• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.

L33T

Banned
Not bad! I recommend downloading the font used in the first MGS for banned. Make it red too!

CKoZ5jg.gif

MAX PAYMENT

Prediction: the quote from the latest trailer about two options, heaven or hell... is in reference to child soldiers. Allowing them to live the hell of being a soldier or killing them and sending them to heaven.... or big boss's proposed other option.... recruit them to Outer Heaven.

Javier23

Banned
Chico's Cassette Tape 1-7
Agent's Recording
Classified Intel Data
Here's to You
Resurgence
Theme of Tara
Zone of the Enders: The 2nd Runner - Beyond the Bound

Steam version.
You are missing the music tape from Jamais Vu. You can find it in the same place you found the one in Deja Vu.

Rajang

Some more info from the boot camp.

- One MGSV boot camper said after playing the game for over 30 hours his completion was at 27%

- Another recommended players take about one to two months to go through the game, because it's a game you shouldn't rush.

- Another said the mission areas are very large. & a lot of environment variety. Plains, mts., valleys, cliffs, even a fortress w/ caves

- Vehicles much harder to control when roads are wet from rain. Get emblems for Fultoning animals. Praise for the total freedom game gives you

- When the boot campers talked about a particular mission, they discovered they'd all done it differently

- Music stops after you Fulton or kill every soldier in an outpost. Very satisfying. Music starts playing at low volume when enemies are close

- When the music has stopped, it's nice hearing all the environmental noises.

- When one player interrogated a soldier on Mother Base, the soldier revealed the location of where he'd hidden diamonds

- Flies that are attracted to you because of your body odor are still there during cutscenes

- Was in a recent video,but one player liked how D-Horse runs alongside you if you whistle him while running.Doesn't slow down when you get on

JunkerHQ

Fortress with caves.

HYPE.

Alienous

Yeah, I'm getting the distinct feeling that this is a game that should be completed in a week or two at the least.

I'm going to take it slooooooowww. I'm going to take time with Mother Base, figure out strategies ahead of time, tailor my R&D towards getting certain weapons, do the side ops as I go along.

Ozium

You are missing the music tape from Jamais Vu. You can find it in the same place you found the one in Deja Vu.

Tell me, which tape is that?

Also:

So I replayed Jamais Vu and went to where the tapes should be but they werent there did the same w/ deja vu, same thing.. I'm pretty sure I have all the tapes on the PC version and I never got the achievement.. Those two tapes someone mentioned don't appear in any guide so I dunno where they are.. I looked at the cave entrance behind where you start

RIP

Are there tapes tied to S ranking them? I've S Ranked deja vu but not jamais vu

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Two months is the time I'm gonna take, with all the study I've got. Dammit.

At least it's the game that deserves it the most. The last Kojima MG. Man.

Furyous

The fortress with caves seems like a nightmare to infiltrate. This is game of a lifetime status as I will take my sweat time gaming the system to reach the desired status. This game is so big that a partial media blackout is unnecessary. Everyone has different experiences so looking at half of the media is enough to get an honest perception of the game.

Opto

Banned
Some more info from the boot camp.

Fortress with caves.

HYPE.
about that, i have a theory. That may or may not be that hanger we see in the trailers that's holding the metal gear, where Skull Face and BB are getting off the jeep together. I literally just played the main mission of Ground Zeroes again, and one of the timeline details mentions the South African government abandoning an underground nuclear testing facility, so I think at least Metal Gear's hanger is in that.

That appears to be Vastrap in the Kalahari Desert, which is spread across South Africa, Botswanna, and Namiba, so either TPP's African missions take place in that area or Africa is has more than one region to explore

wilsonda

can't wait to see Eva at some point during TPP... she hasn't been shown at all in the trailers so I am excited to see what she looks like

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
This world will become one; I have found the way. Race, tribal affiliations, national borders... Even our faces will be irrelevant. The world that The Boss envisioned will finally become a reality and it will make mankind whole again.

For those who have played Ground Zeroes on PC: who else thinks the game looks much more aesthetically pleasing when the screen filtering option is turned off? Everything, including Snake's character model, looks much more refined and crisp.

I wish there were an option to turn off screen filtering on my PS4 version. At times, it seems to take away from the detail.

Ozium

Yep, and i wary of saying earlier but, have you (Ozium) tried using your NV goggles to check for the tape. ?

LOL Yeah I was using the night vision and you guys were right it was the Jamais Vu tape but here's the weird thing.. when I went to it on Normal I didn't see it swear on me mum (Maybe I missed it but I dunno..) because I then went to Hard and it was there, exactly where I looked for it on Normal.. maybe I picked it up on normal and it glitched out or something? No idea...

anyways I got all the cassettes and the achievement now..

Zambatoh

For those who have played Ground Zeroes on PC: who else thinks the game looks much more aesthetically pleasing when the screen filtering option is turned off? Everything, including Snake's character model, looks much more refined and crisp.

I wish there were an option to turn off screen filtering on my PS4 version. At times, it seems to take away from the detail.

Given that the screen filter tends to hurt my fps consistency, I pretty much have to set it to low or off.
This and SSAO tend to be the biggest performance killers on PC.

Given that the screen filter tends to hurt my fps consistency, I pretty much have to set it to low or off.
This and SSAO tend to be the biggest performance killers on PC.

It's ironic that something intended to add an artistic flare to the game actually makes it look worse and, on top of that, demands more resources.

Who I've rescued:

Ground Zeroes:
- Escaped Prisoner (Refugee Camp)
- Chico (Prison Camp)
- Paz (Boiler Room)
- Four Prisoners (Prison Camp)

Eliminate the Renegade Threat:
- Glaz (Various locations)
- Palitz (Various locations)
- Two Prisoners (Prison Camp)

Intel Operative Rescue:
- Hideo Kojima (Complete the Mission)

Classified Intel Aquisition:
- Three Prisoners (Prison Camp)

Destroy the Anti-Air Emplacements:
- Captured MSF Soldier (Boiler Room)

Is there anybody else that may carry over to TPP? Some say to rescue Agent and Baldy from Classified Intel, others say don't bother....

Rajang

Who I've rescued:

Ground Zeroes:
- Escaped Prisoner (Refugee Camp)
- Chico (Prison Camp)
- Paz (Boiler Room)
- Four Prisoners (Prison Camp)

Eliminate the Renegade Threat:
- Glaz (Various locations)
- Palitz (Various locations)
- Two Prisoners (Prison Camp)

Intel Operative Rescue:
- Hideo Kojima (Complete the Mission)

Classified Intel Aquisition:

Destroy the Anti-Air Emplacements:
- Captured MSF Soldier (Boiler Room)

Is there anybody else that may carry over to TPP? Some say to rescue Agent and Baldy from Classified Intel, others say don't bother....

You should be good.

Don't bother with the agent or baldy.

Ozium

rescue the secret merc in the deja vu mission

dunno if it does anything but maybe it does.. why else could you extract him?

Shy

LOL Yeah I was using the night vision and you guys were right it was the Jamais Vu tape but here's the weird thing.. when I went to it on Normal I didn't see it swear on me mum (Maybe I missed it but I dunno..) because I then went to Hard and it was there, exactly where I looked for it on Normal.. maybe I picked it up on normal and it glitched out or something? No idea...

anyways I got all the cassettes and the achievement now..
Glad you got your cheevo.
Yes, rescue them.
rescue the secret merc in the deja vu mission

dunno if it does anything but maybe it does.. why else could you extract him?
Secret merc. ?

grimmiq

Oh god, I'm replaying on my PS+ version so I don't need to buy the US TPP..I forgot how fucking stupid Morpho can be..Go through AA gun Hard mode undetected, everything blown up and just need extraction..he comes in undetected, then decided instead of flying out over the ocean, flies right through the middle of the base and almost gets shot down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom