• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I bought the Legacy Collection, but it's an NA copy and I can't redeem the code for MGS1 on my EU PSN account. I already have the game on another PSN account, so I have no use for the code.

It's a shot in the dark, but is there anyone out there who would want to swap it for an MGS1 EU code? If not, I'll either try the B/S/T thread, or give it away here and hope someone has a spare :)

You could just make an US account and play with your EU account, should work on PS3.

Anth0ny

Get on my level gcu at best buy is amazing if they actually fulfill my preorder.

Preordered on psn for $45 with on sale psn cards for that midnight gameplay

Preordered ps4 ce to keep sealed($80)
Preordered ps4 ce to open($80)
Preordered guide ($30 on amazon)
Buying pc version of steam at a price to be labeled later.

I was gonna import a Japanese CE for $100, but realized the Japanese MGS4 CE is readily available on ebay for like half its retail price, so I'll probably just wait for the price to go down on that. The steelbook is too nice.

I wish the NA CE didn't come with so much junk. I don't have space for that crap. The MGS4 CE was perfection <3

mgs4_le_ps3_brd10paodm.jpg

Still have one sealed, too!

Woffls

You could just make an US account and play with your EU account, should work on PS3.
Yeah I've already got the game on my old EU PSN account, but I want a copy linked to my new EU PSN account.... unless there are literally no disadvantages to just having both accounts on the same system?

I'm slightly concerned that this might not be the case on PS4 if it ever gets PS1 emulation, and that I'd need to sign in on that account to play it. But that's entirely speculative.

SolidSnake305

Neo Member
Get on my level gcu at best buy is amazing if they actually fulfill my preorder.
Preordered on psn for $45 with on sale psn cards for that midnight gameplay

Preordered ps4 ce to keep sealed($80)
Preordered ps4 ce to open($80)
Preordered guide ($30 on amazon)
Buying pc version of steam at a price to be labeled later.

This is what I have pre-ordered so far, still considering the Limited Edition PS4 and haven't decided what to do about midnight play.

PS4 CE to open
PS4 CE to leave sealed
PS4 JPN Premium Package to leave sealed
Xbone JPN Premium Package to open
The Offical guide
The Official Soundtrack
The Hori Headset
The Man on Fire(Volgin) figure
The Venom Snake Sneaking suit figure
Plus I will get the PC version for the modding that will ensue and the Steel Art book for NA once it is listed.

I can't wait....

SJRB

Gold Member
56 days to fun. I've got a cigar I'm saving for the day, and I'm gonna buy a drink and go all out lol.

What would you folks recommend?

I'm skipping my summer holiday at work and instead taking the first two weeks of September off.

It's going to be GLORIOUS.

Kindekuma

Banned
This is what I have pre-ordered so far, still considering the Limited Edition PS4 and haven't decided what to do about midnight play.

PS4 CE to open
PS4 CE to leave sealed
PS4 JPN Premium Package to leave sealed
Xbone JPN Premium Package to open
The Offical guide
The Official Soundtrack
The Hori Headset
The Man on Fire(Volgin) figure
The Venom Snake Sneaking suit figure
Plus I will get the PC version for the modding that will ensue and the Steel Art book for NA once it is listed.

I can't wait....

So far what I'm dropping on this game:

PS4 Japan CE
PS4 US CE (To sell...?)
PS3 US Copy (To sell after PC release?)
Steam Copy
MGSV CE Guide Hardback
Revol-Mini Venom Snake
Sentinel iDroid Replica
Artbook to come in the future

realcZk

Really starting to worry about MGO...

It's out in less than 2 months and we haven't seen anything... not even at E3. I wouldn't be surprised if they delay it at this rate or have it be a separate download thats essentially broken/unfinished at launch.

Word on the street is that rumors are that my friends friend told him that his cousin's dads brother heard from someone he didn't know that Konami isn't happy with where MGO is right now.

Ryan_MSF

No idea why my image hosting keeps failing to show the image, but its the latest tweet from Junker.

"Kojima says this new MGSV gameplay video will actually show "several" new routes and strategies, to highlight the freedom the game offers."

Here

MajorTom

No idea why my image hosting keeps failing to show the image, but its the latest tweet from Junker.

"Kojima says this new MGSV gameplay video will actually show "several" new routes and strategies, to highlight the freedom the game offers."

Here
With imgur you need to use the direct link option.

It's more than likely that the ps4 version will be the definitive version.

That is the one I will get then, unfortunately Dell doesnt take 5 gift cards over the phone or online. Have five total since I have Dell preferred account and they kept on sending me small amount gift cards plus two 15 dollar ones guess I will just use the larger value ones and the rest of my Dell preferred account..I assume that even though Im getting this from Dell that it will include the DAY ONE Edition Bonus

OldLogos

Banned

Alright guys, while i'm super stoked that a bunch of people have been helping collaborate on this, the music playlist getting a little out of hand - really, 7 Iron Maiden songs, Zambatoh?

The original idea was to have a max of 3 songs per person, to keep it diverse.

I don't want to censor this thing, so i'm not going to change or delete any songs on there, but it would be nice if you added more than 3 songs to whittle it down to only 3.

Also, quote this post to get the link to the doc, and if you haven't added some songs yet you should!

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Okay now my heart skipped a beat. 8 weeks sounds so much sooner than 56 days!!

Yeah right? i mean wow, i was like wait a minute 8 weeks, really? ...OH SHIIII....

That's nothing, we're so close now!

Right? Mad Max was only like 8 weeks ago, and that feels so recent. Time is gonna go by real fast!

Until the last week, of course, which will feel like the last 4 years compressed in to 7 days

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Right? Mad Max was only like 8 weeks ago, and that feels so recent. Time is gonna go by real fast!

Until the last week, of course, which will feel like the last 4 years compressed in to 7 days

Haha exactly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom