• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rajang

Done. Thoughts?

uKmwym4.jpg

Looks incredible.

edit: the above mock up looks great. I also stumbled upon this, which uses the art from the Game Informer on MGSV:

NWZk8pr.png

If only...

I use this art as my background. I would love this as the cover for TPP as well.

brau

lol, sorry for the confusion, i was referring to the Persona series as an answer to brau's question.

i have played all the mainline MGS games. :)

you should play
P4G

also... amm.. welcome. :) how you like it here so far?

and... yea... i got nothing more.

bojie1986

you should play
P4G

also... amm.. welcome. :) how you like it here so far?

and... yea... i got nothing more.

Yeah i might play it if ever i'll get a psvita, thank you for welcoming me man i really appreciate it.. this community is very entertaining lol and my go-to source for mgsv info. We're only a month and half away from this masterpiece! :)

brau

Yeah i might play it if ever i'll get a psvita, thank you for welcoming me man i really appreciate it.. this community is very entertaining lol and my go-to source for mgsv info. We're only a month and half away from this masterpiece! :)

month and a half... its surreal... we've come a long way, and the best is yet to come.

You guys are pretty active around here...

Been pretty busy...

BUT! i watched this show last night. Mr Robot. HOLY COW! amazing show.

bojie1986

month and a half... its surreal... we've come a long way, and the best is yet to come.

Been pretty busy...

Oh this is a new show right? Definitely gonna check it.

I have this feeling that mgsv is the only game i'll play for atleast the next year like what i did with peace walker when it came out. I have never been this excited from any kind and form of entertainment. Lol

Been pretty busy...

A bit unrelated but are there any members still banned who are coming back before the release of MGSV?

brau

Oh this is a new show right? Definitely gonna check it.

I have this feeling that mgsv is the only game i'll play for atleast the next year like what i did with peace walker when it came out. I have never been this excited from any kind and form of entertainment. Lol

Yea... it has a lot to it.. from the single player to motherbase.. to motherbase online... to MGO... talk about your moneys worth. the only thing this game needs to make it a complete package is a color printed in depth manual that comes with the game :3

A bit unrelated but are there any members still banned who are coming back before the release of MGSV?

no idea.... you can look at the OT and there is an image of currently banned members. As far as them returning.... someone else here might be able to give more accurate information.

Last member i knew was coming back was Love Deterrence... and he is back already. WELCOME BACK BRUDDDAAAAH!

Yea... it has a lot to it.. from the single player to motherbase.. to motherbase online... to MGO... talk about your moneys worth. the only thing this game needs to make it a complete package is a color printed in depth manual that comes with the game :3

no idea.... you can look at the OT and there is an image of currently banned members. As far as them returning.... someone else here might be able to give more accurate information.

Last member i knew was coming back was Love Deterrence... and he is back already. WELCOME BACK BRUDDDAAAAH!

Thanks!

bojie1986

I really miss video games manual.. i remember when we were kids, me and my brother absolutely adored pokemon yellow's manual. Gameboy and famicom was the only system we had growing up.

I was never an online gaming guy but i want to finally play metal gear onlin3, i need to get decent internet connection since i am just a newly deployed worker here in UAE. :)

brau

I really miss video games manual.. i remember when we were kids, me and my brother absolutely adored pokemon yellow's manual. Gameboy and famicom was the only system we had growing up.

I was never an online gaming guy but i want to finally play metal gear onlin3, i need to get decent internet connection since i am just a newly deployed worker here in UAE. :)

Nintendo still delivers quality manuals that are printed in nice paper and in color. They are awesome! I think the last game i heard had this was The Witcher 3.

QvfepPG.jpg

Perfect, 10/10!

:3

'Does this pantywaist know what he's doing?' - best line in MGS3

Holy shit, I can't believe how unnatural I think Hayter sounds as BB now. It didn't hit me til just now as he speaks about Fulton in the Virtuous Mission intro.

Good job guys!

Kojima's name scrubbed from MGSV: The Phantom Pain box art

As picked up by the eagle-eyed NeoGAF, Konami has freleased the final box art for MGS5TPP, and it's missing a key feature that was present on the previously-distributed placeholder art: the words "A Hideo Kojima Game." The art on GameStop, Amazon, and Steam still carry the Kojima name, but it's been scrubbed from images on the Konami website, as well as the official box art images.

It would actually be really fun if this was all a giant ruse.

Shy

Good news everyone! I have the alt cover in several .pdf files that fits the dimensions of PS3, PS4, X360, and XBO covers! So you just gotta print and cut it out!

I hope it works.

You can get it here!
Amazing stuff Kindekuma. I'm goinh to have the PS4 one printed up in the print shop tomorrow.

I have a request, could you make a steam icon version. Please.

Kindekuma

Banned
Amazing stuff Kindekuma. I'm goinh to have the PS4 one printed up in the print shop tomorrow.

I have a request, could you make a steam icon version. Please.

Do you mean a Steam header like this? If so I got your back.

mxUWft5.png

since I'm at it, have a Ground Zeroes one too.

bhQta6V.png

Palpable

Is there a full/high resolution of the artwork that's on the cover of the steelbook? Same one from the post above me. I wanna print it out and blow it up on a big ass poster for my room.

Good job guys!

Kojima's name scrubbed from MGSV: The Phantom Pain box art

It would actually be really fun if this was all a giant ruse.

Somoene on Reddit actually had a good write up of why Kojima himself may have wanted his name / KJP removed from the box.

MGS Reddit
I felt the need to chime in because there's a lot of people that are being reactionary to the Kojipro name drop. I suspect this may indicate Kojima is getting to keep his name, which technically is owned by Konami even once he's departed if going by the word of the law. As far as the legal side of things go, if Kojima opened another studio with his own name called "Kojima Studios" (or something equivalent) this could be something that he could potentially be sued for since it could create confusion with Konami's own property "Kojima Productions". I suspect Mr. Kojima has negotiated to keep his studio name which at first glance sounds so very commonsense, but this is an unusual situation given that no other big developers are named after their director so prominently like this. While not exactly the same, if you look at what happened with Infinity Ward a few years ago, the heads of the studio were dropped but they just created a new studio, but the old studio was retained by the original company, name and all. The complication for Mr. Kojima arises in the use of his very own name (and his penchant for liking to stick it everywhere). So I imagine this is the reason they're dropping the name, not because they're trying to erase his legacy, but because if Kojima opts to start a new studio elsewhere, Kojima will retain the right to name his Studio whatever he wants. It's really in Mr. Kojima's best interest NOT to be affiliated with Konami as his time with them comes to an end as far as his name and brand goes. Let's face it, "Kojima" means something. You know what you're getting and it's an important mark for him to keep. It's inherently valuable to him to retain that. And Konami isn't compelled to keep something on a game they're not going to own soon.

Konami get's their restructuring, Kojima keeps his name. Though us fans are left feeling out in the cold. Divorces are rough on the kids, but it really is in the best interest of Mr. Kojima that this happen. Yeah, it sucks for MGSV specifically, but in the long term, as fans, I think we should be happy that this may be an indication that his studio will at least keep that badge that we've come to love. There's likely a lot of words that kill going on behind the scenes that we aren't privy to. It'll be interesting to get the whole story once the dust has settled, but I just wanted to give my two rations on the situation.

TL;DR is basically that with his name removed, if he goes off to a different company or starts his own, he can then slap his name on the box without there being 'confusion' about whether it is a Konami game (which his name was previously synonymous with).

Why then take the name of KJP off? Probably still to distance itself from Kojima's name and do as they said, increase the association with the corporation instead of a single studio. That may (or may not) allow Kojima to use KJP in the future, though I highly, highly doubt it. Anyway, it's all just speculation still of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom