• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anth0ny

Guys, I need ideas for dealing with my crazy MGS5 hype over the next 20 days, because I've done all I could think off to ease the pain, but the wait is killing me.

Here's what I've done recently with the series:
- Watched all available episodes of MGScanlon. The week of Scanlon being a true blessing.
- Watched the full playthrough of Peace Walker by dasuberpoop, which I wholeheartedly recommend, since I don't have a PS3 any more and remember that playing the game on the PSP was a nightmare. Good refresh before TPP.
- Got 100% on GZ on both PS4 and X1.
- Got a platinum in MGS3 on Vita few months back.

I'm sick. I need more.

holy christ

my hype cycle:

1. Just played through MGS3. Playing through MGS4 right now.
2. Watching Metal Gear Scanlon 1-4. Currently on 3.
3. Reading the plot to Peace Walker so I can remember what happened with that game.
4. Play Ground Zeroes on PC to get an idea of how TPP will run on my rig.

By the time I'm done all of this stuff, the game will be out :)

eschiver

4-150173549-0-2-1

Ordered mine. Thanks Brau!

L33T

Banned
Thanks to PS4 Update 3.00, we can make a community/groups for MGS V.

[Community] has been added to the [Friends] menu. [Community] is a feature that lets you find close players with similar preferences and interests. You can create a new community or join a previously established community. Through the community, you can get into games and parties, and discuss common interests.

Somebody should make an OuterGAF group for FOBs and MGO.

brau

I wish Konami would pull a Destiny, and erase ALL of David Hayter from previous games, and rerelease new dialogue recorded by Keifer.

:3 There is now precedence. If they make it happen, they can sell the remaster audio edition.

NeoGiff

Hello, MGS GAF! I briefly posted in here much earlier this year but left soon after. The hype has drawn me back in, though.

I'm currently playing through GZ again properly (going for 100%), which I never bothered to do before. Only two trophies to go - unlock all trials and collect all tapes. The only tape I have left to get is the one for finishing everything on Hard, and I haven't even attempted any of the gruelling marking trials yet. Now that I think of it, it's ridiculous that this doesn't have a platinum.

Can't wait for GAF to implode when TPP is released. I'm here now for the long run.

Hello, MGS GAF! I briefly posted in here much earlier this year but left soon after. The hype has drawn me back in, though.

I'm currently playing through GZ again properly (going for 100%), which I never bothered to do before. Only two trophies to go - unlock all trials and collect all tapes. The only tape I have left to get is the one for finishing everything on Hard, and I haven't even attempted any of the gruelling marking trials yet. Now that I think of it, it's ridiculous that this doesn't have a platinum.

Can't wait for GAF to implode when TPP is released. I'm here now for the long run.

I dreaded the Mark All Enemies trial until I approached it differently. I just ignored the mission grade and just tried to see if I could snipe every enemy without ever being caught. Was a therapeutic game of patience and finding new places to hide after every shot, since the rifle lacks a suppressor. Good luck and strap in while this hype train finally approaches the station!

Anth0ny

I wish Konami would pull a Destiny, and erase ALL of David Hayter from previous games, and rerelease new dialogue recorded by Keifer.

:3 There is now precedence. If they make it happen, they can sell the remaster audio edition.

well actually

the precedence is there for konami wanting kiefer back, dude being too busy due to more important things, and them having to bring in hayter to replace of his dialogue + record new dialogue for the annual biannual MGSV dlc packs.

NeoGiff

I dreaded the Mark All Enemies trial until I approached it differently. I just ignored the mission grade and just tried to see if I could snipe every enemy without ever being caught. Was a therapeutic game of patience and finding new places to hide after every shot, since the rifle lacks a suppressor. Good luck and strap in while this hype train finally approaches the station!

It's funny that you mention taking a different approach. Up until now I have avoided reflex mode like the plague, but earlier I read a tip that it helps to keep it on for marking enemies, just in case things go awry. It's such a simple step towards progress that my habits completely prevented me from seeing.

Got a code from a friend to order a big mousepad with any design i wanted for 99 cents.

Got this.

X3C5O9r.png

It just shipped. Woots!!

If someone wants a code, i think i have some on the account. 99 cents including shipping. not bad. My friend said the quality of the img on the mouse pad is really good. So we'll see. Yay for TPP!

Would love one ! What site is this from ?

Majine

Banned
I'm gonna miss this series so much once it is over. For me it represents one of very few AAA games nowadays that doesn't feel designed by a committee.

Godan

Only 20 days left brothers. I will be getting my hype level up even more next week as uKnighted channel on twitch is going to be streaming next week right up till release

Anth0ny

I'm gonna miss this series so much once it is over. For me it represents one of very few AAA games nowadays that doesn't feel designed by a committee.

Yup. Replaying the MGS games always remind me just how unique they are, and how much of an auteur Kojima is. No one even comes close to this dude.

Even when the greats like Miyamoto take a step back from directing games full time, there are people than can step up and deliver on a Mario (Koizumi) or a Zelda (Aonuma) that feels similar to those that Miyamoto created. With Kojima and Metal Gear... I struggle to imagine there is someone out there that can create a similar experience and deliver the same charm polish with these games, especially if the Kojipro team is disbanded.

Shy

fuck the trials. i'm over it. just wanted to refresh before I'm fucking up all your FOBs
HAHAHAHHAHHA..... get fucked. *leans in close to Old and whispers* you're gonna get rekt.. :p

I can't love you no more Brau. Why would say such a thing. :_:

Fuck yeah, count me in on that group.

Welcome back brother.
I dreaded the Mark All Enemies trial until I approached it differently. I just ignored the mission grade and just tried to see if I could snipe every enemy without ever being caught. Was a therapeutic game of patience
That's what exactly what i did. It did feel therapeutic, and quite relaxing.

Sigfodr

All I have left to do is this for the daytime missions, and it's so annoying. I'm gonna try this strategy next, since last night's attempt went really badly and I went from 39/42 to 20/40.

Also, hello MGS GAF. The hype is real.

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
All I have left to do is this for the daytime missions, and it's so annoying. I'm gonna try this strategy next, since last night's attempt went really badly and I went from 39/42 to 20/40.

Also, hello MGS GAF. The hype is real.

Use your grenades and C4. Set off an explosion when you're well off in the distance and at an elevated position. A bunch will come running and you'll get to tag them all. I once got 12 in a row with this method.

Vally

Been debating with myself about what team I'm on lately, and just because I want to believe we'll have a chance to infiltrate Outer Heaven I'm officially #TeamA.

Best of luck! You may need to do it a few times but once you memorise their patterns it'll be easy :)

TEAM A. TEAM AAAAA.

I feel like the safe option is Team B, but I have to help keep the dream alive. Sign me up for Team A.

Brothers long time lurker! I have a question!! have they said anywhere if you can set fob invasions to friends only or anything like that?

(Team A)
(Sniper wolf waifu)

Love the passion in this thread makes my day every day!

I believe in Team D.

Me too. Sadly, its a big joke around here
NOT /s

Nice, TeamD needed some love

Loakum

Banned
Got a code from a friend to order a big mousepad with any design i wanted for 99 cents.

Got this.

X3C5O9r.png

It just shipped. Woots!!

If someone wants a code, i think i have some on the account. 99 cents including shipping. not bad. My friend said the quality of the img on the mouse pad is really good. So we'll see. Yay for TPP!

Thanks man! I just ordered mine! I can't let an amazing deal like that pass me by! (99 cents yo!) ^_^

Thanks! I just got mine! :D

No problem man! :)

Mercutiouk

Neo Member

Welcome brother!

If you want to make things easier for you on the marking enemies trial, just do a lethal play. Mark and kill them. When there are not many enemies left, just start blowing stuff as distractions and let them come to you. There is only one thing to worry about: don't get spotted otherwise the constant influx of soldiers will drive you mad.

I'm glad I stumped upon the same Metal Gear Solid V The Phantom Pain poster, that my local gamestop promised me..but then accidentally threw it away. It's on UK's amazon: http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B013DHI28I/ (It came to approx $29 us dollars) Also note, they only have 6 left. So if you want one, go,go,go!

qH8bitN.jpg

Thanks for this, Loakum! Got mine and the desert one (with Ocelot).

Oh, count me in on this one! I'll be happy to help defend your bases!

Mercutiouk

Neo Member

Got this.

X3C5O9r.png

It just shipped. Woots!!

Is this offer US only? I wonder if I could get one sent to the UK...

brau

Please add me

Done

well actually

the precedence is there for konami wanting kiefer back, dude being too busy due to more important things, and them having to bring in hayter to replace of his dialogue + record new dialogue for the annual biannual MGSV dlc packs.

I thought they would be re recording all of Hayter to be done by Keifer for the new MGS coming after TPP. Its called MG6: Return to Pachinko Haven

Would love one ! What site is this from ?

http://www.artscow.com/photo-gifts/large-mousepad-160

I can't love you no more Brau. Why would say such a thing. :_:

I won't scatter your ashes to the heartless sea. I will always be with you, Shy.

Thanks man! I just ordered mine! I can't let an amazing deal like that pass me by! (99 cents yo!) ^_^

Share what img you put on your pad :) i am glad you guys are finding the link useful.

Is this offer US only? I wonder if I could get one sent to the UK...

Yes. It says it can go international.

Damn, that playlist is legendary. I've lurked here for a while but now I believe I'm truly ready to join Outer-GAF. September 1st can't come soon enough, my hype levels are astronomical. I think I might play through 3 -> PW -> GZ in anticipation.

Shy

Damn, that playlist is legendary. I've lurked here for a while but now I believe I'm truly ready to join Outer-GAF. September 1st can't come soon enough, my hype levels are astronomical. I think I might play through 3 -> PW -> GZ in anticipation.
Welcome new brother.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom