• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.
11760219_10200716101102264_5697286570164902899_n.jpg

the fanboy in me is dying right now.

Really can't wait to hear Donna's covers of this and The Best is Yet to Come, and Sins of the Father of course.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Really? Why would he do that though?
Kinda makes it sound a bit fishy.

Hey Brau!

BanditoMac found this:

MGS Reddit
I felt the need to chime in because there's a lot of people that are being reactionary to the Kojipro name drop. I suspect this may indicate Kojima is getting to keep his name, which technically is owned by Konami even once he's departed if going by the word of the law. As far as the legal side of things go, if Kojima opened another studio with his own name called "Kojima Studios" (or something equivalent) this could be something that he could potentially be sued for since it could create confusion with Konami's own property "Kojima Productions". I suspect Mr. Kojima has negotiated to keep his studio name which at first glance sounds so very commonsense, but this is an unusual situation given that no other big developers are named after their director so prominently like this. While not exactly the same, if you look at what happened with Infinity Ward a few years ago, the heads of the studio were dropped but they just created a new studio, but the old studio was retained by the original company, name and all. The complication for Mr. Kojima arises in the use of his very own name (and his penchant for liking to stick it everywhere). So I imagine this is the reason they're dropping the name, not because they're trying to erase his legacy, but because if Kojima opts to start a new studio elsewhere, Kojima will retain the right to name his Studio whatever he wants. It's really in Mr. Kojima's best interest NOT to be affiliated with Konami as his time with them comes to an end as far as his name and brand goes. Let's face it, "Kojima" means something. You know what you're getting and it's an important mark for him to keep. It's inherently valuable to him to retain that. And Konami isn't compelled to keep something on a game they're not going to own soon.

Konami get's their restructuring, Kojima keeps his name. Though us fans are left feeling out in the cold. Divorces are rough on the kids, but it really is in the best interest of Mr. Kojima that this happen. Yeah, it sucks for MGSV specifically, but in the long term, as fans, I think we should be happy that this may be an indication that his studio will at least keep that badge that we've come to love. There's likely a lot of words that kill going on behind the scenes that we aren't privy to. It'll be interesting to get the whole story once the dust has settled, but I just wanted to give my two rations on the situation.

brau

Hey brau!

Really? Why would he do that though?
Kinda makes it sound a bit fishy.

Hey Brau!

BanditoMac found this:

makes sense to me.

if he wants to keep promoting his games at his next place as A HIDEO KOJIMA GAME.. it would conflict with the latest game from Konami.. leading to confusion about Konami still beign part of Kojima. Or something like that.

Maybe it was an amicable request.

Kojima and Konami looking out for themselves is part of the negotiation, i am sure. I just hope Kojima keeps making games after this departure.

zatUe0H.jpg

Kindekuma this is purrfect! Thanks again. :)

Looks cool.

I'd kinda like it to make it more "oficial" and have the "Ps4" banner on top. (Xbox one it's on the box, right ?)

Are you a #onlyatruefan or not?

the box sure looks cool
E: oh, its only cardboard. Eeh, you could get the TPP headphones instead

I'd have to import the TPP ones, the HD edition ones are already on the store I work on lol

I usually don't buy game related merch, but if the sound quality on those headphones are good, I could buy them.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Are you guys making fun of LD because he "stole" his recent avatar from someon else?
leuhkikrvuy9.gif

RetroMG

Huh. I just thought of a neat new headcanon.
I'm playing MGS3 as part of my playthrough, and just got to the part where Eva gives Snake the new gun, and he freaks out about how awesome it it. I was just thinking, what if the Boss sent that gun along with Eva to give to Snake as a gift? It makes sense, given how perfect he thinks it is. The only change he needs to make is to carve in a place for his knife. (Which would have been too obvious if she had done it.)

Just a neat thought.

Venom Fox

Banned
BanditoMac found this:

makes sense to me.

if he wants to keep promoting his games at his next place as A HIDEO KOJIMA GAME.. it would conflict with the latest game from Konami.. leading to confusion about Konami still beign part of Kojima. Or something like that.

Maybe it was an amicable request.

Kojima and Konami looking out for themselves is part of the negotiation, i am sure. I just hope Kojima keeps making games after this departure.
Thanks guys, sorry for the slow response.

So basically if Kojima's name is erased from the box, he gets to keep the name Kojima productions, because this would cause confusion for future Kojima games.

It makes sense considering Take Two for instance don't put "a Sam and Dan houser game" on their GTA games, instead they put a R* North game.
Basically just like any other company then lol.

Seems like a fair trade considering everyone and their cats and Dawgs know Kojima and KojiPro created MGSV and not Konami.

Ryan_MSF

I'm sorry for being so dense, but could you dumb it down a shade? Give it to me in layman's terms. Imagine I'd never heard of the internet.

it's just a phrase, i don't think it particularly has a definitive meaning, it's usually said in a sarcastic manner, that's legit the only way i can really think to explain it haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom