• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alienous

12 days. After 3+ years I can't risk seeing spoilers.

Argh, this sucks.

So I think this is bye, OuterGAF.

big_boss_salute_by_reaper759-d4be3mf.png

Good luck to those that are staying.

Anth0ny

Sounds like I'll be downloading the PS4 version digitally to play at midnight. Not waiting for Steam. $74.99 CAD ; _ ;

Just in case you guys missed it, greg miller is uploading lets plays of MGSV starting THIS SUNDAY. Yep, SUNDAY.

https://twitter.com/GameOverGreggy/status/634047442967597056

I'm going to have to unplug my internet.

There has to be a catch.

why would they allow this for a such a story driven title? how does this benefit anyone?

I stand by my assumption that this is all an elaborate troll on kojima's part. all of the journalists are playing a fake build and the REAL game is going to be delivered on september 1 as a day 1 patch. just watch.

Hey guys currently doing a ps4 Spotify playlist with songs only relegated to the 1980's for TPP so you can play the game while listening to your favorite tunes. Here's a sample of the playlist

http://open.spotify.com/user/noctisvsstar/playlist/2mgLalb8QpoLvB5gdsPSO7

If you want songs added please posts your suggestions so i can add them. Remember in order for this to appear on your ps4 Spotify press follow.

Update: Almost 40 songs on deck keep the suggestions coming.

Shy

Can one of you lovely people do me a favour please.
Could one of you with twitter please tweet at Rob, and ask him when TPP unlocks for the UK, is tied to US time or is it when it turns midnight here, like NZ. ?

Hey guys currently doing a ps4 Spotify playlist with songs only relegated to the 1980's for TPP so you can play the game while listening to your favorite tunes. Here's a sample of the playlist

http://open.spotify.com/user/noctisvsstar/playlist/2mgLalb8QpoLvB5gdsPSO7

If you want songs added please posts your suggestions so i can add them. Remember in order for this to appear on your ps4 Spotify press follow.

Update: Almost 40 songs on deck keep the suggestions coming.

You should really add Omega - The Girl With Pearl's Hair. Such an awesome song. Would make awesome trailer music too.

Loakum

Banned
JunkerHQ.net ‏@JunkerHQnet 40 s
Massive spoiler coming out of the MGSV bootcamp, folks

Gee...I step away from the internets for just a moment and....I was thinking I may go dark this Sunday....but after reading that message. I may go Crispy-Dark as of today. Yeah, it's time to bail like hell.

Mifec

Whoever decided to not let us preload on steam is literally unfit to breed, if he has children I hope the never breed and spread his/her stupidity.

Guess the game releases at 7pm + an extra 14h for download for me then.

Gee...I step away from the internets for just a moment and....I was thinking I may go dark this Sunday....but after reading that message. I may go Crispy-Dark as of today. Yeah, it's time to bail like hell.

Outer-gaf is still safe. (◕ ヮ◕)

Reviews might start coming from Sunday then. Even Greg Miller said something like the LP's will be his review.

Mifec

Oh shit apparently you can VPN the game to download it earlier since it unlocks the earliest in NZ. Downloading the game on the 31st it is then.

Mifec

YAY FOR EARLY VIDEO GAMES!

>at my gf's place in Switzerland until the 28th, come home at 3am on the 29th (coming home after 2 and a half months of traveling)
>massive party on the 29th
>100%ing GZ with a legendary hangover on the 30th
>dling TPP and playing TPP on the 31st/1st

life is good friends.

I'm out. Well, till I get my hands on the game, that is. At least, I'll try to be.

Dammit. Guess there is only one way to be sure:

See you on the other side.

There is ALREADY an spoiler thread?!?! Ok...I'm officially...dark.

That's an chance I shall not wager. See ya'll on the other side of September 1st.

well, i'm bailing out until the game is finished for me.

might poke my head into the pc specific threads.

See you on the other side brothers.
salute.gif

I'll have to go dark from Sunday I guess. Funny thing it's not the game leaking that made us go dark as I had thought it would.

MattyG

Banned
Just saw a couple tweets that made it sound like Greg Miller spoiled something. Looks like I'm avoiding all MGS related links for a couple weeks, and probably being very careful in general.

Good luck everyone.

Ugh, fucking greggy. Doesn't help that Kinda Funny's my go-to for gaming podcasts.

Anyways, I wish I still had a PS2, so I could prepare myself to mentally dive back into the '80s by playing Vice City. Guess I'll just have to start marathoning '80s movies, instead.

brau

Ugh, fucking greggy. Doesn't help that Kinda Funny's my go-to for gaming podcasts.

Anyways, I wish I still had a PS2, so I could prepare myself to mentally dive back into the '80s by playing Vice City. Guess I'll just have to start marathoning '80s movies, instead.

Vice City... such an amazing game.

The spoiler was considered confirmed because someone read it on 4chan...... It's just a predictable cool late game feature that may or may not be true.
Nothing they hasn't been speculated before, and not about Solid Snake or anything like that. you might be able to guess from my description.
Source sounds like shit though.

I still don't get why he is allowed to host a let's play when Konami has actively tried to avoid any leaks. Publicity is guaranteed but at the cost of potentially spoiling fans.

Edit: fixed some mistakes

Error1355

Well guys. I'm out to avoid spoilers. Don't let the thread burn down to the ground.

Avoiding them on GameFAQs is gonna be hellish too. Ugh.

brau

Konami doesn't but I hope the LP'ers do care to avoid huge spoilers. Ah who am I even kidding. :[

This must be the darkest timeline.

well.. i know that Robert, Tora and Su are always super nice and attentive to us. But this kind of PR is totally not up to them. Its up to Konami. What Konami says goes i guess.

Thats why we got that trailer that was not even Kojima directed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom