• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.

FiraB

Banned
You should be good.

Don't bother with the agent or baldy.
I'm going to take great pleasure in throwing these bastards off the side of a platform in my MB or letting them get torn apart by wolves or a bear, hell walking him off a cliff is too good a death! I do not care what the stats are because they is going to die!

Shy

Say what?
Do the mission again, and interrogate him, he'll tell you that it's to late to stop their plan, and they're free of governments, blah blah blah. You know the crap Zero believes.
when you throw a grenade into the tank to recreate that scene, if you go around the back of the tank there is a guy lying on the ground knocked out.. you can extract him. He's the only enemy in that mission that gets you the "extracted soldier" text.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=468653811
Interesting.

Rajang

when you throw a grenade into the tank to recreate that scene, if you go around the back of the tank there is a guy lying on the ground knocked out.. you can extract him. He's the only enemy in that mission that gets you the "extracted soldier" text.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=468653811

'Extracted soldier' doesnt mean anything.

What we know for certain is that POW's are carried over in TPP, including Glaz and Palitz.

I am really confused guys.

I collected all XOF patches and then the Jamais Vu mission unlocked, I am on PS4.

Also, how do I unlock the Deja Vu mission ?

VulpX

'Extracted soldier' doesnt mean anything.

What we know for certain is that POW's are carried over in TPP, including Glaz and Palitz.
I would like a source on that. We have all been theorizing about who will carry over, but AFAIK all that was ever said on the matter is something like "Some stuff will carry over". No hard confirmation of anything.

BROTHERS! Is it really almost here? Is it really less than a month left? So many years of waiting. I can't believe that this game will finally become a reallity. It's just that feeling that you are waiting for new Metal Gear, and waiting, and waiting and than realize IT IS REAL, just a few weeks and a wish came true. And the closer is 1st september, it is harder to believe and hold yourself!

I tried to avoid MGS forums and internet with potentially spoilery stuff this summer and will continue to do this until release date. Just wanted to wish a happy waiting to everyone!

Dis3ngag3d

Unconfirmed Member
Just realised - next week the OT will be made. Amazing. Who's gonna write it?

Thought OTs don't come out till the day of the game's release now.

EDIT: was right.

Proper standards for Official Threads
In the Gaming forum, Official Threads for games should be created NEW: on the day of release...

Looks like we have to wait for the OT.

Rajang

Where was this confirmed?

I would like a source on that. We have all been theorizing about who will carry over, but AFAIK all that was ever said on the matter is something like "Some stuff will carry over". No hard confirmation of anything.

Yeah, the only confirmation is for the POW's you save.

http://www.konami.jp/mgs5/gz/jp/privilege/index.php5

Extracting Glaz and Palitz (instead of killing them) is a mission objective in Eliminate The Renegade Threat, you can see it listed in the mission result screen. That's why I think they will carry over as well.

THEaaron

OMG. My vacation is actually cancelled because I have to take responsibility for some project stuff and my coworker is already in vacation by then.

FML.

Will avoid the internet until I had the chance to play this game for consecutive 5 days.

SeppOCE

Who I've rescued:

Ground Zeroes:
- Escaped Prisoner (Refugee Camp)
- Chico (Prison Camp)
- Paz (Boiler Room)
- Four Prisoners (Prison Camp)

Eliminate the Renegade Threat:
- Glaz (Various locations)
- Palitz (Various locations)
- Two Prisoners (Prison Camp)

Intel Operative Rescue:
- Hideo Kojima (Complete the Mission)

Classified Intel Aquisition:
- Three Prisoners (Prison Camp)

Destroy the Anti-Air Emplacements:
- Three Prisoners (Prison Camp)
- Captured MSF Soldier (Boiler Room)

Is there anybody else that may carry over to TPP? Some say to rescue Agent and Baldy from Classified Intel, others say don't bother....

Wait, the characters we rescue from Ground Zeroes carry into the Phantom Pain?

The way i would like to see this game end it would shift over to solid snake for the last hour or so and recreate the ending of the first metal gear game

Demoskinos

SOON.

CMX3Hh7UcAEWiJD.jpg

I dunno if this has been covered, but I have Ground Zeroes 100% complete on PS3. All prisoners extracted.

I'm getting TPP on PS4. Can I transfer this data over to
PS4 and get the rewards/staff members, or do I need to do it all again on a PS4 copy of Ground Zeroes?

Vally

I dunno if this has been covered, but I have Ground Zeroes 100% complete on PS3. All prisoners extracted.

I'm getting TPP on PS4. Can I transfer this data over to
PS4 and get the rewards/staff members, or do I need to do it all again on a PS4 copy of Ground Zeroes?

Yeah, you can transfer the data from PS3 to PS4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom