• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.

NCell

Just to let everyone know that there's been rumours of The Phantom Pain breaking street-date in the United Arab Emirates either today or tomorrow.
However, just looks like it's heresay from an "untrustworthy" retailer, no actual proof yet.

Isn't it a little early for this? Ground Zeroes was sold in the UAE a week before actual release

AAMARMO

Banned
i cancelled my digital version of mgs5 on ps4 so i can get a box version form simplygames because
Pre-order items will usually be despatched for delivery 3-4 days before the official release date.
KuGsj.gif

trillbo

Hello my fellow Diamond Dogs.

I asked this on one of the recent MGSV threads but got no answer. Has there been any word on 21:9 support for TPP PC? No support for GZ sadly, and flawless widescreen doesn't have a fix. Has anyone tried getting 21:9 working on GZ PC?

Omg thank you

I asked this on one of the recent MGSV threads but got no answer. Has there been any word on 21:9 support for TPP PC? No support for GZ sadly, and flawless widescreen doesn't have a fix. Has anyone tried getting 21:9 working on GZ PC?

Welcome!

Hmmmm, good question... For what it's worth, Kojima was playing it on 21:9 setup, but I'm not sure as to whether or not we got any clarification on this... Hopefully we find out before release!

Älg

There hasn't been any official statement involving it, but it was mentioned a lot in the PC port suggestions steam thread, so it might be something that they're considering.

Erban1

So OuterGaf, should we have a FOB ceasefire from launch or let invasions be a free for all up until a certain date?

Shame there's no way to have a friendly infiltration with gentlemans rules, it would be cool to be able to reach someone else's goal without taking any resources in the process.

NeoGiff

Just finished marking all enemies in the GZ mission on my first attempt. I took it extremely slowly (the whole mission took me 50 minutes), but it feels great now having done it.

trillbo

Welcome!

Hmmmm, good question... For what it's worth, Kojima was playing it on 21:9 setup, but I'm not sure as to whether or not we got any clarification on this... Hopefully we find out before release!

Älg;175145175 said:
There hasn't been any official statement involving it, but it was mentioned a lot in the PC port suggestions steam thread, so it might be something that they're considering.

Thanks! That's reassuring at least. Seems like it should be doable on some level even if it's not fully supported.

Really can't wait now. Sept 1st is my birthday too. This will be the best birthday I've had in years!

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
I hope the game doesn't leak in the UAE. I wouldn't be able to help myself and would likely read every spoiler available.

tariniel

The AI in Ground Zeroes was kind of bullshit during my first playthrough last night. I was sneaking towards
Paz
and on my way I had tranq'd/KO'd a handful of guards. Some I hid well and others I didn't because there were no other guards nearby.

After
freeing Paz and carrying her a bit
one of the guards I KO'd was discovered by another guard and an alert was raised. I moved behind some gas tank looking things and hid.

Within seconds, a guard rushes down some stairs, turns 3 corners and makes a bee-line to exactly where I was hiding. He had no reason to know or suspect that I was there and I had not been seen recently. What the hell?

Then, I get really close to the helicopter point to finish up, and for some reason there are 4 guards hanging around right on top of the point, when there were none there the last time I used the helicopter. Just felt a bit cheap that somehow they know that's where I'm going to end up. I still had plenty of tranq rounds left to deal with them, but still.

Other than that, the game was beautiful and the gameplay was very fun. The only thing I didn't like was that I was limited on equipment and didn't have fulton. I plan to try some of the extra ops before PP comes out.

My MGS5 preorders include:

Metal Gear Solid 5 PS4 Collectors Edition [Around $100, local retailer pre-order]
Metal Gear Solid PC Steam [Around $17, local retailer pre-order]
Metal Gear Solid 5 Xbox One [Around $60]
Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain Hardcover Official Guide Collectors Edition [$24]
Metal Gear Solid 5 Steel Cover X 2 [free, comes with a pre-order]

All I need is the official artwork and I am set. Anyone know where I can find one?

brau

My MGS5 preorders include:

Metal Gear Solid 5 PS4 Collectors Edition [Around $100, local retailer pre-order]
Metal Gear Solid PC Steam [Around $17, local retailer pre-order]
Metal Gear Solid 5 Xbox One [Around $60]
Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain Hardcover Official Guide Collectors Edition [$24]
Metal Gear Solid 5 Steel Cover X 2 [free, comes with a pre-order]

All I need is the official artwork and I am set. Anyone know where I can find one?

I don't think there is one set yet. But if there is one, i am totally interested in knowing about it.

Banzai

In case there are any germans around here: If I download the first MGS off the german store will it only come with the german voice work, like the physical game did? Feeling the itch to replay this on my vita but the german voices were kinda awful.

pahamrick

I don't think we should invade each other, especially now other forums a going to be making their own groups.

I'm afraid to buy one of those of ebay.

I'm fine with a unified front, or a free-for-all. I played the hell out of Watch_Dogs just because of the 1v1 invasion multiplayer, was such a blast.

Embearded

I won't be invading you if that's what we agree. But don't change names all the time or i'll have to put a nickname for every single one of you...
At least, we can just ask if the player wants to play 1v1 before invasion for the first 2-3 weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom