• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zambatoh

I have no idea what is going on in that img. lol.

But i miss P.T.

Well it's simple really.
In the first image, Huey, Ocelot and Miller are nervously playing through PT until they freak the fuck out.
In the 2nd image, BB comes in and wanders what the fuck is going on, then he picks up the controller and then HE starts freaking the fuck out and goes into a PTSD-like state of mind until everybody is down on the floor sobbing like the sobbing messes that they are.

Also apparently you are supposed to have Nuclear playing in the background while looking at these.

Furyous

Let's talk about our respective custom soundtracks for use in TPP:

Landing Themes:

Cyndi Lauper - Time After Time
The Script - Breakeven
Jeezy - F.A.M.E.
Linkin Park - Catalyst
MGK - A Little More
Kid Cudi - Alone
3 6 Mafia - Hard Hittaz
Angels and AIrwaves - The Adventure

Extraction Themes:
Linkin Park - Waiting for the End
Big KRIT - The Vent
Yeezus - Can't Tell Me Nothing
Yeezus - Power
Rick Ross - Stay Schemin
Juicy J - Who Da Neighbors
Snow Patrol - Chocolate
Bob - Airplanes

In-Game:
Kid Cudi - Day N Nite
Lupe FIasco - American Terrorist
Lupe Fiasco - I'm Beaming

Mother Base:

Yeezus - Heard Em Say
Wiz Khalifa - We Dem Boyz
Big Sean - All Me
Bob - NY NY

All in all this is a solid playlist that should work for most of the game. Post your custom playlist and let's compare notes. My playlist needs more late 90's emo punk.

Zambatoh

If it's anything like GZ on the PS3, the import list will be limited to 10 songs.

Not sure about PC though...

Though as I've already listed on the spreadsheet, I will probably import the 4 songs I listed, plus some incidentals like Iron Maiden or Queen. Hell maybe I'll throw some jazz songs in there too.

Vally

#TeamE is all about P.T. being an easter egg in MGSV. Like Guy Savage in MGS3. Believe!

Yesss

I'm TeamE

pLJlaMM.png

Shy

I have a theory about the poster you get on motherbase. I think that collecting them will give you different decoys to use.

brau

I have a theory about the poster you get on motherbase. I think that collecting them will give you different decoys to use.

Interesting... it would be fun to discuss what kind of crazy easter eggs Kojima and team have in store for us.

PT being folded into a Psycho Mantis confrontation would be pretty wonderful.
Team E it is. Also whatever team believes that
David Bowie
shows up, preferably
as the final boss to sue Big Boss over the name. Aloso David Hayter, because if you show snake, then it makes a kind of sense to differentiate his voice from Big Boss, although Sutherland voiced Big Boss, Ishmael and maybe even the GZ medic.

Yeah, I don't know. So long as it's an exciting story, I don't care. Really depends on how much Kojima wanted to close the loop. But yes, PT/Psycho Mantis Ops please.

Ozium

I really hope this MGO is more like the one from MGS3:S I had a lot of fun with that one.. I thought the one with MGS4 was not as fun, didn't have as good as modes as the original and the updating/login process was so horrifying that combined with the gameplay not being good imo that it made it not worth it to play.

the MGO in MGS4 seemed to take itself way more seriously why the MGO in mgs3 was like Wacky MGS: The Game... seeing as TPP has more wackiness to it than MGS4 gives me hope

I really hope this MGO is more like the one from MGS3:S I had a lot of fun with that one.. I thought the one with MGS4 was not as fun, didn't have as good as modes as the original and the updating/login process was so horrifying that combined with the gameplay not being good imo that it made it not worth it to play.

A fake Konami ID login screen when MGO3 finally comes out would be amazing.

Kojima's last troll.

So to tide me over until MGSV releases, do I purchase...
  • The Witcher 3
  • Bloodborne
  • Or Persona 3 FES

Apparently Witcher 3 is long as hell, you might not finish it by the time MGS comes out.

P3F I've also heard lasts around 80 hours, I'm not sure about that but persona brothers itt will probably correct/corroborate

Ozium

TPP on September 1 and new Iron Maiden album on Sept 4.. I kind of want to import the tracks to the game but that would be anachronistic, so I will stick with Powerslave and all albums before it

NeoGiff

So to tide me over until MGSV releases, do I purchase...
  • The Witcher 3
  • Bloodborne
  • Or Persona 3 FES

Normally I'd recommend Witcher. But the others are right - it's too much to take on with only three weeks to go until MGSV. Go for Bloodborne. It's a meaty game which will probably last you up until September 1st, especially if you're interested in going for the plat and/or having fun with invasions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom