumours and Twitter. I also don't care if they blacklist me because I intentionally disobeyed their requests and asked questions that they said they weren't going to talk about with a PR/Community Manager who was prepped to answer questions pertaining only to the game."

Rajang

LOL at those interviews with Angry Joe.

"We love the franchise"

Angry Joe cares about the franchise huh. The only MGS game he played.. he gave a 5.. now Joe is a fan of MGS. :') Riiight.

Rajang

I've only ever played 1 upto the part with the changing keycard,
and also TFP

I have the HD pack but that doesn't have 1.

Any recommendations of what I should play? or just wait for V?

Finish the games in order of release: 1,2,3,4, PW, GZ. You've got plenty of time. The games are not overly long either. MGS1 for example is only a 10-12 hour game.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
So apparently Konami hired this marketing/research company called Blicx to make them a survey on MGSV and how people feel about the game. I was going through the survey until I came across the following question and couldn't help but laugh.

http://i.imgur.com/ZnfQLa6.png?1

EDIT: Link to survey: http://mobilesurvey.blicx.com/?

CONFUSED, SAD, DISSATISFIED AND ANGRY

Edit: Oh you can only choose one well then i go with "Angry" because of how they treat Kojima.

Sn4ke_911

I like this already.

2015-07-0115_42_12-meo4jv7.png

Edit:

Done, well that was pretty fun.

Sn4ke_911

Hey guysh, lets make this 1975-1984 playlist a thing. Quote this post to get the link.

Well i'm a late 80s kid (1987) so i don't really know much about 80s music but from what i've heard i really like "Diamonds and Rust" and "Africa" from Toto.

OldLogos

Banned
Excited to watch this list grow. Would also be nice if we had a youtube playlist link for these eventually :D

I use Spotify premium almost exclusively for music, so i was definitely going to make a playlist on there once the list grows a bit.

But if everyone keeps posting youtube links to the songs it'd be super easy to make a youtube playlist too.

Well i'm a late 80s kid (1987) so i don't really know much about 80s music but from what i've heard i really like "Diamonds and Rust" and "Africa" from Toto.

Me too. I'm '89 but that doesn't stop me from gettin down to some Hall and Oates. (Just watched the E3 gameplay video and was pleasantly surprised Hall and Oates "Maneater" was in the game. Maybe the lyrics of "Out of Touch" are too on the nose.)

Hey guysh, lets make this 1975-1984 playlist a thing. Quote this post to get the link.

https://youtu.be/tdq-Pn6xPBE

Posted this one before and I'll post it again. I'd say this one fits for so many reasons. For one, its about espionage. Another is because ryuichi (with the yellow magic Orchestra more so) was highly influential to the progression of video game music. Montage music for snake post coma as coached by Ocelot.

OldLogos

Banned
https://youtu.be/tdq-Pn6xPBE

Posted this one before and I'll post it again. I'd say this one fits for so many reasons. For one, its about espionage. Another is because ryuichi (with the yellow magic Orchestra more so) was highly influential to the progression of video game music. Montage music for snake post coma as coached by Ocelot.

Sounds great, unfortunately youtube is telling me it was released in 86.

Sushigod7

So apparently Konami hired this marketing/research company called Blicx to make them a survey on MGSV and how people feel about the game. I was going through the survey until I came across the following question and couldn't help but laugh.

http://i.imgur.com/ZnfQLa6.png?1

EDIT: Link to survey http://goo.gl/rSXs1G

Just took it and laughed at that one too. I marked Angry of course. I also sang Kojima praises when I could actually type something.

OldLogos

Banned
That song list needed a little more rock.

Agreed. More hip hop, too. Unfortunately 1985 is sort of the year hip hop blew up and started to evolve from the Disco-esque styles of Afrika Bambataa, Man Parrish and Newcleus into the more contemporary sample and drum machine beats style like MC Shan's The Bridge, Eric B & Rakim, Slick Rick & Doug E Fresh, Schooly D (Personal Favorite)

Then again, 1984 is a pretty significant year in hip hop because it marks the year the first hip hop album was released - Run D.M.C. - and their sound was much closer to rock at the time then what was then 'hip-hop.'

Dis3ngag3d

Unconfirmed Member
Agreed. More hip hop, too. Unfortunately 1985 is sort of the year hip hop blew up and started to evolve from the Disco-esque styles of Afrika Bambataa, Man Parrish and Newcleus into the more contemporary sample and drum machine beats style like MC Shan's The Bridge, Eric B & Rakim, Slick Rick & Doug E Fresh, Schooly D (Personal Favorite)

Then again, 1984 is a pretty significant year in hip hop because it marks the year the first hip hop album was released - Run D.M.C. - and their sound was much closer to rock at the time then what was then 'hip-hop.'

Hah! You're not kidding. I was looking through Hip Hop stuff too because I couldn't think of many things from the 70s into the early 80s. Forgot about Run D.M.C.

We could always throw Beat It on there. Haha. Oh man I just saw that Power of Love came out in 85.

OldLogos

Banned
Hah! You're not kidding. I was looking through Hip Hop stuff too because I couldn't think of many things from the 70s into the early 80s. Forgot about Run D.M.C.

We could always throw Beat It on there. Haha. Oh man I just saw that Power of Love came out in 85.

Most of Michael Jackson's best stuff could be on this playlist.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Whoops. Double post.

Most of Michael Jackson's best stuff could be on this playlist.

Any and all Joy Division will be covered. New Dawn Fades is a particular favourite.

EDIT: Ooo, I just thought! Search & Destroy came out in '73. Does that count?

Best opening lyric eva:

"I'M A STREET WALKING CHEETAH WITH A HEART FULL OF NAAAAYYYYYPAAAAALM!"

Although it was out in '69, I Wanna Be Your Dog has to be on there. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom