• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shy

Look what I found!
3718405-solid_snake_vs_big_boss_mg2_by_solidsnake78902-d3gax2l.jpg
Yeah, i've seen that a long time ago. It's really cool though.

EDIT: I don't mean to be come across as rude Szczwany.

YomommaZ

I just started my first playthrough of PW yesterday. The plan is to finish the game and watch the true ending on youtube or smth. I'm not really sure what the grinding part is just yet but I don't like the sound of it :)

Can't believe we are finally so close to MGS V release...

Ozium

Have you not played Jamais Vu? That gives "Ambushed" from MGR and "Pleasure of Tension" from Snatcher.

I.. I've played Jamais Vu on normal and hard... but I never went to get the tape because I got it in Deja Vu and all the guides on steam and elsewhere said they were the same tapes... wtf?! they played me like a damn fiddle! gonna try this tomorrow.. Thanks.

Shy

I.. I've played Jamais Vu on normal and hard... but I never went to get the tape because I got it in Deja Vu and all the guides on steam and elsewhere said they were the same tapes... wtf?! they played me like a damn fiddle! gonna try this tomorrow.. Thanks.
I don't want to come across as a whinny child. But i asked you that very same question a few hours ago, and you told me yes.

Ozium

I don't want to come across as a whinny child. But i asked you that very same question a few hours ago, and you told me yes.

You asked if I had gotten the deja vu/jamais vu tapes, which at the time I took to mean they were the same tapes as all the guides claimed. I was ignorant about that and I apologize. I then listed exactly the tapes I had. I only said "yes" directly to you asking about both of the intel tapes... and I hadn't even heard that these 2 other songs existed until Valkyri mentioned them by name because literally every guide I've looked at on Steam didn't list those songs

:(

Shy

You asked if I had gotten the deja vu/jamais vu tapes, which at the time I took to mean they were the same tapes as all the guides claimed. I was ignorant about that and I apologize. I then listed exactly the tapes I had. I only said "yes" directly to you asking about both of the intel tapes... and I hadn't even heard that these 2 other songs existed until Valkyri mentioned them by name because literally every guide I've looked at on Steam didn't list those songs

:(
It's cool dude. I hope you didn't think i was being mean.
Glad you're going to get the final tape.

Ozium

It's cool dude. I hope you didn't think i was being mean.
Glad you're going to get the final tape.

Nah.. everything is cool. I was feeling tense because of the phantom pain that I was experiencing through the loss of my achievement, but it turns out it was all a ruse planned by Cipher.

NeoGiff

The strange thing about the Jamais Vu tapes is that I got the trophy, yet wasn't even aware there were tapes in that mission. This is the first I've heard of it. I wvwb looked up my in game stats and I'm apparently missing one tape... but I have the trophy?!

Vally

Hngggg I need this guide. Though I probably won't look at it until I finish the game

CMRzn77WgAA9bD6.jpg:large

The strange thing about the Jamais Vu tapes is that I got the trophy, yet wasn't even aware there were tapes in that mission. This is the first I've heard of it. I wvwb looked up my in game stats and I'm apparently missing one tape... but I have the trophy?!

I think it's because the Jamais Vu mission was added later as DLC, so you don't need to get the tapes in that mission in order to get the trophy

Skullface

On the subject of custom soundtracks, I wanted to discuss my latest addition. King Crimson's "Thela Hun Ginjeet". First of all, it's a funky fantastic song that was released in '81. Thela Hun Ginjeet is a nonsensical anagram for "heat in the jungle". That being said, I'm going to have it playing on loop while I'm free-roaming Africa for diamonds and other supplies. I need to get to contribooting to that music spreadsheet.

Hngggg I need this guide. Though I probably won't look at it until I finish the game

CMRzn77WgAA9bD6.jpg:large

Ok, so to anyone concerned about this game being shorter than anticipated, this guide looks to be pretty much the same size as my Witcher 3 guide. To those familiar with the game, I'm at least 80 hours in and am only as far as Novigrad. All this time I've been exploring question marks, fulfilling contracts, and doing every secondary quest I can. I don't play gwent, race, or fist fight either. Phantom Pain is shaping up to be huge. I think game size expectations will be met 😎

Hmm

As someone who has a Xbox one and a ps4 I'm really struggling to decide which console to go for

I probably have more friends on the Xbox side of things so it's tempting to get it on that

But I assume the ps4 is the console the game is designed for - any advice would be amazing as I want to jump at it soon

Fyi Have completed ground zeroes on both consoles

Shy

Hmm

As someone who has a Xbox one and a ps4 I'm really struggling to decide which console to go for

I probably have more friends on the Xbox side of things so it's tempting to get it on that

But I assume the ps4 is the console the game is designed for - any advice would be amazing as I want to jump at it soon

PS4 all the way.
I'm scared to click.
It's fine.

Ozium

Someone will probably mod it in right away, though that would be only if you pick it up on PC :/

Already in my Steam Library waiting for a pre-load. But I won't mod it my first time through. I was just under the impression that you could replay each individual mission at a harder difficulty after completing it the first time, so I could re-do a mission on hard or something while doing MB stuff..

Banzai

Already in my Steam Library waiting for a pre-load. But I won't mod it my first time through. I was just under the impression that you could replay each individual mission at a harder difficulty after completing it the first time, so I could re-do a mission on hard or something while doing MB stuff..

I think difficulty might be tied to the skills of the guards so you could farm good staff way too early.
I'm hoping there'll be enough to do so you won't feel compelled to redo missions very soon.

Ok, so to anyone concerned about this game being shorter than anticipated, this guide looks to be pretty much the same size as my Witcher 3 guide. To those familiar with the game, I'm at least 80 hours in and am only as far as Novigrad. All this time I've been exploring question marks, fulfilling contracts, and doing every secondary quest I can. I don't play gwent, race, or fist fight either. Phantom Pain is shaping up to be huge. I think game size expectations will be met 😎

I really hope that the game itself is real big and all. We all know there's lot to do and FOB + MGO are dreams come truth. But I still try not to hype myself too much abouth lenght of the game. That's one of the reasons I laugh at every idea that TPP contains something from MG1\2. I would be real happy, if those fake chapters were somewhat close to real game with 5 chapters etc.

"Former buddy Kazuhira Miller of snake is trapped in the Soviet Union.
Shimese the revival of mercenary legend to the world by rescue him alone, and.
It nine years ago, leading to revenge to the Cypher who murdered their fellow, was the beginning of the fight for the world in the crotch." - Via Google Translate

!

Hmm

PS4 version is 1080p but xbox one is 900p. Not that much of a difference but I'm sure youll have a good experience either way you go.

Mifec

Brothers, how long does it take to 100% GZ with guides? I come home 1 day before TPP is out and would like to know if that's enough time. On the off chance you get stuff by 100%ing it and not just owning it.

Woffls

Hmm

I'm in the same position. Got pre-orders on both platforms, but I don't know if 1080p is worth it in place of playing on the Xbox platform, for which I have a strong preference... and already pay for XBL Gold.

I asked this in the graphics comparison thread, but is PS4 just rendering the exact same as Xbox One at a higher resolution? I don't mind missing a bit of fidelity providing the lighting etc is all the same.

Same here, are people talking about the pc version? The consles must have had the extra tape added later so doesn't count.

realcZk

anyone's copy of Golden Joystick Presents: Metal Gear Solid Hardback Edition turned up yet?

I think release date was today

Nope, I haven't heard anything from them since order confirmation email a few weeks ago.
I was considering cancelling, or at least switching from the hardback to the paperback but couldn't find a way to easily do so. Reason is that I've heard the editing in the magazine is pretty poor/rushed with many instances of repeated text and cut off sentences.

Guys I have an important question
What will happen between the Hospital and Afghanistan, do you think Ocelot will take Big Boss up the Khyber pass?
The more important question imo is, how the hell did they lost their arms and legs, because that GDC footage it looked like the helicopter didn't crash after the vagina bomb explosion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom