• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.

Palpable

I don't think there is anyone who doesn't do that dive when the helicopter crashes.
Why is that? It's like everyone I've ever seen play that mission dives to the ground like a mile away from the actual crash haha.

Because

giphy.gif

Mexen

Wow. 10 years. I was in college then. I remember getting home and checking Gametrailers and IGN like I usually do. Watched it and knew right then I needed to buy a PS3 just for the game. /the power of the MGS series. lol

It was the first PS3 game I bought.

JayEH

MGS4 was one of the reasons I bought a PS3 as well. I think it might have been the first game I bought though I had other games before it.

Kindekuma

Banned
I watched that demo earlier today actually. I highly doubt the C4 had anything to do with the helicopter going down.

It didn't!
I had the same suspicion a while back so I rewatched the clip over and over. It's not the C4. You have to be 'aiming' to detonate the C4, and Snake was running away when the explosion went off. So, the collision itself between the helicopter and jeep is what caused the explosion itself. I guess just adding C4 was a fail-safe just in case the jeep didn't actually collide with the chopper itself.

Loakum

Banned
KrMkl.gif

This still blows my mind. Kojima Productions are goddamn wizards. It's such a shame MGSV will be their last game.

RIP :(

Better to leave out like Michael Jordan with the last shot to win a 6th championship, than to leave out like Michael Jordan on a weak Washington Wizards team a step or two slower. MGS is leaving out on the top of their game. I rather see that happen than for it to become Assassin's Creed...a soulless shell of it's former self.

Palpable

KrMkl.gif

This still blows my mind. Kojima Productions are goddamn wizards. It's such a shame MGSV will be their last game.

RIP :(

RIP? You know full well that Kojima is going to open up another studio and continue making games. Guess who's going to be developing said games? His team, which will clearly follow him wherever he goes. KP is only dead in name.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
RIP? You know full well that Kojima is going to open up another studio and continue making games. Guess who's going to be developing said games? His team, which will clearly follow him wherever he goes. KP is only dead in name.

I wouldn't be so sure about that. He said in an interview last year that he might want to take some time off and write a novel or something.

Error1355

Ah, monday morning. My last day of the work week with Tue/Wed off. lol

Gonna put more time into Ground Zeroes and constantly re-watching trailers... >_>

MajorTom

Okay I know it's been done to death but it really stick out to me. I just replayed ground zeroes........they really go out of their way to hide the medics face. He even turns his head away from the camera for certain shots. He's got to be more important than he seems on the surface.

Error1355

Okay I know it's been done to death but it really stick out to me. I just replayed ground zeroes........they really go out of their way to hide the medics face. He even turns his head away from the camera for certain shots. He's got to be more important than he seems on the surface.

I'm pretty sure someone modded the PC version of the game to show his face. Didn't appear to actually be anyone of note?

brau

They make it a big deal to hide the choppers pilot face too. :O

brau

Considering how expensive they hyped Kiefer to be?

Maybe they just didn't think a few extra lines would come in cheap, little did they know. Now they have it so that BB doesn't speak much. They had to cut his dialogue so that they would not run out of money.

Maybe they just didn't think a few extra lines would come in cheap, little did they know. Now they have it so that BB doesn't speak much. They had to cut his dialogue so that they would not run out of money.

well if skullface va was being genuine in his interview its like everybody won't speak much

Mexen

credits

Konami as Big Boss
Konami as Ishamel
Konami as Quiet
Konami as Eli
Konami as Skullface
Hideo Kojima as Konami
Konami as Himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom