• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.
New information regarding the PC feedback for MGSV.

It's easy to forget what features people want in the middle of development.

Thank you so much for your feedback! We've received a lot more responses than we anticipated, by quite a large margin actually.

We're working hard on the PC version of Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, and truly appreciate your support and thoughts on how to make it better.

We've totaled and categorized the feedback given up to this point and are preparing some info for you that can hopefully explain our next steps and give an idea what we've been able to accomplish.

Only a fool trusts his life to a production schedule!

As we collect our thoughts, please know that while we won't be able to accomplish every request (there is quite a lot!), we are very grateful for all the feedback and will do our best to make the PC release a success!

What are we fighting for? If we make it through this, we'll tell you.

- Robert Peeler

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
lol at Konami's "I'm already a demon". Yes yes you are.

for those who don't know Robin is the actual voice actor of Kaz who says those lines in the game.

2015-07-1422_58_18-koxoreb.png

2015-07-1422_56_37-ro0jq3o.png

2015-07-1422_57_14-roveqzu.png

2015-07-1422_57_01-roxmpco.png

2015-07-1422_57_52-roiypzt.png

If you think about it you could easily compare those words to the fallout that happened between Kojima and Konami.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Somoene on Reddit actually had a good write up of why Kojima himself may have wanted his name / KJP removed from the box.

TL;DR is basically that with his name removed, if he goes off to a different company or starts his own, he can then slap his name on the box without there being 'confusion' about whether it is a Konami game (which his name was previously synonymous with).

Why then take the name of KJP off? Probably still to distance itself from Kojima's name and do as they said, increase the association with the corporation instead of a single studio. That may (or may not) allow Kojima to use KJP in the future, though I highly, highly doubt it. Anyway, it's all just speculation still of course.

That's a good shout.

Rajang

TL;DR is basically that with his name removed, if he goes off to a different company or starts his own, he can then slap his name on the box without there being 'confusion' about whether it is a Konami game (which his name was previously synonymous with).

Why then take the name of KJP off? Probably still to distance itself from Kojima's name and do as they said, increase the association with the corporation instead of a single studio. That may (or may not) allow Kojima to use KJP in the future, though I highly, highly doubt it. Anyway, it's all just speculation still of course.

lol no.

JayEH

Somoene on Reddit actually had a good write up of why Kojima himself may have wanted his name / KJP removed from the box.

Good reasoning.

stephen-a-smith.jpg

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Not really because if that was the case he wouldn't have put his name in the new E3 2015 trailer and let everyone know that this was a Hideo Kojima edited and directed trailer.

The trailer is one thing, the game's another. I don't know if it's true or not, but it seems like a fairly reasonable alternative explanation to what's been going down.

Hypron

I sent my PS4 in earlier this week for a replacement and I was kinda worried I wouldn't get it back on time to play The Phantom Pain. Turns out Sony replaced it in less than 48 hours lol.

I'm ready to go then :)

Can't wait for MGSV.

brau

I sent my PS4 in earlier this week for a replacement and I was kinda worried I wouldn't get it back on time to play The Phantom Pain. Turns out Sony replaced it in less than 48 hours lol.

I'm ready to go then :)

Can't wait for MGSV.

woa.. thats pretty fast. Good customer service then? I dunn think i've ever had an issue with them over the phone. Things like refunds and what not, usually go pretty fast and without any confusions or bad experience.

Hypron

woa.. thats pretty fast. Good customer service then? I dunn think i've ever had an issue with them over the phone. Things like refunds and what not, usually go pretty fast and without any confusions or bad experience.

Yeah this was pretty much my best customer service experience ever. The guy I talked to on the phone before sending it in was really helpful and didn't even ask any questions after I told him my issue. He just told me to send the console in. The turnaround time is pretty amazing too, they must have sent the replacement out as soon as they received my console.

I read horror stories of people waiting more than a month for console replacements/repairs so I was worried. It was my first time sending a console in :mad:

images

Aaaand it's gone.

Good luck to those that got one, I have mine already through Gamestop but still I know there's plenty of people out there that wanted it pretty badly.

Keep an eye out, and keep the faith! Who knows you might still get one.

Well that was fast. Already got mine through Amazon !

Anth0ny

Current plan for MGSV purchases:

Day 1 for sure:
-PS4 physical (I have a pre-order for $40)
-PS4 digital (cause I need to have it as soon as humanly possible)
-MGSV guide
-MGSV soundtrack

Maybe:
-MGSV LE PS4 Console (If they actually decide to release it in NA, I'll buy that shit. If not, I can't justify spending $700+ importing from Europe or Japan. I'll wait until it's readily available on ebay for less than $400. If that doesn't happen, I don't buy it)
-MGSV Steelbook (I think I'm just gonna wait on this one. I figure it'll eventually show up on ebay for relatively cheap)

Konami is doing a great fucking job of saving me money by not releasing that LE PS4 in North America.

Who else is playing through every mission as a Mother Base soldier with their name? I'm soloing every mission by myself.

Yooooooo, whaaaaaaat????? You can do that?!

Current plan for MGSV purchases:

Day 1 for sure:
-PS4 physical (I have a pre-order for $40)
-PS4 digital (cause I need to have it as soon as humanly possible)
-MGSV guide
-MGSV soundtrack

Maybe:
-MGSV LE PS4 Console (If they actually decide to release it in NA, I'll buy that shit. If not, I can't justify spending $700+ importing from Europe or Japan. I'll wait until it's readily available on ebay for less than $400. If that doesn't happen, I don't buy it)
-MGSV Steelbook (I think I'm just gonna wait on this one. I figure it'll eventually show up on ebay for relatively cheap)

Konami is doing a great fucking job of saving me money by not releasing that LE PS4 in North America.

Siiiiiiiiiiiiick! (And welcome!)

Venom Fox

Banned
Do you guys think with Kojima leaving in December that means We will get DLC?

Why else would his contract expire 3 months after release?

deim0s

Do you guys think with Kojima leaving in December that means We will get DLC?

Why else would his contract expire 3 months after release?

I'm hoping that we get a complete game once it's out, but I'am expecting a bumpy ride with MGO with its support and (most likely) DLC.

SiteSeer

when the hell is kojima gonna announce a world wide release tour?! that shit was the bomb for mgs4, i traveled three states over to nyc for it. this konami v kojima bs better not preclude what should be a fun and amazing fan-service event! and this is kojima's last gotdamn mgs game damnit! argh! kojiiiiiiima!

when the hell is kojima gonna announce a world wide release tour?! that shit was the bomb for mgs4, i traveled three states over to nyc for it. this konami v kojima bs better not preclude what should be a fun and amazing fan-service event! and this is kojima's last gotdamn mgs game damnit! argh! kojiiiiiiima!
Definitely not gonna happen with the stuff going on now. Kojima promoting MGS like that is never gonna happen again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom