• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xanathus

Someone get Jamais Vu S-Rank and Hidden achievement for me plz k thx

Cathcart

Got all of the trophies for GZ last night, woot. So I'm still at about 78% I think on the main menu. Do I need to S rank everything on hard and do all of the trials to get to 100%?

Venom Fox

Banned
It'll go from sad to happy by the end as we should be Celebrating the evolution of Metal Gear throughout all the years instead of being sad about the future.

:(
Thats what I was thinking, it'll make us sad by showing us how far we have come. We have reached the end of an era. It'll be interesting though, this trailer. Especially considering the E3 trailer was supposed to be the last Kojima edited trailer.
I wonder why Konami greenlit him to do another?

Got all of the trophies for GZ last night, woot. So I'm still at about 78% I think on the main menu. Do I need to S rank everything on hard and do all of the trials to get to 100%?

You have to s rank everything on hard and unlock all trials. You don't have to actually complete all the trials though.

Why would they do that? cut off an entire market just for the sake of it? They could have done it like the 20th anniversary PS4's but on a larger scale. Say 500,000? and spread them out across US, EU, Japan etc.

SCEA do not do alot of bundles to begin with. Sure they are going to do destiny , star wars but they never did the Bloodborne bundle or ultimate player bundle that SCEE did

Well that's o-o-okay I guess. We can have more Destiny PS4s....

And Destiny is still the best selling new IP in the US so i can see why they did that.

lethal or non lethal for first play through ?

sure we need to play non lethal to fulton people but i won't be to fussed if i get caught and have a firefight now and then

Venom Fox

Banned

sure we need to play non lethal to fulton people but i won't be to fussed if i get caught and have a firefight now and then
A mixture of both but mainly stealth when appropriate, I feel this game will be more forgiving of a lethal playthrough based on the fact that this is supposed to be Big Bosses descent into madness.

Alienous

Just take the situations as they come. If you get caught and going lethal is you're only way out then don't exclude that option.

Otherwise you'll end up pushing yourself to restart missions because you fucked up being stealthy and tranq-ing everyone isn't an option. And Big Boss is a canon murderer, anyway.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
I prefer non-lethal/ghost personally, but with my recent run-throughs of MGS3 and PW, I've tried to be a bit less rigid.

I'll still probably opt for non-lethal runs, even if I get caught. Ideally, I'll ghost the fuckers.

@Alienous: you're a junior now?!

Shy

A Hideo Kojima Group sound good to me !
Thanks.
You mean in the OuterGAF Steam group?

"Soldiers forever loyal to the flames of war".

A reference to Big Boss's gravestone in MGS4.
That's a good one, i'll bear that in mind.
Hey Shy, I asked Duckroll about the FOB thread. You gonna ask someone else?
Dunno, i was thinking maybe asking Duckroll again. But honestly i don't know.
Someone get Jamais Vu S-Rank and Hidden achievement for me plz k thx
I could get an S for you, but not the hidden cheevo. Sorry.
I am here now guys :D
vF2rUYP.gif

Annnnnnd apparently there have been major story "leaks" posted today.
Link please.
Alright guys, time for me to hang my coat until this spoiler-storm rolls over.

See you in two weeks, stay safe outerGAF
Take care of yourself brother.

brau

Brau, the saviour of the community!

No but seriously, thanks to seeing you on Rocket league, I decided to try it out and it's one hell of a game, probably the most fun I've had in a while.

oh nice!! that game is super fun.

We should play sometime.

brau

So guys... TPP is almost out, and i am considering giving away a copy of TPP to someone in here. How should we decide who gets a copy? I am pretty sure i will give one, but considering doing 2.

What do you guys think?

So guys... TPP is almost out, and i am considering giving away a copy of TPP to someone in here. How should we decide who gets a copy? I am pretty sure i will give one, but considering doing 2.

What do you guys think?

Well, hard to know, but to those who can't afford it. I am one of them, but I am going to trade Witcher 3 and Xenoblade 3ds for MGSV at gamestop with the 9.99 program.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom