• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.

Venom Fox

Banned
4chan just salty they can't enter the giveaway. Brau is the fucking man

4chan plebs stalking this thread.

Brau, you can use modbot to do the giveaway.

Why not a modbot powered raffle?
Why what are they saying? Cheeky bastards.

Brau, your amazing man, the Modbot idea is good, but alas, it's up to you and do what you think is right,

Edit: Seen your post above, why not do that idea someone had last page then?
Let people in here tell you their story about metal gear and how it is apart of their life?

brau

Alright... let do this.. you guys post reasons or stories. add a picture from ms paint for all i care. Then we'll put a poll and vote for fun. We'll pick the best stories.

Lets give a deadline of tomorrow. I'll buy the copies and hand them out tomorrow evening... or Friday morning.

Yay? Nay?

Venom Fox

Banned
Alright... let do this.. you guys post reasons or stories. add a picture from ms paint for all i care. Then we'll put a poll and vote for fun. We'll pick the best stories.

Lets give a deadline of tomorrow. I'll buy the copies and hand them out tomorrow evening... or Friday morning.

Yay? Nay?
Yay!

Yay? Nay?

Sounds good to me Boss. Extend the deadline to a day more though, so people can put their thoughts out properly in whichever medium they see fit.
Deadline should end with the TPP release counter reaching 10:00:00, for the 10 copies given away. Or not, that's upto you.
t1441065600z0.png

We can begin our thread countdown after your giveaway as well.

brau

Sounds good to me Boss. Extend the deadline to a day more though, so people can put their thoughts out properly in whichever medium they see fit.
Deadline should end with the TPP release counter reaching 10:00:00, for the 10 copies given away.
t1441065600z0.png

We can begin our thread countdown after your giveaway as well.

Alright. lets do this as the deadline.

pahamrick

Yay? Nay?

Yay, I say.

Going to spoiler this in case of the worst but it regards the original phantom pain trailer and the medic from ground zeroes

So I'm rewatching all the trailers starting with the original trailer from moby dick studios. There is a part where BB and guy are under a hospital bed and a person is shot in the head in front of them, is it me or is his face almost the exact same as the medic?

Kindekuma

Banned
Going to spoiler this in case of the worst but it regards the original phantom pain trailer and the medic from ground zeroes

So I'm rewatching all the trailers starting with the original trailer from moby dick studios. There is a part where BB and guy are under a hospital bed and a person is shot in the head in front of them, is it me or is his face almost the exact same as the medic?

It probably is, just reusing assets.
We're not supposed to see the medic's face so KJP could get by just using his model again later on.

I think there's a few guys in that trailer who look the same. Ground Zeroes is full of guys who look alike so it's not really surprising that they did back then.

Vally

Just finished watching Metal Gear Scanlon Ground Zeroes... it never occurred to me to use the truck to extract Paz but he just made it so easy

Tcab96

Yay? Nay?

Yay!

Severance

Its hard to believe we're less than two weeks away, the hype is real. I've been a fan of MGS since the MGS PS1 release. Its funny to think now that the story of Big Boss has eclipsed the story of Solid Snake, at least for me. I find Big Boss to be a much more interesting character. I wonder at what point Kojima knew he was going to make MGS about Big Boss as much, if not more than Solid Snake. Snake Eater is my favorite in the series by far, and its hard to believe Phantom Pain won't be the series' zenith.

Yay? Nay?

Do we post stories/reasons here, or in another thread?

Shy

Alright guys.. here is the deal... Sept 1st is almost here... i am super duper excited. Like really excited... i just gave away like 4 copies of TPP to people in the last few days... you all know about it.

Right now i just got a bonus for my work here... I want to celebrate my bonus, and Kojima.. by treating a few more people with copies of TPP. I think i will give away 5 more copies.

I might add 2 more to the giveaway thread as well.

Why am i giving away my money? I wish i had the chance to be part of a community like this when i was younger. I always experienced MGS by myself with my brothers.... but never like this. This will be the first MGS i experience with GAF and i am darn excited to make it epic. What does this mean? That i want people to have the means to play the game, because in my mind, anyone that is a fan and has been a fan deserves to play this game day 1. Also.. i have found amazing people i am proud to call friends here, and i am just so happy that i got to be involved in here. A place that sure has drama, but overall. Its an amazing community. People support each other. So yea...

Thats all... so ping me up people... and i'll start giving away copies :)

#WeAreDiamondDogs
PRAISE THE BRAU.
6TVyApz.gif

*sigh* i'm not trying to be rude, but why are you putting tags on a 3 year old trailer that everyone in here has seen many times over. It's very silly.

The first time I got involved with Metal Gear was with MGS 2. A friend was showing to me, and I was in awe. I did a research into the series, and 3 is where I got hooked on the series. I loved the music, story and characters. I remember me and my friend would often have CQC battles in open public to see who would get the upper hand on the other. those were some good times.

"Unlike in VR training, you can punch while in first person view."

I didn't remember this line, so I thought it was funny that there was yet another reference to MGS1 as Raiden's VR training that I had missed until now.

Venom Fox

Banned
Please someone help, I posted something in the spoiler thread and edited it to say "Fuck it DM" and there's 3 pages of people hunting me down.

All I was gonna say is everyone should go to reddit for the source lmao.

Please someone help, I posted something in the spoiler thread and edited it to say "Fuck it DM" and there's 3 pages of people hunting me down.

All I was gonna say is everyone should go to reddit for the source lmao.

LINK THEM TO IT, i've browsed reddit all day and i've seen nothing new.

Did you not get my PM? I posted the link in the spoiler thread.

Yeah i got it, sounds fake AF, like every single 4chan screencap posted on reddit, there's a compilation of them and all of them confirmed fake.

At this point i have'nt seen a single spoiler 100% confirmed, the only thing that people is taking as a massive spoiler it's 99% a missunderstanding of a part of the game.

I don't think we'll get any kind of spoiler from the bootcamp, we'll sure be getting them towards the weekend when some retailer in the UAE breaks the street date like every single game this year. lol

It's very suspicious to me that those carbon-looking spikes bursting through the ground sending Snake on a vehicle chase in the most recent trailer look an awful lot like the spike protruding from his skull.

Coincidence?

knioLKH.png

Venom Fox

Banned
Yeah i got it, sounds fake AF, like every single 4chan screencap posted on reddit, there's a compilation of them and all of them confirmed fake.

At this point i have'nt seen a single spoiler 100% confirmed, the only thing that people is taking as a massive spoiler it's 99% a missunderstanding of a part of the game.

I don't think we'll get any kind of spoiler from the bootcamp, we'll sure be getting them towards the weekend when some retailer in the UAE breaks the street date like every single game this year. lol
Ah fuck, I forgot to post you the second one. Got take a look in the spoiler thread.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
It's very suspicious to me that those carbon-looking spikes bursting through the ground sending Snake on a vehicle chase in the most recent trailer look an awful lot like the spike protruding from his skull.

Coincidence?

knioLKH.png

sand raiders confirmed

Venom Fox

Banned

Coincidence?

knioLKH.png
I thought it was known that
Godzilla makes an appearance
and battles with the new metal gear?

Coincidence?

knioLKH.png

Could be one of the hallucination trips BB'll have through the game. It does seem like he's driving away from something though, maybe a boss?

Tcab96

Coincidence?

knioLKH.png

I hope it's an actual person causing this. The way I imagine a boss fight going down with someone capable of this is great.

This being my first metal gear, aside from Ground Zero, I want my fill of boss fights I've only watched on youtube. They look spectacular.

Opto

Banned

Coincidence?

knioLKH.png

I thought the same. Maybe BB had too much of the Phantom Cigar

grimmiq

Just finished watching Metal Gear Scanlon Ground Zeroes... it never occurred to me to use the truck to extract Paz but he just made it so easy

Vehicles tend to make things a lot easier as they don't go on alert if they can't see the driver..If you can get inside one of the APCs without a guard noticing you, you can pretty much drive wherever the hell you want in full view of the guards, but will make them suspicious if you hit anyone/anything.

In response to everyone's response to my last post, thumbs up, dudes.

But I've had this hypothesis bouncing back and forth in my head for a while now: the spike protruding from Big Boss' skull resembles that of pure carbon (graphite).

s13.JPG

And, as should be common knowledge, diamonds are formed from pure carbon (see reference below).

uesc_02_img0112.jpg

There's a missing link here that I believe to be relevant to the plot in TPP, but I'm just not quite sure what it is. I'll get back with you on this developing hypothesis in 11 or so days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom