• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.

DevilFox

It's horrible, I really hope it wasn't as bad as it sounds. KojiPro being cut off from the internet in march and Kojima being "isolated/incarcerated" to his office sounds super depressing. I hope they were able to find the motivation and passion within their team to put the final touches on the product without too much trouble. Really sucks.

I'm not too familiar with the working culture over there. If this article is true, do you think most employees affected will be seeking jobs elsewhere or will they want to stay where they are?

Probably they would stay but I'm not sure if it matters at this point. Konami is going to change business and I doubt that all employees can be relocated to mobile games / whatever they plan to do.

Kindekuma

Banned
Oh no! I just remembered...

I'm going on a family holiday to France later this month, and won't be back until late on Wednesday night (September 2nd)... so I won't get to pick up TPP from the store until the 3rd. Obviously I'm not complaining about the holiday, but shit!

How will I be able to resist reading through the OT on the journey home? :(

Pretty sure the OT will be a ghost town on release when we are all playing.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Phantom Limbs?

phantomlimbimage1.jpg

Embearded

Oh no! I just remembered...

I'm going on a family holiday to France later this month, and won't be back until late on Wednesday night (September 2nd)... so I won't get to pick up TPP from the store until the 3rd. Obviously I'm not complaining about the holiday, but shit!

How will I be able to resist reading through the OT on the journey home? :(

I won't be posting spoilers either. Have fun with your family and forget about MGS!
Family matters most!

but when you come back and start playing 2 days later than the rest of the world, expect serious damage on your FOB! :p

NeoGiff

Submerge all your electronic devices in water. Lock yourself up in the car... or something. i dunno.

I can't speak for anyone else but I definitely won't be posting spoilers anywhere.
Also if there is a spoiler thread then avoid it.
It sucks that you won't play day 1 but at least you're getting a holiday :p

Be strong brother. Forget GAF for those couple of days.

And there should be a specific spoiler thread for MGSV anyway. You can't just post spoilers in the community thread without any spoiler tags.

Pretty sure the OT will be a ghost town on release when we are all playing.

I won't be posting spoilers either. Have fun with your family and forget about MGS!
Family matters most!

but when you come back and start playing 2 days later than the rest of the world, expect serious damage on your FOB! :p

Good thoughts, all. My FOB will be safe with OuterGAF backing me, won't it? Guys?

OuterGAF, what's your favorite song used in an MGSV trailer? Mine has to be Nuclear.

STANDING......

My gut reaction would be Nuclear, but last night I watched the GDC 2013 trailer for the first time in months, and I have to say, Not Your Kind of People is an amazing song and a great pick for the reveal of the game.

brau

Nah, that shit is my jam. Like an 80s vision of the future written by Morricone and played by spastics.

Maybe i just need to listen to it more.

You know i share your love and enthusiasm for Ennio. So maybe if you its just as good, it deserves to be listened to more and appreciated. i'll add it to my playlist now.

Also... i would love to see more Ennio used in MGS. This song in particular would be very effective. but i guess when i think about it... any song by Ennio would be appropriate.

Good thoughts, all. My FOB will be safe with OuterGAF backing me, won't it? Guys?

You can count on my beard.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Maybe i just need to listen to it more.

You know i share your love and enthusiasm for Ennio. So maybe if you its just as good, it deserves to be listened to more and appreciated. i'll add it to my playlist now.

I wouldn't say it was just as good as Morricone (who the hell is?!), it just has a few of his little trademarks in there (the arpeggios, the bell, the big distorted guitar hit etc.) that I really dig.

Have you heard Joy Division's New Dawn Fades? It's got a proper Morricone-style guitar riff. You might like it. Same members as New Order (minus Ian Curtis RIP).

Also... i would love to see more Ennio used in MGS. This song in particular would be very effective. but i guess when i think about it... any song by Ennio would be appropriate.

Oh, man. That is awesome. Looking forward to hearing his work on Hateful Eight.

L33T

Banned
OuterGAF, what's your favorite song used in an MGSV trailer? Mine has to be Nuclear.

STANDING......

I'd say that Nuclear is my favourite song out of all of them used in the trailers, but the way Sins of The Father is used in it's trailer makes it my favourite.

brau

I wouldn't say it was just as good as Morricone (who the hell is?!), it just has a few of his little trademarks in there (the arpeggios, the bell, the big distorted guitar hit etc.) that I really dig.

Have you heard Joy Division's New Dawn Fades? It's got a proper Morricone-style guitar riff. You might like it. Same members as New Order (minus Ian Curtis RIP).
\

This sounds pretty good. A little more trendy in the overall sound tho. For my taste.

Oh, man. That is awesome. Looking forward to hearing his work on Hateful Eight.

Totally looking forward to Ennio in that movie. that and Kurt Russell.

Brothers and sisters!

I have a request. I made this gif from the last gameplay footage. I'm sure others made it here too. I need a favor.

URcYXFq.gif

Can someone edit in the word "banned" as the camera shifts to the soldier as if he is saying it? It would be highly appreciated

Shy

Brothers and sisters!

I have a request. I made this gif from the last gameplay footage. I'm sure others made it here too. I need a favor.

URcYXFq.gif

Can someone edit in the word "banned" as the camera shifts to the soldier? It would be highly appreciated
That would be really funny.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
The guitar sound is actually really interesting... didn't care for the singing.

Yeah, he's an acquired taste. :)

Holy cow.. where is this song from? is this a soundtrack? or just a full album? the sound is very interesting. Never heard this before.

They're an amazing Canadian band. Very Morricone inspired. About five or six albums worth of stuff. Superb live too. One of their tracks was used in 28 Days Later.

So what's the consensus on GAF are the extra's of the CE worth it or is the Day One edition good enough? I'm really torn on the matter since it's the last real MGS, but it would mean more bucks for Konami.

Brothers and sisters!

URcYXFq.gif

Can someone edit in the word "banned" as the camera shifts to the soldier as if he is saying it? It would be highly appreciated

And add Bish's face to the soldier to whoever does this please.

brau

Yeah, he's an acquired taste. :)

They're an amazing Canadian band. Very Morricone inspired. About five or six albums worth of stuff. Superb live too. One of their tracks was used in 28 Days Later.

A lot of this music is like that tho. Acquired. Except for Ennio... can't never put my finger on what it is that is so appealling.

I love love love all the 28 days later ambiance music and ost. You, sir, have excellent taste.

So what's the consensus on GAF are the extra's of the CE worth it or is the Day One edition good enough? I'm really torn on the matter since it's the last real MGS, but it would mean more bucks for Konami.

I am doing the best of both worlds :D CE and Digital. :) plus pc.

Zambatoh

Brothers and sisters!

URcYXFq.gif

I took a quick look at it in photoshop. However the frames are all garbage. Did you use Gifcam?

mf.luder

Brothers and sisters!

URcYXFq.gif

Have that poster on the wall say new thread and then put bish's face on that soldier. FOBanned

Ozium

So I replayed Jamais Vu and went to where the tapes should be but they werent there did the same w/ deja vu, same thing.. I'm pretty sure I have all the tapes on the PC version and I never got the achievement.. Those two tapes someone mentioned don't appear in any guide so I dunno where they are.. I looked at the cave entrance behind where you start

RIP

Sigfodr

Brothers and sisters!

Quick and dirty:

1idfoml.gif

Kindekuma

Banned
So I replayed Jamais Vu and went to where the tapes should be but they werent there did the same w/ deja vu, same thing.. I'm pretty sure I have all the tapes on the PC version and I never got the achievement.. Those two tapes someone mentioned don't appear in any guide so I dunno where they are.. I looked at the cave entrance behind where you start

RIP

So they're not on the coast of the Deja Vu missions, huh? Did you get the tape in the ammo building near the refugee camp in (I think) the Renegade Threat mission? The two tapes in the classified intel op? I think you get tapes from S Ranking both Deja and Jamais Vu missions as well.

L33T

Banned
Brothers and sisters!

URcYXFq.gif

I'm no master of gifs, but I tried.

eKHgH9B.gif

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member

RIP

post a list of all tapes you have

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom