• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loakum

Banned
Share what img you put on your pad :) i am glad you guys are finding the link useful.

A7ldCgN.jpg

I used this pic:

H3RoAf5.jpg

Welcome brother!
Thanks for this, Loakum! Got mine and the desert one (with Ocelot).

No problem man, glad I can help! ^_^

Normally I'd recommend Witcher. But the others are right - it's too much to take on with only three weeks to go until MGSV. Go for Bloodborne. It's a meaty game which will probably last you up until September 1st, especially if you're interested in going for the plat and/or having fun with invasions.

Thanks guys, I realise that there is a high chance that I won't finish any of these by the 1st, but I'm okay with just playing as much as I'm able to... Leaning towards Persona 3 right now.

Zambatoh

Is there any info on how progress on GZ will be carried over to TPP?
Any POWs and Unique Guards you extracted will be transferred over.
The Sneaking Suit will also be transferred over.
If you have the voucher that came with GZ, you will also unlock additional staff.

With regard to the chopper escape music, there is only one correct choice for an explosive exfiltration.

The new choral version of Encounter from GZ's Deja Vu mission.

In addition, imagine this playing during the final onslaught of the game, if the ending is a remake of Metal Gear. Amazing.
Nice. I was looking for a high quality version of that song. I used to get spotted on purpose just so I could hear it.

NeoGiff

Any POWs and Unique Guards you extracted will be transferred over.
The Sneaking Suit will also be transferred over.
If you have the voucher that came with GZ, you will also unlock additional staff.

I originally got a physical copy of GZ for PS3. I finished all the missions, but never really bothered with much after that.

Since then, I've bought a PS4 and a digital copy of GZ for it. I'm putting the effort in this time and working towards 100%. On my digital PS4 copy I've done all the special stuff to enable the extras in TPP. However, what happens with the code that comes with physical copies? Is this automatically included in digital copies? If not, can I use my PS4 save to transfer all rescued prisoners/Glaz & Palitz etc., and then use my PS3 code, and have the results from both games imported into TPP?

So many questions.

Zambatoh

I originally got a physical copy of GZ for PS3. I finished all the missions, but never really bothered with much after that.

Since then, I've bought a PS4 and a digital copy of GZ for it. I'm putting the effort in this time and working towards 100%. On my digital PS4 copy I've done all the special stuff to enable the extras in TPP. However, what happens with the code that comes with physical copies? Is this automatically included in digital copies? If not, can I use my PS4 save to transfer all rescued prisoners/Glaz & Palitz etc., and then use my PS3 code, and have the results from both games imported into TPP?

So many questions.

Digital copies should automatically register you for the voucher.

Hi all. So I finally got around to play the the Metal Gear Solid game after getting some advice in this thread a while ago...

...aaaaand, I'm done. MGS1, MGS2, MGS3 and also watched the MG:pW "Movie" on YouTube.

At least I now know who the Hell Paz and Chico are whenever they're referenced. And the end to Peace Walker!?! I'd heard stories about how cringeworthy it was but the the whole "blonde, blue eyed triple agent in her undies" thing made me glad there was no-one else in the room watching it with me.

Things I take from the series: the story makes a bit more sense to me no than it did when I was just reading Wiki articles (still batshit crazy, though), Kojima loves cleavage, re-used themes stradled the line between "homage" and "cliché", David Hayter is good but I'm glad Sutherland is doing Big Boss now.

On to Ground Zeroes now. Yay.

Cathcart

Thanks guys, I realise that there is a high chance that I won't finish any of these by the 1st, but I'm okay with just playing as much as I'm able to... Leaning towards Persona 3 right now.

Yeah. You have nowhere near enough time to finish W3 and it's a game that deserves your full attention. After TPP maybe mix it up with something lighter then dive into Witcher when you're ready for another big game.

Been a big fan of Metal Gear games since the 80's, loved GZ, super pumped for TPP but Witcher 3 is my all time favorite game. Please do not use it as filler :(

#TeamE all the way!

GZ was calling my name so I decided to hop back on that saddle. It seems I can't play without that tablet app, that damn thing is so helpful. I can't wait to see if TPP tablet app is any different (didn't read much info about it).

brau

PT being folded into a Psycho Mantis confrontation would be pretty wonderful.
Team E it is. Also whatever team believes that
David Bowie
shows up, preferably
as the final boss to sue Big Boss over the name. Aloso David Hayter, because if you show snake, then it makes a kind of sense to differentiate his voice from Big Boss, although Sutherland voiced Big Boss, Ishmael and maybe even the GZ medic.

Yeah, I don't know. So long as it's an exciting story, I don't care. Really depends on how much Kojima wanted to close the loop. But yes, PT/Psycho Mantis Ops please.

You got my vote of confidence.
I've been listening to David Bowie on my way to work. Epic. lol

J-Skee

I don't know if it's due to incompetence, stubbornness or my friends coming over & bothering me, but it just took me like 2 freaking hours to defeat the End in MGS3. TWO HOURS.

Zambatoh

I don't know if it's due to incompetence, stubbornness or my friends coming over & bothering me, but it just took me like 2 freaking hours to defeat the End in MGS3. TWO HOURS.

That's how most fights with The End go. Unless you use the Konami Code on your map to locate him.

Shy

I'm pretty sure there's a mission creation tool coming out since that was in the talks long ago. But we'll see!
Are you referring to the GDC talk, because they were talking about it in reference to developers tools of the fox engine, and not anything for the general public.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
I'm totally #TeamE, but I don't know if Kojima would be that brave.

BrosephStalin

Neo Member
Reading through this thread day in and day out, waiting for September 1st to get here, I firmly believe the greatest symbiotic parasite the world has ever known isn't microbial, it's linguistic. 20 days.

Houndi101

GZ PC version didn't have the ability to switch from the controller to a mouse on the fly right?
You had to go to the settings everytime?
Wonder if there's any possibility of having that on TPP?

This game is doing things to me... I just bought my first Call of Duty ever just so I can kill time until September 1st. Tell me GAF, how are you guys dealing with the wait?

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
With the game coming out soon I can not wait to see if any fan theories are right, in that case just in case Quiet is Chico, use these at your expense

vVYAA2.gif

vObdp0.gif

vMa3E3.gif

vqpbxj.gif

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
This game is doing things to me... I just bought my first Call of Duty ever just so I can kill time until September 1st. Tell me GAF, how are you guys dealing with the wait?

im playing any mgs i can get, its like a bad drug

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom