• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.
well.. i know that Robert, Tora and Su are always super nice and attentive to us. But this kind of PR is totally not up to them. Its up to Konami. What Konami says goes i guess.

Thats why we got that trailer that was not even Kojima directed.

Yeah that's why I don't hold anything against them or the guys handling all the twitter accounts. Can't do much when you have to follow stupid orders. :/

Here's a list of places to go to avoid TPP spoilers:

We're safe for now, at least till Sunday.

Rajang

Yep, I don't know why I clicked but I read it, pretty awesome. Though I kinda expected that anyway :D

Vally too weak, can't resist.
leuhkikcskn4.gif

Choomp

Banned
Just saw a couple tweets that made it sound like Greg Miller spoiled something. Looks like I'm avoiding all MGS related links for a couple weeks, and probably being very careful in general.

Good luck everyone.

Did he spoil something? :O I love the guy but I don't know if I'll watch those lets plays, 2 weeks before is pretty early.

MattyG

Banned
Did he spoil something? :O I love the guy but I don't know if I'll watch those lets plays, 2 weeks before is pretty early.
I don't know for sure, I didn't look into it any further for fear of seeing something. I just saw like 3 or 4 tweets saying he did (though maybe they were referencing the fact that he's going to be doing LPs for the next two weeks and probably spoiling things in those).

Opto

Banned
Whoever decided to not let us preload on steam is literally unfit to breed, if he has children I hope the never breed and spread his/her stupidity.

Guess the game releases at 7pm + an extra 14h for download for me then.

jesus, dude

I don't know for sure, I didn't look into it any further for fear of seeing something. I just saw like 3 or 4 tweets saying he did (though maybe they were referencing the fact that he's going to be doing LPs for the next two weeks and probably spoiling things in those).

He didn't spoil anything today but the tweets are about him probably spoiling with this LP.

Armaly

So a week or two ago a friend linked me to a pic of some 80s Phantom Pain posters that were on sale at a convention. Anyone know where I can buy a couple?

Woffls

I think today is blackout day. Bailing on twitter, metal gear threads, all gaming websites, twitch and YouTube (except GameTrailers). Just not worth it for only two weeks after all this time. I should be looking for a job anyway.

J.EM1

Been reading some of the tweets. Sounds like this game will take time, lots of it.

Don't think I'll be playing any other game until late next year. lol

I think today is blackout day. Bailing on twitter, metal gear threads, all gaming websites, twitch and YouTube (except GameTrailers). Just not worth it for only two weeks after all this time. I should be looking for a job anyway.

It'll get worse tomorrow, because they're making progress in the game.

Kindekuma

Banned
It'll get worse tomorrow, because they're making progress in the game.

Everyday now there's some kind of drama.

Today with the leaks from the bootcamp, the throw down in the OT yesterday, the massive amounts of fake leaks from the day before. I fear for the rest of the 12/13 days.

HEY EVERYONE IF Y'ALL NEED TO AVOID THE INTERNET BUT STILL WANT TO KEEP IN CONTACT THEN THERE IS A SPOIL-FREE TELEGRAM CHAT WE HAVE

We can make something to accommodate everyone as not to lose the camaraderie. Just reply to me and I can figure something out if you're interested.

Everyday now there's some kind of drama.

Today with the leaks from the bootcamp, the throw down in the OT yesterday, the massive amounts of fake leaks from the day before. I fear for the rest of the 12/13 days.

It'll be just 11 days in 3 hours.

We're so close. I can almost see my copy. Stay strong outer-gaf.

Venom Fox

Banned
Define awesome.
it made me EXPLOSIVE SUPER MEGA HYPED LIKE A GOAT ON STEROIDS AND CRACK GETTING FULTONED AT 3000 MILES PER HOUR AWESOME.
Yep, I don't know why I clicked but I read it, pretty awesome. Though I kinda expected that anyway :D
Pretty awesome? Come on Vally, admit your pumped at what you just read.
Just started playing this too, I'm in if its happening
The more the merrier!

Venom Fox

Banned
I am strong. I won't read it.

:>
Raj don't, just get hyped knowing that what me and Vally know is fucking amazing and your better off not knowing what's in store for you when you play the game!

Honestly don't read it, I'm not bothered about those kind of spoilers so I'm ok, but trust me when I tell you, your better off not knowing just yet.

Embearded

I wasnt expecting story spoilers with those news from MGI, so I'm going to disappear now like a Phantom...

See you all after finishing the game, or on Steam with spoiler free chat!

Ahhh, shit guys. I went in to the Spoiler thread. I didn't see anything, but the fact that I went in once means I'll go in again.

So I need to bow out as well. I'll see you guys when the game is out. I can't let three years of waiting to get ruined this close to the finish line.

Stay vigilant!

MajorTom

Everyone that is leaving:
Good luck with everything, it's been an honour having you around. I'll be sticking around no matter what but I completely understand why people would want to leave.
Hopefully you all return once you have finished TPP, it would be great to discuss the game with you.

pahamrick

Looks like it's safe in here again.

So, question since I couldn't find anything on it: When invading an FOB, the goal is to get to the 'core'. Is the location of the core static, or can it change? I would imagine having a static core would make it much easier for people to stack their defenses around it.

LowParry

-incoming codec-

"This is CcrooK. What's the situation at NeoGAF?"

"The KGB was a sham. Two of our leading officers were caught and it seems now the local authorities have taken control of the spoilers."

"Spoilers?"

"Yes. It's been drawn to our attention that they have been released. In the year 2012, we were first shown our first glimpse of what seems to be a highly anticipated game. But we were fooled. Our operative Joakim was nothing more than a double agent. We should of been prepared for this. But we have bigger problems now with the Corporation known as Konami."

"Mrrrr. So what do we do now?"

"Simple. We still have our orders. Lay low until it is time to meet at the rendezvous point on September 1st. From there you are to access the Steam code and then bypass into the PS4 system to use Online. We will be able to see our fellow soldiers."

"Got it."

"Do not trust anyone or any threads. Our lives depend on this and you are to remain on blackout."

-end transmission-

Yeah they sneakily showed off the dive roll in the fob demo.

Looks like it's safe in here again.

So, question since I couldn't find anything on it: When invading an FOB, the goal is to get to the 'core'. Is the location of the core static, or can it change? I would imagine having a static core would make it much easier for people to stack their defenses around it.

Not sure, but it looks like you have a start strut and end strut and up to two between. You can only place up to 8 guards on each strut, and you might want them near the start to find the intruder sooner rather than later if you're going to be joining in to defend.
Each FOB might have multiple cores that the invasion can happen at, one for each platform type (r&d, support etc), but I'm not sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom