• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.
And a tip for PW. Don't bother trying to get a high rank with your first playthrough of the vehicle missions. Just bring lethal weapons and destroy everything/everyone. If you want to get a higher rank just replay it later when you have better weapons and items developed. The sneaking suit is also very important if you want to S rank some of those vehicle mission, you unlock that after you fight the attack chopper.

This.

Getting S-rank for the multi-star vehicle missions, etc, are an exercise of patience that requires all the right tools. It requires repetition and practice.

Venom Fox

Banned
R.I.P Strafer.

I'm so pumped for this game, one thing I want to know though.
Have they retconned Outer Heaven to be in the ocean instead of in Africa?

It's just that I can't help but feel like the metal gear base that we seen in the Nuclear trailer is OH,
but then that'd mean we would have to build another base in Africa after we'd already spent time and effort building an offshore DD base.

What's the likelihood that everything we put into the DD base gets transferred to OH?
Because come on, we can't have 2 bases destroyed and lose everything and start again with OH.

MajorTom

R.I.P Strafer.

I'm so pumped for this game, one thing I want to know though.
Have they retconned Outer Heaven to be in the ocean instead of in Africa?

It's just that I can't help but feel like the metal gear base that we seen in the Nuclear trailer is OH,
but then that'd mean we would have to build another base in Africa after we'd already spent time and effort building an offshore DD base.

What's the likelihood that everything we put into the DD base gets transferred to OH?
Because come on, we can't have 2 bases destroyed and lose everything and start again with OH.

I reckon this is Outer Heaven
dxi7xNQ.jpg

Venom Fox

Banned
I reckon this is Outer Heaven
dxi7xNQ.jpg
That's what I meant, it's got to be, it fits with the general canon of the storyline, in the trailer you can see rocks at either side of the fortress indicating that it's underground.

In the last OT I had a theory about the base being owned by Cipher.
This was based on what Ocelot says to BB about the weapon to surpass Metal Gear in Africa.

Big Boss and Skullface team up to take over the base and BB obviously kills SF and takes over the base, naming it OH.
Somehow I imagined the base we build becoming Outer Heaven.
This is what I fear, if I'm wrong about the base in Africa being OH then that would mean that the DD base becomes OH.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
That feel when your favorite games creator is listed above Gabe Newell ;)

2015-05-1620_26_24-na67ssg.png

You guys, be careful. Some of these are more than likely placeholders. During the breakdown you can see differences from the pitch to first pass animation.

For example, the video says hosted by Kumail Nanjiani, whereas in the breakdown it says hosted by Joel McHale

0n6KPBR.png

buyVSR8.png

A lot of these names listed are likely placeholders until the outlet can confirm final bookings. In which case the production house will have different slides that can be dropped in and out for the final show.

i am on #teamplaceholdertext

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
We'll definitely see vehicles and i'm almost 100% sure they won't be bossfights. In GZ you can fight an armoured vehicle that was in peace walker and it's easy to destroy. Also, there are helicopters in both the kojima rescue mission and raiden snatcher mission that are serious pushovers.

Also, in one Afghan demo the player blew up a helicopter with a fulton balloon attached to a car and as you said in Africa they destroyed a chopper there too,

Yup to all this.

Mexen

That's what I meant, it's got to be, it fits with the general canon of the storyline, in the trailer you can see rocks at either side of the fortress indicating that it's underground.

In the last OT I had a theory about the base being owned by Cipher.
This was based on what Ocelot says to BB about the weapon to surpass Metal Gear in Africa.

Big Boss and Skullface team up to take over the base and BB obviously kills SF and takes over the base, naming it OH.

This is what I fear, if I'm wrong about the base in Africa being OH then that would mean that the DD base becomes OH.

Skullface as a boss? I dunno why that just gave me goosebumps.

Sn4ke_911

Dude i really REALLY hope SF is not just someone we see for a few minutes.

He seems like such an interesting character to me that i really hope he's a major part of TPP but he maaaybe might not, his VA James Horan said he "can't remember" what lines and what he recorded etc. and it was fairly short ...this makes me a bit sad but at the same time it shows that we've seen NOTHING of MGSV's actually story yet and this makes me damn excited.

He seems like such an interesting character to me that i really hope he's a major part of TPP but he maaaybe might not, his VA James Horan said he "can't remember" what lines and what he recorded etc. and it was fairly short ...this makes me a bit sad but at the same time it shows that we've seen NOTHING of MGSV's actually story yet and this makes me damn excited.

The true ennemy is Cipher ! He will pay, we will get our revenge !

Mexen

He seems like such an interesting character to me that i really hope he's a major part of TPP
but he maaaybe might not, his VA James Horan said he "can't remember" what lines and what he recorded etc. and it was fairly short ...this makes me a bit sad but at the same time it shows that we've seen NOTHING of MGSV's actually story yet and this makes me damn excited.

So much this! Yeah, that few lines thing is a real bummer. I'm gonna ask this because I've not kept up with the preview.

Have the lucky people previewing TPP met up with SF yet? If they haven't, then it's possible he appears later on in an episode and could still be some sort of boss, or he makes an early apperance, disappears in the background but still controlling stuff, plot twist and then you face him on the battle field idk... I just want the guy to play a significant role in the game too.

Sn4ke_911

So much this! Yeah, that few lines thing is a real bummer. I'm gonna ask this because I've not kept up with the preview.

Have the lucky people previewing TPP met up with SF yet? If they haven't, then it's possible he appears later on in an episode and could still be some sort of boss, or he makes an early apperance, disappears in the background but still controlling stuff, plot twist and then you face him on the battle field idk... I just want the guy to play a significant role in the game too.

The gaming media who was at the preview event are not allowed to say anything about the story yet, the embargo lifts on June 9th but honestly i'm a bit scared, yes i want to see and hear more about MGSV but at the same time i waited for this game sooo long that i really don't want anything major spoiled.

So i will watch and read about the Afghanistan gameplay but i will stay faaar away from the beginning, i really don't want the hospital spoiled.

Mexen

The true ennemy is Cipher ! He will pay, we will get our revenge !

I wanna break his spine and put him in a wheelchair.

The gaming media who was at the preview event are not allowed to say anything about the story yet, the embargo lifts on June 9th but honestly i'm a bit scared, yes i want to see and hear more about MGSV but at the same time i waited for this game sooo long that i really don't want anything major spoiled.

So i will watch and read about the Afghanistan gameplay but i will stay faaar away from the beginning, i really don't want the hospital spoiled.

Phew! The speculation continues! All aboard!!! I'll check a vid or two out on Monday. Being on mobile is such a chore for me.

realcZk

Guys, I'm going nuts. GIVE ME MORE PREVIEWS!!! September can't arrive soon enough.

Witcher 3 should give me my open world exploration fix for a while though, help ease the pain.

Mexen

You guys ever get "genre fatigue" if you play two or more games in similar genres in relative succession?

I know the games are different but I'm afraid of getting open-world fatigue if I were to play Witcher now esp since I tend to drag out my playthroughs and explore heavily.

But I guess there's plenty of time till September.
Gonna need to race or button mash in a fighting game all of august :p

You guys ever get "genre fatigue" if you play two or more games in similar genres in relative succession?

I know the games are different but I'm afraid of getting open-world fatigue if I were to play Witcher now esp since I tend to drag out my playthroughs and explore heavily.

But I guess there's plenty of time till September.
Gonna need to race or button mash in a fighting game all of august :p
Definitely. I get burned out on a lot of open world games, especially now that every other game is open world.

Right now I'm playing Bloodborne and I think when I'm finished with It I will need a break from games altogether. Lol ( Bloodborne is not open world but I just mention it cause it's wearing me down)

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member

If i rember right, a couple of guards in GZ can be overheard talking about Skullface carrying some kind of single-shot gun. That screams of boss fight foreshadowing to me.

I've got a feeling he's a decoy villain. If so, maybe when we beat him non-lethally we can get him as a buddy.

Mexen

If i rember right, a couple of guards in GZ can be overheard talking about Skullface carrying some kind of single-shot gun. That screams of boss fight foreshadowing to me.

I've got a feeling he's a decoy villain. If so, maybe when we beat him non-lethally we can get him as a buddy.

Yeah, those vibes are undeniable.

SF buddy would be cool. He'd tag alone on my rampage playthroughs.

PHOTOSHOP

you guys think Kojima be cool with modding TPP? Be cool if TPP be a mod friendly game

Be nice to see a Battle Royale mod like on ARMA3 but in Fox Engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom