• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what are people's plans when they get invaded, drop everything and hightail to FOB or trust in guard placement and security to keep things locked?

Or will it be situationally dependant?

Early on I'll take care of everyone foolish enough to try and infiltrate my base on personally, but as I gain more military power ill leave it to the well trained batch of soldiers I have to take care of those problems.

However if I see someone attempt to invade me more than once or their name becomes something I recognize, then its personal. Ill personally go back to put a bullet in his / her head, then proceed to take action and initiate an assault on enemy territory leaving no man alive and take all his animals.

brau

It will be hard at start to switch from 720p@30fps (with drops) and DS3 to 720p(or 900p or 1080p I don't know)@60fps with keayboard and mouse.
But after I get used to it I will kick your pantywaist ass!

Nineteen fucking days. It's so close, yet so far...

CV6jOuc.png

Älg

So what are people's plans when they get invaded, drop everything and hightail to FOB or trust in guard placement and security to keep things locked?

Or will it be situationally dependant?

I mean, playing against someone base probably won't be much more difficult than playing the regular game, i.e not that hard. I think I'll always go back and deal with it myself, because I don't think that even the best designed FOB will be good enough to stop a decent human player.

brau

i'm gonna upload them all to flickr when i get home, i'll send them over your way dude :D

The hostess bars cost a fortune and i'd rather spend my money on other things while im here despite the advice from chinner :p

I've not seen Cloud no :p though i am going to the final fantasy cafe at some point in the next few days which im pretty hyped for! As well as the maid cafe's, but the less said the better haha. And I have quite a few! We'll have to have a skype/google hangout chat when i'm home!

LOL. Chinner will turn super sayin when he reads this.

Holy cow dude, i am so excited for you to be there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7X9MQi7uOU

Here... thats all i can think to enhance your trip.

amm... and for sure. we'll have to get in touch to recap. When are you back? btw... i am so jealous. you get to go on an awesome trip, time will fly faster, you'll be in sept 1st before you know it enjoying TPP. WooooAHOOAAAAAAAA!

Yeah, that's my fear too.

I actually think that's their main idea. They just don't wanna say it out loud.
I really don't think it would be like "mighty quest for epic loot" with FOB being able
to use all of your cool gadgets.

that's why I don't have too much of a hope about FOB, aside from the competative fun

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Wrote my stuff into the spreadsheet. Gonna start adding you guys later this evening.

Johnjamin

Neo Member
Älg;175205526 said:
I mean, playing against someone base probably won't be much more difficult than playing the regular game, i.e not that hard. I think I'll always go back and deal with it myself, because I don't think that even the best designed FOB will be good enough to stop a decent human player.

Early on I'll take care of everyone foolish enough to try and infiltrate my base on personally, but as I gain more military power ill leave it to the well trained batch of soldiers I have to take care of those problems.

However if I see someone attempt to invade me more than once or their name becomes something I recognize, then its personal. Ill personally go back to put a bullet in his / her head, then proceed to take action and initiate an assault on enemy territory leaving no man alive and take all his animals.

Always go back to base, unless one of you fine brothers offers to help.

Ok that's interesting. I'm not sure what I'm gonna do, I'm kinda intrigued to see if I could design a base that was just really hard to infiltrate and try to never go back, but all that GMP I'd blatantly lose...maybe on second or third playthrough....

The only thing that worries me about FOB is that I might build a great base, and then they spawn from an unexpected infiltration point and end up getting past my planned defensive routes.

Shy

The only thing that worries me about FOB is that I might build a great base, and then they spawn from an unexpected infiltration point and end up getting past my planned defensive routes.
If that happens, then i'll be there to take them out for you.

Ryan_MSF

Ryan last week: Konami trailer got me more hyped than Kojima's.

Ryan this week:

What has Japan done to you?

I didn't mind it at first, and was just as hyped as you, but after a few watches the flaws in the video became more apparent and my enjoyment watching it decreased, whereas in comparison some of the fan-made trailers that have appeared the past few days with some of the new footage has been amazing and i've really enjoyed them.

My initial comment was a bit harsh, but I much prefer this one to the konami made one.

Let me know what you think. Original trilogy is fantastic. If you can stop there. Kudos to you. :D

I've seen 4 & 5 so far, and both were fantastic, I did not expect to like them as much as I did, I assumed you had to see it around the time of release to fully appreciate it.

brau

I've seen 4 & 5 so far, and both were fantastic, I did not expect to like them as much as I did, I assumed you had to see it around the time of release to fully appreciate it.

They stil hold up really well. Are you watching the remasters with the included CGI?

Älg

I hope you're watching it in the correct 4, 5, 6, 1, 2, 3 order.

That's a terrible order, way to end on a shitty note. The series ends properly in 6, and so you must watch that last. You either watch them cronologically, or you watch them 4, 5, 1, 2, 3, 6.

Actually lemme quote you real quick to make sure you see this. Do not ruin the series for yourself by watching the prequels last. If you've already watched 4 and 5 I suggest you go back and watch the prequels now, and then go back to watch 6.

Metal Gear is also cool. I really like Metal Gear.

Älg;175214970 said:
That's a terrible order, way to end on a shitty note. The series ends properly in 6, and so you must watch that last. You either watch them cronologically, or you watch them 4, 5, 1, 2, 3, 6.

Actually lemme quote you real quick to make sure you see this. Do not ruin the series for yourself by watching the prequels last. If you've already watched 4 and 5 I suggest you go back and watch the prequels now, and then go back to watch 6.

Metal Gear is also cool. I really like Metal Gear.

If he's gonna do Machete Order there's no point watching 1. It's mostly irrelevant. And not knowing
Anakin met Padme as a toddler
makes that relationship less weird.

brau said:
They stil hold up really well. Are you watching the remasters with the included CGI?

Oh yes, blu ray with my friends massive projector home cinema set-up.

I hope you're watching it in the correct 4, 5, 6, 1, 2, 3 order.

That was definitely the plan...

Älg said:

Do not ruin the series for yourself by watching the prequels last. If you've already watched 4 and 5 I suggest you go back and watch the prequels now, and then go back to watch 6.

Hmm, that's some interesting advice, everyone usually says watch them in release order. Surely I'd be missing out on a tonne of references watching them out of release order though. I mean, just imagine playing MGS for the first time out of release order - nonsense.

Älg

If he's gonna do Machete Order there's no point watching 1. It's mostly irrelevant. And not knowing
Anakin met Padme as a toddler
makes that relationship less weird.

That's also one way to do it, but I just assumed he'd want to watch all of them. The point here is to end on Return of the Jedi; if decides to do Machete, Ernst Rister, or chronological is really up to him.

Oh yes, blu ray with my friends massive projector home cinema set-up.

That was definitely the plan...

Hmm, that's some interesting advice, everyone usually says watch them in release order. Surely I'd be missing out on a tonne of references watching them out of release order though. I mean, just imagine playing MGS for the first time out of release order - nonsense.

But release order makes the already poor prequels even worse, as you have to end on them. I understand the Metal Gear sentiment, but it isn't really applicable here. Say what you will about George Lucas, but at least he had a plan, and that plan was to watch Star Wars chronologically. This means that the prequels were specifically designed to be watched before the sequels, unlike what Kojima had in mind with Metal Gear (as if he ever had anything in mind). There really is no reference game here, at least not enough to warrant watching Revenge of the Sith last, and if anything the prequels will just make you more confused if you watch them after the true ending of the saga. Just imagine ending on Revenge of the Sith; (spoilers)
It's a fucking bummer; Padme dies, Anakin is Vader, Obi Wans loses his apprentice , and everything is just set up for the epic second half. Ending things here makes no sense at all.
I would actually assume that most people who recommend release order are doing so purely out of spite for the prequels.

EDIT: I though I was responding to the other guy, hope my response didn't sound weird beause of that.

Älg;175215792 said:
That's also one way to do it, but I just assumed he'd want to watch all of them. The point here is to end on Return of the Jedi; if decides to do Machete, Ernst Rister, or chronological is really up to him.

But release order makes the already poor prequels even worse, as you have to end on them. I understand the Metal Gear sentiment, but it isn't really applicable here. Say what you will about George Lucas, but at least he had a plan, and that plan was to watch Star Wars chronologically. This means that the prequels were specifically designed to be watched before the sequels, unlike what Kojima had in mind with Metal Gear (as if he ever had anything in mind). Just imagine ending on Revenge of the Sith; (spoilers)
It's a fucking bummer; Padme dies, Anakin is Vader, Obi Wans loses his apprentice , and everything is just set up for the epic second half. Ending things here makes no sense at all.
I would actually assume that most people who recommend release order are doing so purely out of spite for the prequels.

Are you sure that's true though? The man said that?

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Just added a bunch of you guys to my psn friends list. Please be my friend :)

I wish there was a easier way to add everyone

I use the PSN app on Android, so it's a bit more bearable.

Älg

Are you sure that's true though? The man said that?

I can't find a good source that doens't spoil stuff, but basically yes. Even if he didn't say that you'd understand after you've seen it how absolutely nonsensical and stupid it is to end the series on Revenge of the Sith.

Mozz-eyes

Banned
Just finished MGS3 on Vita. Played on hard.

Couldn't get the final boss CQC mechanics down particularly well. Didn't think much of the final fight. What's with the camera, too? I thought this was the Subsistence version?! I couldn't see shit.

Loved the final cut scene with Ocelot. Man, Ocelot is so fucking cool. Definitely my favourite character in 3. The hand gestures and everything are so campy but as a whole package the character is a badass.

The bit when the shagohod arrives again and the MGS3 theme plays was fucking awesome.

Beat my last run of GZ by one minute.

But I got spotted by the god damn tank as snake was boarding the heli so I didn't get the S rank :(

5 minutes is my best with an S rank but I just got an A rank in 4 minutes.

I felt so damn deflated when the tank spotted me because once it does there's nothing you can do and it's basically game over. Can't be bothered to try again tonight due to how much that annoyed me :')

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom