• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.

grimmiq

Must be a problem with the CODEC.

Anyone going all digital with this? I prefer to have them on my HDD now that I'm extra lazy.

I'll be going digital, this year every game that I think I'll spend more than 50 hours playing has been digital..Bloodborne, Witcher 3, Metal Gear 5, Persona 5.

MrS

Banned
I'll be going digital, this year every game that I think I'll spend more than 50 hours playing has been digital..Bloodborne, Witcher 3, Metal Gear 5, Persona 5.
Bloodborne or Witcher: which did you prefer/think is a better GOTY contender?

grimmiq

Bloodborne or Witcher: which did you prefer/think is a better GOTY contender?

As much as I loved the setting and mechanics of Bloodborne, I enjoyed Witcher 3 more as a whole. That being said I finished Bloodborne 4 times and Witcher 3 only once, but mostly because I'm waiting on the expansion pass DLC.. That and 1 playthrough of Witcher 3 took about the same time as 4 of Bloodborne >.>.

GOTY Nods will go to Witcher 3, simply because of the story and different difficulties appealing to more people.

I want Kojima to make Eone of Znders next.

I want him to make a Parasite Eve remake.

I wonder if Kojima will direct an episode of 'The Strain'

Edit: Going to place my pre-order at gamestop in about an hour and I hate myself for that, but whatcha gonna do when you have no money.

Guys, has Outer Ops been mentioned even once for MGS5?
Do we assume it has been replaced with the FOB system?

I think in FOB video it was mentioned that you could sent your troops on PW style missions.
And then there are missions that can be played as other soldiers (like PW).
And then there are FOBs.

I guess the game has it all. I'm at work atm so I can't rewatch the video.
p.s. guess I abandoned the thread too early seeing how it's spoiler-free here. I like it that way

mf.luder

This just popped into my head, do you think BB becomes a drug addict? All the hallucinations and stuff (those that don't exist, whether skull face is always in the flesh and blood). That would be quite the taboo to tackle.

I think in FOB video it was mentioned that you could sent your troops on PW style missions.
And then there are missions that can be played as other soldiers (like PW).
And then there are FOBs.

I guess the game has it all. I'm at work atm so I can't rewatch the video.
p.s. guess I abandoned the thread too early seeing how it's spoiler-free here. I like it that way

Yep that's right, just rewatched the thing. This game just literally just has everything.

CM1vx_MVEAAGoPi.jpg:orig

CM1vx_OUkAAL9OJ.jpg:orig

That jacket is rad as hell. And so is Kojima.

Vally

This just popped into my head, do you think BB becomes a drug addict? All the hallucinations and stuff (those that don't exist, whether skull face is always in the flesh and blood). That would be quite the taboo to tackle.

Not very likely imo since there's no drug use in the Australian rating

MGSV-The-Phantom-Pain-Australian-Rating.jpg

MajorTom

This may or may not be a spoiler because I can't remember where I heard it
The shrapnel in his head apparently causes hallucinations
Or maybe I didn't hear it anywhere, I can't remember.

raven777

A French magazine has already reviewed the game, 17/20 (not posting the review since they're scans)

yea people are freaking out with that score.

Not too surprised since they were one of the few review outlets who were quite negative about the game during the preview event.

I'm really hoping that what we've seen so far of this game is just a glimpse, and that there is tonnes that we haven't seen - I'm hoping for a few more locations, nothing quite as big as tanker / plant though I suppose :p

mf.luder

I rewatched one of the trailers and it looked like it could've showed the functionality of goats. They are blocking the road, forcing the truck to stop and allows BB to climb into the truck undetected.

I mean it could've been coincidence but didn't it come out that you could call in goats for distraction? Maybe this is part of it too?

Alright guys.. here is the deal... Sept 1st is almost here... i am super duper excited. Like really excited... i just gave away like 4 copies of TPP to people in the last few days... you all know about it.

Right now i just got a bonus for my work here... I want to celebrate my bonus, and Kojima.. by treating a few more people with copies of TPP. I think i will give away 5 more copies.

I might add 2 more to the giveaway thread as well.

Why am i giving away my money? I wish i had the chance to be part of a community like this when i was younger. I always experienced MGS by myself with my brothers.... but never like this. This will be the first MGS i experience with GAF and i am darn excited to make it epic. What does this mean? That i want people to have the means to play the game, because in my mind, anyone that is a fan and has been a fan deserves to play this game day 1. Also.. i have found amazing people i am proud to call friends here, and i am just so happy that i got to be involved in here. A place that sure has drama, but overall. Its an amazing community. People support each other. So yea...

Thats all... so ping me up people... and i'll start giving away copies :)

#WeAreDiamondDogs
Is entering giveaway thread is the only thing that one can do?
Or is there more? I don't know like PM you or spam your Twitter account? :)

edit: nevermind I read the thread one more time and get it

Snake Soup has clarified what caused his "spoiler" tweet the other day.

The black bar is to cover a spoiler in my tweet, THE SPOILER IS UNCOVERED IF YOU CLICK ON THE TWITTER LINK!

58262KV.jpg

http://twitter.com/thesnakesoup/status/634133944410075136

So basically, a third-party source, anonymous to us, informed Snake Soup that someone on Twitch was talking about an unnamed Phantom Pain spoiler.

Snake Soup didn't know what the spoiler was and didn't have any proof of the the actual spoiler taking place.

I'll leave you to think of this what you will.

The spoiler Snake Soup was talking about is the one that came from a 4chan screenshot, the same guy was randomly playing GZ on twitch and started talking about it and claiming stuff. The spoiler itself is absolutely hilarious and of course, fake.

I know we are very afraid to be spoiled but people are completely losing their minds over everything, until the game leaks somewhere and we have proof of it we won't be getting 100% confirmed spoilers.
Mods should really lock the spoilers thread, it does'nt help and gives the trolls more motivation to keep posting.

btw, lol
nSURRy4.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom