• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scotia

Banned
#TeamA: David Hayter will voice Solid Snake
#TeamB: No David Hayter, but Solid Snake will appear
#TeamC: No David Hayter, no Solid Snake
#TeamD: Big Boss = Gray Fox. COINCIDENCE?

I feel like the safe option is Team B, but I have to help keep the dream alive. Sign me up for Team A.

OldLogos

Banned
Back from media blackout with a question. I've never been a completionist, but I managed to get all the achievements for Ground Zereos on Steam. I'm at 92% now, and I cant find solid information on exactly what I'm supposed to do next? One website tells me I just need to S Rank all the missions on hard, but another one says you've got to do ALL the trials (stupid ones like unlock all doors, kill all rats, etc).

100% club, how do I join?

I believe in Team D.

Me too. Sadly, its a big joke around here
NOT /s

Hela

Guys, I need ideas for dealing with my crazy MGS5 hype over the next 20 days, because I've done all I could think off to ease the pain, but the wait is killing me.

Here's what I've done recently with the series:
- Watched all available episodes of MGScanlon. The week of Scanlon being a true blessing.
- Watched the full playthrough of Peace Walker by dasuberpoop, which I wholeheartedly recommend, since I don't have a PS3 any more and remember that playing the game on the PSP was a nightmare. Good refresh before TPP.
- Got 100% on GZ on both PS4 and X1.
- Got a platinum in MGS3 on Vita few months back.

I'm sick. I need more.

Guys, I need ideas for dealing with my crazy MGS5 hype over the next 20 days, because I've done all I could think off to ease the pain, but the wait is killing me.
I remember the pain of waiting when days till release was a three digit number.
Now it's gets worse everyday :)

OldLogos

Banned
I opened the floodgates to the 1975-1984 playlist to all of GAF and now theres like 8 people editing it at once.

YRoQgkj.png

pahamrick

Back from media blackout with a question. I've never been a completionist, but I managed to get all the achievements for Ground Zereos on Steam. I'm at 92% now, and I cant find solid information on exactly what I'm supposed to do next? One website tells me I just need to S Rank all the missions on hard, but another one says you've got to do ALL the trials (stupid ones like unlock all doors, kill all rats, etc).

100% club, how do I join?
Me too. Sadly, its a big joke around here
NOT /s

I just did it, i unlocked the final achievement and i see 92%!!
I need to S rank missions on both normal and hard right? :S

Need all tapes, all patches, S Rank on Normal & Hard, and all trials completed.

I used this as a general guide for 100%: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=360817105

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.

Here's what I've done recently with the series:
- Watched all available episodes of MGScanlon. The week of Scanlon being a true blessing.
- Watched the full playthrough of Peace Walker by dasuberpoop, which I wholeheartedly recommend, since I don't have a PS3 any more and remember that playing the game on the PSP was a nightmare. Good refresh before TPP.
- Got 100% on GZ on both PS4 and X1.
- Got a platinum in MGS3 on Vita few months back.

I'm sick. I need more.

Stop being a tree frog and truly ascend to foxhound. Complete 100% in MGS1 vr missions and 100% in MGS2 vr missions.

brau

can you update my avatar on this pic my one was the cartoon liquid ocelot

Hype pic and team
A
please :)

Brau pls.

I'd love to hop on that hype pic. lmao it's gold. Also, #TeamB!!

Edit: Thanks a lot guys!

fuck it, Hype pic bitte

#Team B, add to hype pic pls.

Also, can I be added to the hype pic?

I'm at SIGGRAPH in Los Angeles this week! Went to a TON of really cool events and the show floor has been awesome so far.

Cool idea, count me in!

It would be cool if you could add me too!

Done

Decided after less than 24 hours in Tokyo i'm never coming home, Just need to find Ms Joosten, convince her she needs me as her husbando and I can live out my days in bliss.

Hope you're all good brothers!

Im jelly.. i hope you bring me something from over there. and take pictures :3

Embearded

Need all tapes, all patches, S Rank on Normal & Hard, and all trials completed.

I used this as a general guide for 100%: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=360817105

Got tapes and patches!
I need to S Rank every mission now.
I've also unlocked all trials, but unlocked them, not completed them. I set a score for the first trial on every mission so i ulocked all other trials.

fuck the trials. i'm over it. just wanted to refresh before I'm fucking up all your FOBs

Just try! You are gonna regret saying this!

OldLogos

Banned
Just try! You are gonna regret saying this!

I've broken my media blackout today to watch the FOB video and i'm more than hyped, i'm fucking Nuclear. Interesting that they brought up your friends can defend for (instead) of you, and it got me thinking about whether there would be a clan option.

MGO2, correct me if I'm wrong, had one so I'd assume the next MGO will, but the way they're billing the FOB invasions as 1v1 of one persons private army against another, it doesn't seem like there'll be any larger clan mechanics and just your actual friends list friends can defend.

And, after thinking about the whole cycle of revenge Kojima tweet, i think you're right. I regret it. GAF lets all be FOB friends.

Johnjamin

Neo Member
Brothers long time lurker! I have a question!! have they said anywhere if you can set fob invasions to friends only or anything like that?

(Team A)
(Sniper wolf waifu)

Love the passion in this thread makes my day every day!

brau

Brothers long time lurker! I have a question!! have they said anywhere if you can set fob invasions to friends only or anything like that?

(Team A)
(Sniper wolf waifu)

I don't think there is any info on this. But this would be interesting.

NoFoX

(Team A)
(Sniper wolf waifu)

I do only know you can de-/activate it.
I go offline for FOB though
because i'm a pussy
and will only play MGO.

Hela

Stop being a tree frog and truly ascend to foxhound. Complete 100% in MGS1 vr missions and 100% in MGS2 vr missions.

I was thinking about MGS1, I love that game, but I honestly don't think that I can go back to those controls any more.
As much as it hurts me to admit, modern game design has broken me in this regard.

brau

I was thinking about MGS1, I love that game, but I honestly don't think that I can go back to those controls any more.
As much as it hurts me to admit, modern game design has broken me in this regard.

I guess you can always go back to The Twin Snakes on GC. *shudders

Johnjamin

Neo Member
I do only know you can de-/activate it.
I go offline for FOB though
because i'm a pussy
and will only play MGO.

Hmm it really interests me but I'm just concerned that you could just end up being griefed constantly if you have it activated, be nice to have at least some control over who can interfere.

brau

Got a code from a friend to order a big mousepad with any design i wanted for 99 cents.

Got this.

X3C5O9r.png

It just shipped. Woots!!

If someone wants a code, i think i have some on the account. 99 cents including shipping. not bad. My friend said the quality of the img on the mouse pad is really good. So we'll see. Yay for TPP!

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.

Well surely you can give the MGS2 Snake Tales a whirl. Controls are 90% the same as MGS3. It's not nearly as long or as overly challenging as the vr missions either, and all 5 of them have their own little stories with multiple endings.

eschiver

Got a code from a friend to order a big mousepad with any design i wanted for 99 cents.

Got this.

X3C5O9r.png

It just shipped. Woots!!

If someone wants a code, i think i have some on the account. 99 cents including shipping. not bad. My friend said the quality of the img on the mouse pad is really good. So we'll see. Yay for TPP!

Please pm me a code! ^_^ (Long-time lurker here, hello).

Embearded

I've broken my media blackout today to watch the FOB video and i'm more than hyped, i'm fucking Nuclear. Interesting that they brought up your friends can defend for (instead) of you, and it got me thinking about whether there would be a clan option.

MGO2, correct me if I'm wrong, had one so I'd assume the next MGO will, but the way they're billing the FOB invasions as 1v1 of one persons private army against another, it doesn't seem like there'll be any larger clan mechanics and just your actual friends list friends can defend.

And, after thinking about the whole cycle of revenge Kojima tweet, i think you're right. I regret it. GAF lets all be FOB friends.

Yes MGO2 had a clan system, with isignias etc. If i had to bet i'd do it on friend list too for FOB, but it is kinda poor. They could use groups from Steam for that reason though and iτ would be handy.
If they use friend list then i'll friend the most active from OuterGAF so we can play together.

I say let's be friends and invade reddit users! ha!

Got this.

X3C5O9r.png

It just shipped. Woots!!

Thanks for adding me to the image. If you have any codes left, I would like to have one so I can get an awesome MGSV mouse pad.

brau

IF those don't work guys. i found a thing to add you through email to send a coupon.

PM your info and i'll add you.

Embearded

I've just added "Hail To England" to the playlist! I am so gonna use that on the chopper!
God i'm gonna raid some outposts with the song blasting!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom