• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.
Btw. the gamestop I was in today to pre order already had the copies, I saw both day one and the collectors edition.

But they don't break street dates those assholes.
They're not assholes for not breaking the street date, but for their prices.

So NOW we will start getting real spoilers, not so much about the story since the guide should have been controlled to avoid them but content related, sure.

MrS

Banned
The official release date is the same as the game, it seems the guide doesn't have many story spoilers anyway according to the Amazon description.
Mission names and how to complete them will drop huge huge hints. As will a character directory/bestiary of sorts.

Yen

Tell you what m8s, I've been playing the Witcher 3 the past month and it is bloody massive, both in size of the map and length of the game. I'll be exhausted if MGSV is similar.

Kojima on Twitter:

"MGSV TPP launch trailer is pretty much done, just need little more adjustment. Here's the monitor shot."

CM2TPriUYAAiqZa.jpg:large

Bonus, pretty awesome fan art:

CM2WkNfUcAAe4ax.jpg:large

Gun Animal

Btw. the gamestop I was in today to pre order already had the copies, I saw both day one and the collectors edition.

Wait, they had collector's editions? I thought those were online only?!

Venom Fox

Banned
Hi guys, just wanted to apologise for causing yesterday's spoiler thread meltdown. I seriously don't understand why everyone thought I had secrets about the game, I just posted what I found on Reddit, the stuff from Reddit got deleted by a mod who said that the info came from twitch and snake soup had verified it as real.

Anyway moving past that fuck up, if anyone gets the game early will you be streaming? If you do, do it on Ustream not Twitch as you'll be banned quicker than Keifer Sutherland can say Keptyouwaitinghuh? Ustream are known to be more relaxed about breaking street date and when GZ leaked it took hours for streams to go down, it was minutes for Twitch.

Vally

Anyway moving past that fuck up, if anyone gets the game early will you be streaming? If you do, do it on Ustream not Twitch as you'll be banned quicker than Keifer Sutherland can say Keptyouwaitinghuh? Ustream are known to be more relaxed about breaking street date and when GZ leaked it took hours for streams to go down, it was minutes for Twitch.

Yep, I will be streaming

Speaking of which, maybe we should add a column in the OuterGAF spreadsheet for our twitch/ustream accounts?

Venom Fox

Banned

Can you not find a crack head in the street or something and tell him to go steal the copies and he can keep half? lol

Yep, I will be streaming

Speaking of which, maybe we should add a column in the OuterGAF spreadsheet for our twitch/ustream accounts?

If you have a streaming device, y'all should stream on hitbox, it has by far the best quality and nobody gives a damn there about release dates.

Gun Animal

I don't think so. They had like 5 or 6 of them only though.
Damn... I've got the Collector's pre-ordered on Amazon, but I live in Hawaii and I don't want to wait a whole week so I've got the day one pre-ordered at gamestop as well. If I could secure the Collector's at Gamestop early that would save me 45 bucks.

Anyone have experience with this? If I know a gamestop has copies of the Collectors but they won't allow reserving, what do I need to do to ensure that I get one of them? It'll be a rolling release at my Gamestop, meaning they'll start selling it around 6PM August 31st, Hawaiian time.

Damn... I've got the Collector's pre-ordered on Amazon, but I live in Hawaii and I don't want to wait a whole week so I've got the day one pre-ordered at gamestop as well. If I could secure the Collector's at Gamestop early that would save me 45 bucks.

Anyone have experience with this? If I know a gamestop has copies of the Collectors but they won't allow reserving, what do I need to do to ensure that I get one of them? It'll be a rolling release at my Gamestop, meaning they'll start selling it around 6PM August 31st, Hawaiian time.

https://www.gamestop.de/Xbox One/Games/32038/metal-gear-solid-v-the-phantom-pain-collectors-edition

here you could pre-order it.

You could ask you local gamestop if they have any, you can preorder there if you want to.

Anth0ny

there's no way I'm going on twitch from now until September 1. no fucking way.

anyways, on act 5 of my MGS4 replay. I should be done that by the end of the week, leaving me just over a week to platinum Ground Zeroes. I've never platinumed a game before, but now is the time.

by the time that's done, TPP will be upon us :)

MajorTom

anyways, on act 5 of my MGS4 replay. I should be done that by the end of the week, leaving me just over a week to platinum Ground Zeroes. I've never platinumed a game before, but now is the time.

Unfortunately there is no platinum :(

I'm watching the OHN marathon on twitch, I just made sure to close the chat first.

Vally

Another review:

Another french magazine review just leaked :

17/20 as well
Pros : most content-filled MGS
A true open World
the partner system
a well balanced gameplay
all around freedom

Cons : disappointing graphics
Characters can't evolve enough ( as in gameplay mechanics)
50 hours to tell very little ( :-(( )
repetitive situations
Thematics are barely scratched ( :-(( )

raven777

man.... really disappointing reviews. Time to cancel all 3 of my preorders. :p

But I am really worried about too little cutscenes. I loved MGS4 cutscenes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom