• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.

Embearded

My GZ completion is stuck on 99%!
What i've done so far:

• S Ranked on Normal all missions
  • S Ranked on Hard all missions
  • Unlocked all trials on Normal
  • Unlocked all trials on Hard
  • Got all tapes (unlocked the achievement too)

I didn't put a score on every trial though... only in the first of each missions difficulty in order to unlock the rest.

Got any ideas why i'm stuck on 99%?

What i've done so far:

I didn't put a score on every trial though... only in the first of each missions difficulty in order to unlock the rest.

Maybe you're missing a bonus objective? Like rescuing the guy in the Anti-Air Emplacement op, etc. ?

Holdfing

What i've done so far:

Have you rescued every POW? Glaz and Palitz? There's an option in the main menu called Play Records IIRC where you can check your progress of the individual missions.

SyberWolf

Is there any information how many DVD's will an Xbox 360 version have?

from the official site

[ Xbox 360® GAME SOFT ]

[METAL GEAR SOLID V: THE PHANTOM PAIN] (DVD™(XGD3) x 2)
*1 include [METAL GEAR ONLINE]
*2 Required Hard Drive space for Digital : 12.5GB available space / Xbox 360®

Embearded

Maybe you're missing a bonus objective? Like rescuing the guy in the Anti-Air Emplacement op, etc. ?

Have you rescued every POW? Glaz and Palitz? There's an option in the main menu called Play Records IIRC where you can check your progress of the individual missions.

I'm pretty sure i rescued all of them but i'll check it out now. Thanks guys!
Do i need to rescue them in both difficulties?

Embearded

Found what it is! Deja Vu unlocks 16/17!
I can only play as Solid Snake and Big Boss so i guess i'll have to unlock Gray Fox too.

They said last gen version is ~12GB, so I'd say 2 DVDs.
from the official site

[ Xbox 360® GAME SOFT ]

[METAL GEAR SOLID V: THE PHANTOM PAIN] (DVD™(XGD3) x 2)
*1 include [METAL GEAR ONLINE]
*2 Required Hard Drive space for Digital : 12.5GB available space / Xbox 360®

Thanks for answers.

18mfgm84j37gmjpg.jpg

LOL

That fulton with various other fulton balloons surrounding it looks cool!

I have a feeling that you can upgrade it so that additional balloons are attached to each item you Fulton out, thus increasing the chances for a successful extraction. Wormhole's probably the final evolution of the ability.

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
I have a feeling that you can upgrade it so that additional balloons are attached to each item you Fulton out, thus increasing the chances for a successful extraction. Wormhole's probably the final evolution of the ability.

I believe you need the upgraded fulton to lift heavier things like jeeps or containers.

20 years of being loyal to Playstation and they still can't refund stuff.

Sorry, we don't refund stuff, period. I don't know what the fuck their problem is, Origin and Steam I can refund everything and I can't even say I bought the wrong version please refund the money on my account so I can buy the version I wanted to buy.

FFS, Sony.

Btw, can you refund digital purchases on Xbox One ?

Jawmuncher

What's the stuff for MGS2 I should know? I have beat it multiple times so don't worry about spoiling me.

I know Raiden is supposed to be the player.
Roy is a AI the whole game.

Is there other smaller details like that I should be aware of. I always liked MGS2 but never really got the BIG picture of it.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
What's the stuff for MGS2 I should know? I have beat it multiple times so don't worry about spoiling me.

Is there other smaller details like that I should be aware of. I always liked MGS2 but never really got the BIG picture of it.

I guess you could say the S3 program was actually the game and its marketing, and the player was the test subject.

RetroMG

So, for extracting Glaz and Palitz, do I need to get them both for it to count? I extracted one but the other died while I was trying to carry him out. Do I need to go back and get both, or do I just need to get the one I missed?

Embearded

I hope i am not the only who is going to use the OuterGAF insignia for his Mother Base! I will keep Diamond Dogs for some time in order to stay true to the story but eventually i will use OuterGAF!

Invaders will know they are gonna get fucked once they see this.
OuterGAF! Our new home!

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
I hope i am not the only who is going to use the OuterGAF insignia for his Mother Base! I will keep Diamond Dogs for some time in order to stay true to the story but eventually i will use OuterGAF!

OuterGAF! Our new home!

LOVE IT. It just screams "you're in the wrong neighborhood, hombre" to anyone who dares attack.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.

On phone so bear with writing style.

After mgs1, Snake breaks up with Meryl. Drinking a lot. Otacon and him decide to form Philanythropy, an anti mg organization. Otacon gets tip from EE who is actually Ocelot to lure them to Tanker.

Tanker is controlled by marines and has mg ray, marine project. Patriots see this as a rogue element and send Ocelot to steal Ray. Ocelot uses Gurlukovicb mercenaries to take over ship. Snake is framed for this. Fortune and Olga think Snake killed their respective fathers. Tanker did not actually have oil so a second fully loaded tanker was immediately sent to location and sunk.

Ocelot takes mg ray to Solidus. Gurlokkovich soldiers follow Olga. Olga's child is held hostage by Patriots. She is forced to send her soldiers to Big Shell to serve Solidus even tho she knows the truth. The patriots give her ninja suit to help Raiden. The patriots are playing Solidus and Dead Cell. They let him take over Big Shell. He does not know Ocelot is spy until its too late.

Do not get caught up in how Raiden represents player. That is true but mgs2 plot does not just operate at meta level. Raiden is his own man. Mental implants clouded his memory of his time as african child soldier. He himself blocks out those dark times which is why he was selected for s3: he represents the double standards and hypocrosy of the masses.

One thing goes wrong in the patriot plan tho: Liquid Snake, possessing Ocelot, sends tip about Big Shell to Snake and Otacon. The patriots plan succeeds in the end, but this almost fucks up their entire exercise.

I elaborate more later. At funeral now. This is just the general gist of the setup for big shell.

wilsonda

20 years of being loyal to Playstation and they still can't refund stuff.

Sorry, we don't refund stuff, period. I don't know what the fuck their problem is, Origin and Steam I can refund everything and I can't even say I bought the wrong version please refund the money on my account so I can buy the version I wanted to buy.

FFS, Sony.

Btw, can you refund digital purchases on Xbox One ?

Pretty sure you can't ... everything is sometimes possible if you can bitch enough but I'm pretty sure neither xbox or sony have a digital refund policy

Mexen

Don't kill the birds.

Zambatoh

OuterGAF! Our new home!

You know what? I think I will use that logo. It looks better then the Venom Snake Logo at least.

MGSV-Custom-Emblem-Venom-Snake.jpg

Or I could make one starring my avatar or something.

Palpable

OuterGAF! Our new home!

The Diamond Dogs logo is always on Mother Base, but certain areas will adopt the custom emblem. Esp the FOB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom