• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.

brau

Alright guys.. here is the deal... Sept 1st is almost here... i am super duper excited. Like really excited... i just gave away like 4 copies of TPP to people in the last few days... you all know about it.

Right now i just got a bonus for my work here... I want to celebrate my bonus, and Kojima.. by treating a few more people with copies of TPP. I think i will give away 5 more copies.

I might add 2 more to the giveaway thread as well.

Why am i giving away my money? I wish i had the chance to be part of a community like this when i was younger. I always experienced MGS by myself with my brothers.... but never like this. This will be the first MGS i experience with GAF and i am darn excited to make it epic. What does this mean? That i want people to have the means to play the game, because in my mind, anyone that is a fan and has been a fan deserves to play this game day 1. Also.. i have found amazing people i am proud to call friends here, and i am just so happy that i got to be involved in here. A place that sure has drama, but overall. Its an amazing community. People support each other. So yea...

Thats all... so ping me up people... and i'll start giving away copies :)

#WeAreDiamondDogs

Venom Fox

Banned
Alright guys.. here is the deal... Sept 1st is almost here... i am super duper excited. Like really excited... i just gave away like 4 copies of TPP to people in the last few days... you all know about it.

Right now i just got a bonus for my work here... I want to celebrate my bonus, and Kojima.. by treating a few more people with copies of TPP. I think i will give away 5 more copies.

Why am i giving away my money? I wish i had the chance to be part of a community like this when i was younger. I always experienced MGS by myself with my brothers.... but never like this? This will be the first MGS i experience with GAF and i am darn excited to make it epic. What does this mean? That i want people to have the means to play the game, because in my mind, anyone that is a fan and has been a fan deserves to play this game day 1. Also.. i have found amazing people i am proud to call friends here, and i am just so happy that i got to be involved in here. A place that sure has drama, but overall. People support each other. So yea...

Wow your amazing Brau, I hope you realise that! Truly, I do not have words to express how kind you are!
I won't be pinging up lol as I'm on PS4, but I hope some people get a copy and are really appreciative of what you have done for the community!

ALL HAIL BRAU, KING AND SAVIOUR OF OUR COMMUNITY!
You truly are our shining light! Thank you friend!

pahamrick

Not sure, but it looks like you have a start strut and end strut and up to two between. You can only place up to 8 guards on each strut, and you might want them near the start to find the intruder sooner rather than later if you're going to be joining in to defend.
Each FOB might have multiple cores that the invasion can happen at, one for each platform type (r&d, support etc), but I'm not sure.

Makes sense, I hope that's the case. It would make both invading and defending feel more dynamic if you don't know exactly where the end goal is in the end. It's one of the reasons I really liked the invasion hacking mechanic in Watch_Dogs.

Why am i giving away my money? I wish i had the chance to be part of a community like this when i was younger. I always experienced MGS by myself with my brothers.... but never like this. This will be the first MGS i experience with GAF and i am darn excited to make it epic. What does this mean? That i want people to have the means to play the game, because in my mind, anyone that is a fan and has been a fan deserves to play this game day 1. Also.. i have found amazing people i am proud to call friends here, and i am just so happy that i got to be involved in here. A place that sure has drama, but overall. Its an amazing community. People support each other. So yea...

#WeAreDiamondDogs

nTSbZOV.jpg

#WeAreDiamondDogs

<3 Brau. Come to my base in TPP!

#WeAreDiamondDogs

Props you to again Boss. You're the coolest person I've seen online.

KojimaThumbsUp_zps3e7a4dfc.png

#WeAreDiamondDogs
even though i already bought the game, and wont participate on the giveaway, props for doing this. amazing generosity. hopes whoever wins, has a lot of fun

Venom Fox

Banned
So, err guys. I kind of took what I learned from Reddit and posted it in the spoiler thread for everyone and now I seemed to have created a new theory. :/

#WeAreDiamondDogs

Thank you, Brauther! Where can I participate?

Wvrs

That moment when you see that MGSV comes out before the butter in your fridge expires.

So very close. When this game was first alluded to with TPP teasers and GZ I was still in high school. Since then I've made it halfway through University, fallen in love, had my heart broken, travelled some of the world, fallen in love again, had the best times with friends, but this game has always been something to look forward to.

Been saving my holiday days at work all summer so from the 1st to the 5th I can take time off and literally get paid to play this game. Bring it.

Kazuhira

All these mgsv threads,jesus..i´m so nervous.
This is it brothers,our final moment is almost here!! Let´s say farewell to Metal Gear with this masterpiece.

Venom Fox

Banned
Haha just roll with it :p
Obviously it wasn't mine but if the theory is true
then it's fucking amazing and adds another dimension to why Big Boss goes crazy.

Guys, the words in spoiler brackets aren't spoilers, they don't mention anything to do with spoilers or what the theory contains, we are safe in here, I marked the words just in case anyone felt like they couldn't come in here and I obviously don't want that to happen as we are all a family.

BrrnugT

Welp, I'm not the most social guy here on OuterGAF, but the time has been golden, I'll see you all on the other side
big_boss_salute_by_reaper759-d4be3mf.png

Edit. I'm terrible at posting pictures on mobileGAF

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
Why do you hate PC Konami.

just set your vpn to new zealand

also spoiler thread seems dangerous. dont put it past some random dick to come in here and commit account suicide just for teh lolz too, so i may be out

-Deimos

just set your vpn to new zealand

also spoiler thread seems dangerous. dont put it past some random dick to come in here and commit account suicide just for teh lolz too, so i may be out

I usually don't bother with VPNs and just wait it out, but I might have to make an exception this time.

brau

Wow your amazing Brau, I hope you realise that! Truly, I do not have words to express how kind you are!
I won't be pinging up lol as I'm on PS4, but I hope some people get a copy and are really appreciative of what you have done for the community!

ALL HAIL BRAU, KING AND SAVIOUR OF OUR COMMUNITY!
You truly are our shining light! Thank you friend!

based brau

Seriously, I think Brau just made my eyes fill up, a brilliant example of the kindness that is sadly lacking in today's society.

You could say...he's pretty good.

Makes sense, I hope that's the case. It would make both invading and defending feel more dynamic if you don't know exactly where the end goal is in the end. It's one of the reasons I really liked the invasion hacking mechanic in Watch_Dogs.

nTSbZOV.jpg

<3 Brau. Come to my base in TPP!

You're actually amazing Brau. Such a great member of this community

Props you to again Boss. You're the coolest person I've seen online.

KojimaThumbsUp_zps3e7a4dfc.png

even though i already bought the game, and wont participate on the giveaway, props for doing this. amazing generosity. hopes whoever wins, has a lot of fun

Thank you, Brauther! Where can I participate?

brau you are too nice, tell me your flaw. Do you kill and eat children?

I think I'll participate too. Missed the other giveaways.

needless to say that you're awesome.

Probably his wife too.

You're too cool of a guy.

Brau is a legend.

I dunno yet how to organize this giveaway. Any thoughts? If you go sign up to this there are now 4 copies that will be given away. 1 by the owner Enter The Dragon Punch, and i am giving 3.

I am giving 2 copies to JunkerHQ for them to give away as well. I will give 5 copies here. That is a total of 10 copies. I don't think it'll be enough for everyone. But we'll figure it out.

L33T

Banned

#WeAreDiamondDogs

Damn Brau, you're a true brother.

I dunno yet how to organize this giveaway. Any thoughts? If you go sign up to this there are now 4 copies that will be given away. 1 by the owner Enter The Dragon Punch, and i am giving 3.

I am giving 2 copies to JunkerHQ for them to give away as well. I will give 5 copies here. That is a total of 10 copies. I don't think it'll be enough for everyone. But we'll figure it out.

10, welp.

You could ask those interested to talk about their metal gear story about how they became a fan, if the games have affected them in anyway etc. See their stories and decide whom you think is a fan and could use the copy.

If nothing else the MS Paint contest idea still stands. :p

#WeAreDiamondDogs

Brau is da man, vote 4 president. pls.

brau

Yea... i saw that...

Just to make it clear. The people i have given away stuff i hardly talk to. I don't do it for the attention, or to make friends. I have plenty from this thread already without spending money. And in real life i have an amazing family and work place.

This is just to celebrate Kojima and the game.

Guess its a waste of time to address that kind of posts. Specially from Anonymous sources. eh?

pahamrick

Yea... i saw that...

Just to make it clear. The people i have given away stuff i hardly talk to. I don't do it for the attention, or to make friends. I have plenty from this thread already without spending money. And in real life i have an amazing family and work place.

This is just to celebrate Kojima and the game.

Guess its a waste of time to address that kind of posts. Specially from Anonymous sources. eh?

Don't let it get you down brau.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom