• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.
X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
keep in mind that french magazine gave Watch_Dogs a 19/20. they arent exactly the most credible source

keep in mind that french magazine gave Watch_Dogs a 19/20. they arent exactly the most credible source

tumblr_n8unp6Y3qH1r9g4gho1_250.jpg

Henkka

Banned
Wasn't there a Kojima quite about this game being about showing not telling? Showing the fall of Big Boss through actions, not words. That could explain the light story.

Wasn't there a Kojima quite about this game being about showing not telling? Showing the fall of Big Boss through actions, not words. That could explain the light story.

He's said that Snake's thoughts will come out via his actions and facial expressions rather than words. It was said when he revealed Kiefer Sutherland as the new voice.

Gonna be amazing.

Metal Gear Informer are there and they said it's missing the ending.

Well, the press group have retail copies at least, so our section will see the endings. We're homebound tomorrow with the same discs we've been playing on and our save files will be on USBs. I imagine many of us won't finish the game at the studio but rather on Saturday when we're home. The set up between the studio and home is the same, playing retail games on retail PS4s.

Slowdive

Banned
Well, the press group have retail copies at least, so our section will see the endings. We're homebound tomorrow with the same discs we've been playing on and our save files will be on USBs. I imagine many of us won't finish the game at the studio but rather on Saturday when we're home. The set up between the studio and home is the same, playing retail games on retail PS4s.

Ah, thanks for the info!

Venom Fox

Banned
FWIW, we're playing off retail copies at the LA Boot Camp.
So are the guys playing yesterday and today, they explicitly said "we will not see the ending until the game is out"
Metal Gear Informer are there and they said it's missing the ending.
Yeah, nearly everyone reviewing it has said the same.
I already answered above, but take into consideration there are ways to lock out the ending until release for example "a day one patch". Around five reviewers said they won't see the ending due to it not being in the review copies.

If Konami has Locked out the ending for so many others, so spoilers can't be leaked, why would they give you the opportunity to see it? Can you see how that doesn't make sense? The only way you could see it, is if they have unlocked it on your end when you get home? I don't know what to beleive anymore lmao.

Anyway, after the disappointment of a review from the French mag, especially what they say about missions, they say they are repetitive and the story is at a bare minimum in terms of story telling.
Have you found this? Or is their review a bit harsh.

Xanathus

I can't imagine the ending to MGS 5 being super shocking or a cliffhanger since it's a prequel and Kojima is gone, if anything the real spoilers would be what happens during the game rather than at the end.

I can't imagine the ending to MGS 5 being super shocking or a cliffhanger since it's a prequel and Kojima is gone, if anything the real spoilers would be what happens during the game rather than at the end.

True, but Kojima did say that he was going to retcon the story somewhat with this game.

Probably changed it enough to get a satisfying and not predictable ending.

brau

Maybe during my break today i will go see if i can get a copy of anything like that. I know Toys R Us usually breaks release dates haha.

Tcab96

pahamrick

I don't like what I am reading in the other thread, but well, that was kinda expected. Will wait for more impressions.

I think anyone that enjoyed Peace Walker will like Phantom Pain. I think anyone that tends to enjoy open world sandbox games and enjoyed Peace Walker will love Phantom Pain.

If you disliked Peace Walker and aren't fond of Open World sandbox games, well.....

I think anyone that enjoyed Peace Walker will like Phantom Pain. I think anyone that tends to enjoy open world sandbox games and enjoyed Peace Walker will love Phantom Pain.

If you disliked Peace Walker and aren't fond of Open World sandbox games, well.....

I don't have the problem with those at all.

brau

I can't wait to do this and explore more creative ways to take out enemies. I need this game right now.

Wait, really? They break street date? There's one near me... Might need to check it out.

Thats from my experience. I think i got Halo 4, RE6 and a few others like this haha. I'll try my luck. if not i'll order the hard cover guide.

Still waiting to see if there will be some art book.

pahamrick

http://i.imgur.com/NXrkw4F.gif
I really think it's going to be a polarizing title when all is said and done, not that it's a bad thing. There are fans who hate certain Metal Gear games but still play them because its Metal Gear. I'd like to think anyone who enjoyed MGS3's style gameplay will feel at home in TPP, even if the motherbase stuff doesn't resonate with them.

I don't have the problem with those at all.
Right on.
6JKMfAo.png

Thats from my experience. I think i got Halo 4, RE6 and a few others like this haha. I'll try my luck. if not i'll order the hard cover guide.

K-Mart / Sears Essential was always my go to play for broken street dates. Shame they've transitioned out of video games. I remember when Transformers: War for Cybertron released, the local kmart had it on shelves a week and a half prior to launch.

Tcab96

Let us know how that goes. If you get it, I might try my luck. I neeeeeeed it.

brau

Let us know how that goes. If you get it, I might try my luck. I neeeeeeed it.

If i get one, there is no way i will open it hahaha. I will put it on my desk at work, and stare at it every time i get a chance. If i get the game... holy cow... i dunn even know what i would do.

If i get one, there is no way i will open it hahaha. I will put it on my desk at work, and stare at it every time i get a chance. If i get the game... holy cow... i dunn even know what i would do.

You're like the Joker then, I knew there was something wrong with you.
Kappa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom