• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.

brau

Will you not be playing the PS4 version? :(
Earlier in the thread I took you up on your offer of a Rocket League, so long as you don't invade my FOB while I'm in bed lol.

i still want that Rocket League match though!

Edit: Lol why does this have to be top of the page?

I'll still play on PS4.. .and i am always up for playing Rocket League.

Just want Spaguetti to add me, so i can look at his wishlist.

Venom Fox

Banned
What are your guys thoughts on the ending being locked out of the preview event? Kind of fishy that even reviewers have to wait until release to see it :)
Team A

I'll still play on PS4.. .and i am always up for playing Rocket League.

Good, my build isn't anywhere near finished (ran out of funds) yet so I'm afraid, I'll be PS4 only until I learn to stop buying the more expensive products.

I find myself looking online and thinking "what's the point in buying the GTX 980, when I could get the GTX 980ti instead" so yep, my stupid buying habits have smashed my dreams for at least another month lmao.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
im up for some rocket league too. we can do ps4 + pc matches too now

Kindekuma

Banned
Yep. 2AM CST on PSN (midnight PST) and 1AM CST on Steam last I checked their countdown timers.

:O

NO WAY.
Okay. Well I do have fast internet at my apartment, surprisingly. I could be done before PSN unlocks. In other case I'll bring my PC to my Uni and download it super fast there and drive back, and save time that way.

What are your guys thoughts on the ending being locked out of the preview event? Kind of fishy that even reviewers have to wait until release to see it :)
Team A

I think the same.
Either that or something similar.

I am tempted to get this on PC. Just to support them. Its such a fun game.

Rocket league is incredibly fun. More fun to just watch for me since I can't get the hang of it. D:

realcZk

:O

NO WAY.
Okay. Well I do have fast internet at my apartment, surprisingly. I could be done before PSN unlocks. In other case I'll bring my PC to my Uni and download it super fast there and drive back, and save time that way.

Just double checking, at the time of this post, http://store.steampowered.com/agecheck/app/287700/
says it's unlocking in approximately 1 week, 6 days and 0 hours.

So, they arent very exact on the hours yet. Could be earlier, could be later.

Venom Fox

Banned
im up for some rocket league too. we can do ps4 + pc matches too now

I am tempted to get this on PC. Just to support them. Its such a fun game.

Spaguetti... do you have Rocket League? have you added me yet to Steam?
Xpike, I'm up for a game with, me, you, Brau and whoever else wants to jump in.
When did we get cross platform support? That's seriously good news!

Spaghetti

funnily enough, i don't have anything on my wishlist. only TPP was occupying it until i bought it.

i've decided i'm going to play through as much of the mgs series as i can. that'll last me nearly two weeks certainly.

thanks though!

JunkerHQ.net ‏@JunkerHQnet 40 s
Massive spoiler coming out of the MGSV bootcamp, folks

3f3.gif

Read thread = internet.

i have not played it that much.. but i am pretty good so far. Matches are always intense and fun.

Always intense yep, especially when you and by you I mean me ends up scoring our own goal. :p Still a lot of fun.

JunkerHQ.net ‏@JunkerHQnet 40 s
Massive spoiler coming out of the MGSV bootcamp, folks

That massive spoiler is already here too, posted by ThabtoUK

I don't think is that massive to be honest, i think people is overrreacting and they have yet to see how that exactly is explained in the game.

brau

funnily enough, i don't have anything on my wishlist. only TPP was occupying it until i bought it.

i've decided i'm going to play through as much of the mgs series as i can. that'll last me nearly two weeks certainly.

thanks though!

You don't want a copy of Rocket League? My treat. ITs fun enough to hold you out until Sept 1st guaranteed. :) and you can be more social you hermi crab and play with us. :)

Chinner, don't do this to me man :)

I'm GMT so let me know your timezones and we'll go from there! I'm on at ridiculous times anyway so anyone in U.S. Etc aren't a problem.

yep

Sounds gross.
stupid typo. ~_~

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
No Steam pre-load and not midnight release for PC (for the moment, anyway) is terrible news.

yeah, it's horrible. This means the PC version will release for most people without good internet September 2nd or even 3rd.

Nicolas Nuñez: how expensive is building and developing? If weapons are instantly built, and struts take 1 hour, how will microtransactions work?

Yong : They don't cost much GMP as much as they cost a lot of resources (minerals, etc.) Combination of both.

Less GMP worrying and more resource grinding, eh.

Venom Fox

Banned
Well, err, I just found out
how Paz
is still alive.
My lesson of the day is "don't go to Reddit if you don't wanna get spoiled"

Edit: there you go Kenz

Venom please, how many people in mgs have so
short names, your spoilertag is fucking useless.

I think I am out until I saw the end of the game on my fucking TV running on my PS4. Some of you failed the test of not spoiling the community.

Well, err, I just found out
how Pazis still alive.
My lesson of the day is "don't go to Reddit if you don't wanna get spoiled"

Can you make sure to spoiler tag a bigger region of your text, because I was able to deduce in seconds which name was covered by that small tag.

Kindekuma

Banned
How about this. Nobody fucking posts spoilers in this thread. Sound good? If you want to know so bad go look on your own, but leave others out of it.

How about this. Nobody fucking posts spoilers in this thread. Sound good? If you want to know so bad go look on your own, but leave others out of it.

I think the spoiler thread should go live asap. But yeah, please keep the spoilers far from this place. Already too many unintentional accidents taking place.

strafer

Yeah, someone make a spoiler thread so we can keep all that shit out of here.

I still would like to read this thread without being careful about spoilers.

Dineren

Banned
Sorry to cut into the middle of the hype train, but as someone who has a strong desire to play TPP at launch, but has only played the first MGS (just finished it for the first time last night). What is the best way to catch myself up to the story in time? I originally was planning on playing through the entire series, but that is probably a pretty tall order with less than two weeks to go. Would it be enough to play through 3, PW, and GZ?

I'm still kind of leaning towards trying the entire series, but even though I have quite a bit of free time in the next couple of weeks it seems like I would need to rush to get them all done and I'd rather not do that my first time through.

Venom Fox

Banned
Can you make sure to spoiler tag a bigger region of your text, because I was able to deduce in seconds which name was covered by that small tag.

Venom please, how many people in mgs have so
short names, your spoilertag is fucking useless.

I think I am out until I saw the end of the game on my fucking TV running on my PS4. Some of you failed the test of not spoiling the community.

Did you guys not watch the E3 2015 trailer? What's the problem? I edited the text by the way.
We have discussed the trailer before, seriously, what spoiler did I post? I could have said everything that I read but didn't, I referenced the E3 trailer and said don't go to reddit.

Just so you all know, I would never, EVER, post any form of spoiler in here.
What spoilers? i still to see one. lol
Thanks Brau, I didn't post a spoiler, I just said don't go to reddit.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
Sorry to cut into the middle of the hype train, but as someone who has a strong desire to play TPP at launch, but has only played the first MGS (just finished it for the first time last night). What is the best way to catch myself up to the story in time? I originally was planning on playing through the entire series, but that is probably a pretty tall order with less than two weeks to go. Would it be enough to play through 3, PW, and GZ?

I'm still kind of leaning towards trying the entire series, but even though I have quite a bit of free time in the next couple of weeks it seems like I would need to rush to get them all done and I'd rather not do that my first time through.

two weeks is more than enough for MGS3 and GZ, but with that time Peace Walker is probably better seen as a movie. You should probably just watch the massive twitch marathon going on.

You could rush through MGS3, PW and GZ with a guide perhaps. If you don't have time to rush/don't want to rush through and you want to play TPP on Day 1 then you can catch up on the story through the well edited MGS movies on youtube.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom