• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrMatt555

Yeah no thanks, I had to stop after 10 minutes. It's so hard for me to listen to Leo, that guy takes forever to say what he actually wants to say. Also over analyzing the most obvious shit like Big Boss walking... they didn't even figured out it was BB who was walking in the beginning.

Both Leo and Threedogg are not sure if this is Big Boss.

2015-07-0501_02_03-le61ubr.png

I'm out.

Yeah my post was a bit premature. After the first 15 mins i was falling asleep. lol

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Yeah my post was a bit premature. After the first 15 mins i was falling asleep. lol

Yeah, also a 2 hours video for a 6 minute trailer is just too much.

All the YongYea haters should take a look at this video, maybe then they will appreciate Yong's hard work, because his videos are way more entertaining and fun to watch.

Yoooong out.

Yeah no thanks, I had to stop after 10 minutes. It's so hard for me to listen to Leo, that guy takes forever to say what he actually wants to say.

It's because Leo was a bit behind the stream that Threedogg was on, hence the delay in response.

Anyway, interesting stuff from them. It's an off-the-cuff conversation on a stream, so obviously it's gonna be long.

Kindekuma

Banned
I'm back guys :D
I guess I should avoid "derailing" threads in future -_-

Welcome back! Many previously banned members are returning too, feels kinda nice. Its almost like when in PW, sending your troops to Outer Ops and s/he returns injured and has to stay in Sick Bay for a while.

My MGS Legacy Collection disc isn't being read by my PS3 anymore.

I was finishing up my playthrough of 2, but the game froze during a cutscene and had an icon indicating it couldn't find the disc. I ended up having to restart because the game had totally locked up. I ejected the disc, reinserted, but it isn't popping up to access on the menu anymore. I tried other discs, thinking my bluray drive died, but they all read. Any idea what is going on or what I could do in this situation?

edit: Nevermind, I guess it is a bluray drive problem. It reads dvds, but it won't read game blurays. Well, great. : \

Kazuhira

Oh,i finally understood this scene,you can see that the right side of snake´s body is missing his clothes,it´s the same effect when quiet is using her powers.
Those "zombie" soldiers are suffering the same symptoms,their invisibility powers let us see beneath their clothes and skin("Hollow Man" reference maybe haha)
DPcn6qv.jpg

Kindekuma

Banned
Oh,i finally understood this scene,you can see that the right side of snake´s body is missing his clothes,it´s the same effect when quiet is using her powers.
Those "zombie" soldiers are suffering the same symptoms,their invisibility powers let us see beneath their clothes and skin("Hollow Man" reference maybe haha)
DPcn6qv.jpg

Are you sure Snake isn't just using Naked Camo during that cutscene?

Yeah, it's a big step backwards.
Do we know if TPP has different states of damage for soldiers. ?
I also wonder about transitioning from prone to hanging when you are near a ledge. Why can't I do that in GZ? Why can't I lean over a ledge when aiming? I hope these things were added to TPP but has anyone noticed in any of the gameplay vids?

Shy

I also wonder about transitioning from prone to hanging when you are near a ledge. Why can't I do that in GZ? Why can't I lean over a ledge when aiming? I hope these things were added to TPP but has anyone noticed in any of the gameplay vids?
Hmm. Good question.

Yeah, I was gonna say this until I realised we don't know when exactly TLG is releasing and frankly, I want to experience TPP on PS4 as soon as possible.

I'll play TPP on PS4 someday but for me there is no hurry. I have tons of PS3 games to finish and buying PS4 before TLG would make no sense for me.
Also a platinum in TPP will take some time.

Anth0ny

Random question:

Can you guys recommend any cool, English language Metal Gear Solid books or magazines? I remember around the launch of MGS4 I picked up this:

It went over the history of the franchise, complete with interviews with Kojima and the staff from the various games, chock full of gorgeous Shinkawa art, Kojima's various inspirations for the franchise, and much more. It did a good job catching me back up with the MGS franchise, and I'd like to read something similar going into MGSV :)

After a bit of digging, I found this, which sounds like exactly what I want:

oEigvd8.jpg

What’s in it?

The 50 greatest moments in MGS history – as nominated by the Golden Joystick audience
The complete MGS anthology – archive reviews, director insight, full game catalogue
The Evolution of Snake – a visual history of the most iconic action hero in video-games
48 hours inside MGSV – an unrivaled hands-on with Kojima's latest action epic
The ruse cruise: How MGS's marketing destroyed everyone's sense of reality

It's hardcover too. Sounds pretty cool, what does MGS-GAF think?

But yeah, I figured I'd ask you guys in case there's some awesome guide book that I missed. Thanks!

Rajang

After a bit of digging, I found this, which sounds like exactly what I want:

oEigvd8.jpg

It's hardcover too. Sounds pretty cool, what does MGS-GAF think?

But yeah, I figured I'd ask you guys in case there's some awesome guide book that I missed. Thanks!

I have that book ordered as well, can't wait.

Other than that, I'm not really into collecting books or magazines. I am planning to buy the TPP guide though, which has 400 pages and Shinkawa art.

Awesome. Will definitely tune in.

Anth0ny

I have that book ordered as well, can't wait.

Other than that, I'm not really into collecting books or magazines. I am planning to buy the TPP guide though, which has 400 pages and Shinkawa art.

Yeah, that guide looks too good. I'll be picking it up for sure.

I wish they released some of those art books in the West. Importing is expensive and, of course, lots of stuff is left untranslated :(

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Yeah, that guide looks too good. I'll be picking it up for sure.

I wish they released some of those art books in the West. Importing is expensive and, of course, lots of stuff is left untranslated :(

There is a MGSV art book coming.

2015-07-0417_35_51-twvbu9d.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom