• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erban1

I don't think we should invade each other, especially now other forums a going to be making their own groups.

I'm afraid to buy one of those of ebay.

I agree, at the same time id rather someone from GAF put my FOB thru its paces and point out the weaknesses in my security.

The thought above totally gives me the idea that whatever a gaffer manages to take, reaching the control center or not, should be considered a consulting fee...consider it payment for time and pointing out security flaws following their infiltration. That way we strengthen our defenses and at least keep the cycle of GMP internal to GAF

Shy

I agree, at the same time id rather someone from GAF put my FOB thru its paces and point out the weaknesses in my security.

The thought above totally gives me the idea that whatever a gaffer manages to take, reaching the control center or not, should be considered a consulting fee...consider it payment for time and pointing out security flaws following their infiltration. That way we strengthen our defenses and at least keep the cycle of GMP internal to GAF
I like the way you think.
Can someone requote the registration for online?
What do you mean. ?

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member

Amazing. Totally onboard. We'll be each other's Dead Cell/Sneakers!

NeoGiff

Is there a spreadsheet where new recruits can enter their details and sign up for Outer GAF? Your FOBs won't defend themselves!

Shy

0AEdR8q.gif

Erban1

I like the way you think.

Amazing. Totally onboard. We'll be each other's Dead Cell/Sneakers!

Great! It's a pretty big effort, I wonder if the mods will be cool with a separate topic just for the FOB feature?

It's going to be great regardless, especially with the recording capabilities of the new systems, it would be a great help to see someone else infiltrate your base and the exact route they took.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Great! It's a pretty big effort, I wonder if the mods will be cool with a separate topic just for the FOB feature?

It's going to be great regardless, especially with the recording capabilities of the new systems, it would be a great help to see someone else infiltrate your base and the exact route they took.

I don't see why not. What's the worst that can happen? Maybe PM one and see.

Seriously, that's a genuinely great idea.

HAHA. i knew i should've made my sneakers reference.

Man, I loved that movie back in the day. I bagsy Redford.

Just thought of something.

Recording GAF FOB matches will be amazing.

I'll record every minute of my gameplay on PS3 and put some good action clips on YT.
I don't know if my first playthrough will be offline so no one will be interupting my immersion in the story or rather if online FOB fights will enrich my experience with it.

Probably I'll go with second option. Simmiliar to PW/GZ when I saw that my base in building of which I put so much efford, is being destroyed.

Haha, just imagine someone taking a bulk of your supplies and troops.

"Oh yeah, uh. Security's pretty bad all around... put what's left of some S guards over here even though there's nothing there anymore, I guess."

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member

"Oh yeah, uh. Security's pretty bad all around... put what's left of some S guards over here even though there's nothing there anymore, I guess."

"I'm afraid my fee is non-negotiable."

*disappears into a
wormhole

According to that spreadsheet there are 3 members who'll play on PS3 only :(
There are many who wrote PS3/PS4 butI don't think that anyone who can play on a PS4 will come back to a PS3 version.

Shy

There are many who wrote PS3/PS4 butI don't think that anyone who can play on a PS4 will come back to a PS3 version.
Is there no way you can get the money together for a PS4 and a copy of the game. ?
Do you have a good rig, could you get it on there. ?

brau

Holy cow guys... you guys suck at keeping a spreadsheet organized. O_O

Went to see the updates in the sheet and its a mess. Reformatting.

Vally

I'll buy the PS3 version a couple of weeks or so after release, so I'll definitely be playing on there too

Erban1

Lol yea we'll definitely require some ground rules, I'm taking any ideas up until launch. Maybe payment can be negotiated prior to infiltration, say you need a few machine gun turrets so the defender places them in a easily obtainable place near the wormhole so they can be extracted. Of course the attacker would use only non lethal weapons and not steal any other equipment or soldiers.

I'll reach out to a mod about the Ot for FOBs, hopefully I get the go ahead for launch, I'll also crosspost my original post in the gamescom thread since it's pretty active.

brau

use the the outer-gaf group to find me.

No, it's for privacy reasons.

If you are at home you should just add me right now. :)

ALSO! to all of you using the sheet. i format and cleaned it up again. Please try to keep it nice and organized. :)

brau

Actually. Moda Operandi makes more sense now. Since he did release the Kojima MGS Collection.

I hope i won something now.

Is there no way you can get the money together for a PS4 and a copy of the game. ?
Do you have a good rig, could you get it on there. ?
I'm not planning to buy PS4 yet cause I have too many games to complete on PS3. Still waiting for The Last Guardian.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom