• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anth0ny

There is a MGSV art book coming.

2015-07-0417_35_51-twvbu9d.png

yesssssssssssssss

Random question:

Can you guys recommend any cool, English language Metal Gear Solid books or magazines? I remember around the launch of MGS4 I picked up this:

It went over the history of the franchise, complete with interviews with Kojima and the staff from the various games, chock full of gorgeous Shinkawa art, Kojima's various inspirations for the franchise, and much more. It did a good job catching me back up with the MGS franchise, and I'd like to read something similar going into MGSV :)

After a bit of digging, I found this, which sounds like exactly what I want:

oEigvd8.jpg

It's hardcover too. Sounds pretty cool, what does MGS-GAF think?

But yeah, I figured I'd ask you guys in case there's some awesome guide book that I missed. Thanks!
I still have that mgs4 playsation magazine special.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
why does vamp and raiden have so much homoerotic subtext in mgs4 i still dont get it

Anth0ny

that feel when I have a MGSV pre-order for $39.99 but won't be able to play that shit the second it goes live on PSN at midnight on launch day ; _ ;

that feel when I have a MGSV pre-order for $39.99 but won't be able to play that shit the second it goes live on PSN at midnight on launch day ; _ ;

It's okay, I may not be playing until a day or two after since I did that whole in store preorder for a CE.

Then again, it's a bit early and that could(and I pray to GOD is) a placeholder delivery date and everything will ship early so that I can pick up my copy on time or ahead of time.

I'm hoping that they get it in so that I can either pick it up Monday Evening at 10pm(digital unlock time here), like they've been doing lately at the usual store I go to. The manager mentioned that if it does get there early she might be able to let me have it since it was a .com order and it would technically be in my hands early if it ships early.

Then she went on to assuage my fears of not having it on release day but we'll see... I really hope I don't have to wait a couple more days past the release day.

Sushigod7

There is a MGSV art book coming.

2015-07-0417_35_51-twvbu9d.png

Oh hell yeah can't wait. This is going to be the most expensive launch of a game ever.

Collectors Edition Game (the US version)
CE - Guide
Hori DD Headset
Art Book
If PS4 edition launches in the US considering trading in old PS4 for it.
Half Scale Rex (launch in October)

Shy

When though? I cannae see it anywhere!
That's what nitroid said during the stream yesterday with leo. Apparently that comes from ken's twitter, when people ask him about it.

EDIT: i see i misunderstood your question, sorry.
I don't know a date yet though. And i don't who will have it (probably game :_:)

Seeing Kaz's glasses being changed in GZ scenes of 2015 trailer to the MGSV line of JF Rey lead me to believe GZ mission is included in TPP. I don't know if it was brought up here but people in chat seemed surprised so figured I should.

Venom Fox

Banned
Seeing Kaz's glasses being changed in GZ scenes of 2015 trailer to the MGSV line of JF Rey lead me to believe GZ mission is included in TPP. I don't know if it was brought up here but people in chat seemed surprised so figured I should.
Wouldn't that be a big old, mighty slap in the face for us chaps that bought GZ at release?

That'd be a kind of dick move if they did that, if they do, I think we should be discounted the price we paid for GZ from TPP.

Wouldn't that be a big old, mighty slap in the face for us chaps that bought GZ at release?

That'd be a kind of dick move if they did that, if they do, I think we should be discounted the price we paid for GZ from TPP.

Nah, not really as far as I'm concerned. Besides, I was specifically referring to the main mission! So, yeah, if they included all the Side Ops then yeah, I can see why people would be upset, but I was simply suggesting that it is only the main mission. Besides, GZ players get to visit Omega, so I wonder what we can do there...

Haven't they stated numerous times that it will not be included with TPP?

Haven't they stated numerous times that it will not be included with TPP?

The game as a whole, sure, but they also talked about it as the entire package and not just a single mission in almost every interview. I just don't get why they would go back and edit something like that if they didn't have a better use for it. He could have easily shown the original sunglasses and no one would have really cared.

Hi Outer-GAF, I have a question for the experienced guys in here. So due to some stupidity from me, I've been juniored lol. How many years will I expect this to last?

CivRab

Hi Outer-GAF, I have a question for the experienced guys in here. So due to some stupidity from me, I've been juniored lol. How many years will I expect this to last?

Think it depends what you've been junior-ed for, although I still have no clue how the system works.

MajorTom

I've been juniored for creating a rate my look thread (At least I think so). Guess I'll have to get comfortable with it I guess.
A mod once said that if you are good for like 6 months (no bans or warnings) then you might be upped to a member again if you send them a very polite PM.
Dunno if he was serious or if that applies to all mods.

zychi

Banned
Get on my level gcu at best buy is amazing if they actually fulfill my preorder.

Preordered on psn for $45 with on sale psn cards for that midnight gameplay

Preordered ps4 ce to keep sealed($80)
Preordered ps4 ce to open($80)
Preordered guide ($30 on amazon)
Buying pc version of steam at a price to be labeled later.

NCell

What scenes are you talking about?

Venom Fox

Banned
Nah, not really as far as I'm concerned. Besides, I was specifically referring to the main mission! So, yeah, if they included all the Side Ops then yeah, I can see why people would be upset, but I was simply suggesting that it is only the main mission. Besides, GZ players get to visit Omega, so I wonder what we can do there...
You know what, I misspoke earlier, I realise that GZ is free on PS Plus so it kinda does make sense to include it in TPP.
Even more so if GWG on Xbox get it for free as well.

Yeah, I've often wondered what we are going to do when we return to Camp Omega?
Maybe that's what they meant, we can return to play the GZ mission?
Although the scenes from the red band trailer are scenes that we didn't see in GZ, so maybe Skullface uses it as his private torture compound or something and Big Boss accompanies him there?

I don't know, but I'm really fucking excited for this game.

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
Anyone know what happened to that Konami guy who used to post here?
He was always a nice source of info for stuff that needed confirmation.

You can barely see his glasses, let alone tell if they're different.

Rajang

Well, GZ is going to be in TPP in some form. It has already been confirmed that we will be able return to Camp Omega (if you have a GZ save).

“People who own GZ will be able to play a different mission(s) at Camp Omega in TPP. That’s the current plan. There’s something of a big feature involved. It’s never been done in the games industry before. So I can’t go into detail about it, but I think when you experience it for yourselves you’ll be surprised. It’s something that’s only possible through video games.”

JunkerHQ: 1 2 3

YomommaZ

why does vamp and raiden have so much homoerotic subtext in mgs4 i still dont get it

Because they didn't invent gay suppressing nanomachines.

I just checked that MGN stream and yeah... Not even close to OHN/uKnighted. There was this one idiot in chat that was ruining the whole channel.

Woffls

So I bought the Legacy Collection, but it's an NA copy and I can't redeem the code for MGS1 on my EU PSN account. I already have the game on another PSN account, so I have no use for the code.

It's a shot in the dark, but is there anyone out there who would want to swap it for an MGS1 EU code? If not, I'll either try the B/S/T thread, or give it away here and hope someone has a spare :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom