• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks everyone for tuning in to the stream, laughs and good times were had.

Also, IP there is a chance there might be real weapons in the game... just wait.

If there isn't, that will suck but I'll get over it.

Nick_C

Okay OuterGAF, I need some help. I bought MGS Peace Walker a while back for Vita, as the non-AC!D PSP outings were the only two in the series I haven't played. For some reason Konami decided that the HD remaster on Vita could do without the updated PW, thus leaving the PSP version the only way to play on the handheld.

My problem is that the PSP version wasn't developed with the foresight of the Vita and its second analog stick. To put it bluntly, I think these controls are terrible. I really want to be able to play this, but I just can't do it. Not with this button layout anyway. Has anyone found a way to "streamline" the controls to better suit the second stick?

So far the best solution I've come up with is the Shorter layout with the face buttons mapped to the right analog. The downside to this is the fact that all actions are mapped to the d-pad, in turn making awkward to play.

It'd be much appreciated if any of you could come up with some better recommendations.

image.php

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
Okay OuterGAF, I need some help. I bought MGS Peace Walker a while back for Vita, as the non-AC!D PSP outings were the only two in the series I haven't played. For some reason Konami decided that the HD remaster on Vita could do without the updated PW, thus leaving the PSP version the only way to play on the handheld.

My problem is that the PSP version wasn't developed with the foresight of the Vita and its second analog stick. To put it bluntly, I think these controls are terrible. I really want to be able to play this, but I just can't do it. Not with this button layout anyway. Has anyone found a way to "streamline" the controls to better suit the second stick?

So far the best solution I've come up with is the Shorter layout with the face buttons mapped to the right analog. The downside to this is the fact that all actions are mapped to the d-pad, in turn making awkward to play.

It'd be much appreciated if any of you could come up with some better recommendations.

you can play it on vita
just map the second analog to the dpad

Error1355

These next four or so months of waiting feeling this hyped is going to be terrible.

After the massive buildup I've had for MGS 2, 3 (mostly these two) and to a lesser point 4 I stopped really... following pre-release info or paying attention to the buildup to any games until a week or so before release. As I'd go insane beforehand.

This one is driving me nuts already as I've paid way too much attention now. >_>

LowParry

These next four or so months of waiting feeling this hyped is going to be terrible.

After the massive buildup I've had for MGS 2, 3 (mostly these two) and to a lesser point 4 I stopped really... following pre-release info or paying attention to the buildup to any games until a week or so before release. As I'd go insane beforehand.

This one is driving me nuts already as I've paid way too much attention now. >_>

If you let other games take over your MGS hype, life is pretty good ya know? :D Though if you've been paying attention on the Gaming side, E3 is going to be potentially very interesting.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
KrMkl.gif

This still blows my mind. Kojima Productions are goddamn wizards. It's such a shame MGSV will be their last game.

RIP :(

Auctopus

I still hope that they'll open up their own studio now. But yea, it's unlikely :(

I'm making an assumption here but I just can't see that not happening. You don't make these sort of games unless you have a real passion. The only reason they wouldn't sign with Sony/MS (or another backer) is because they have the means to go independent. I just can't see them thinking "Well, we had a nice run."

Kojima has too many ideas.

Men...I'm going to love the times in TPP where Sins of father sounds...

Only listening to this advert of Wired make magic to me, which have another fragment not seen in the E3 trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foGqHhUuXa8

What on Earth goes through some people's minds?

Kazuhira

CFKadyMUEAAF8Y5.jpg

Woo! My first S Rank. The one retry is due to the tank fucking blowing up too close to Kojima and killing him. <_<

Great job man,i still can´t finish raiden´s mission with S rank(hard)
Even with no combat alerts/kills etc i always get A rank for some reason.

J.EM1

10 years ago today we got our first teaser of MGS4, now we are on the brink of the last Metal Gear.

Truly an end of an era.
Wow. 10 years. I was in college then. I remember getting home and checking Gametrailers and IGN like I usually do. Watched it and knew right then I needed to buy a PS3 just for the game. /the power of the MGS series. lol

Nick_C

you can play it on vita
just map the second analog to the dpad

I've had it on Vita since they released along side the HD versions of 2&3. My problem with just mapping the dpad to the right analog is that I have to take my thumb off of it to hit square. I'll just have to get used to the shooter layout with the face buttons mapped to the dpad.

Thanks though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom