• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I would give to experience Snake Eater for the first time.
Me too.

Meanwhile:
DbTcy6u.jpg

I have not liked MGS2 until now.
I've played MGS1 on PC in 2000 and finished it multiple times (and never seen Otacon ending, lol). Later I totally forgot about Snake.
When I bought PS2 I played San Andreas, TimeSplitters 2, WRC4, GT3, Burnout 2 & 3 and God of War.
And when I was looking for something new to played I've stumbled upon MGS3 and I was like "hey! I played MGS some time ago and it was good!" :)
This is my Best Game Ever till then so when I finally played MGS2 I was dissapointed: the story wasn't that awesome compared to Snake Eater, the graphics wasn't so awesome compared to Snake Eater and Raiden wasn't that cool like Naked Snake.

But now I liked it a lot maybe because I've played it just after MGS1 and appreciate its upgrades. Raiden is badass, Snake is a legend, I feel sorry for Rose and I need scisorrs 61!

Houndi101

Welp, I think I'll return to Ground Zeroes today, last time I played it I completed it on normal with S-rank
Has there any info what you need to do to get the PP bonuses?
Badges and prisoners atleast I assume?

Welp, I think I'll return to Ground Zeroes today, last time I played it I completed it on normal with S-rank
Has there any info what you need to do to get the PP bonuses?
Badges and prisoners atleast I assume?

Collect the agent prisoner in the AA guns mission, and anyone not wearing a hat in the others.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Amazing, someone took Shinkawa's Sniper Wolf concept art and made the same with Quiet.

9247_screenshot4.jpg
CFrJ1XeWAAA9Oxi.jpg

Palpable

Collect the agent prisoner in the AA guns mission, and anyone not wearing a hat in the others.

What? You mean the Finger & the Eye?

Also, if one throws the Finger at the Eye, would that be considered fingering the eye? Or what about if you toss the Eye at the Finger? That's eyeing the finger, right... right? Guys?

Rajang

A co-worker of mine whom I hung out with on our off day this past Thursday had only played MGS1 and MGS2 back when they came out. I let him borrow GZ and I watched him play through it. Then showed him the E3 2014 and Gamescom demos of TPP. I've reeled him back into the series. He's super excited for TPP now, so much so that he ordered the MGS HD collection and wants to replay MGS1 & 2, and experience MGS3 and PW in prep for TPP.

b4yatfsciaapkfxpnof7.jpg

Embearded

Oh wow, I just imagined that. Lol. Oh, that's a good one, would creep an SO out but I approve!

It seems that i can't isolate vocals with Audacity.... might try again later but its too damn hard to keep only the whisper and get rid of music...

Skullface

Is anyone else's experience with Witcher increasing their hype for Phantom Pain? Anyone playing on PC hoping for Big Boss skin mod?

Mexen

Aww yis Member status

Dude! Congrats!

It seems that i can't isolate vocals with Audacity.... might try again later but its too damn hard to keep only the whisper and get rid of music...

Why not record the beginning of the game. Right before the start of the "dun dun duuun..." Press R2 or one of the shoulder buttons. She'll whisper "Snake Eater" Actually, mess around with button presses to affect visual effects.
Look it up to confirm but I'm certain pressing a should button always evokes a "Snake Eater" so if done at the beginning, you have no music to worry about.

Skullface

i feel like CDPR has perfected the open world for me. so it will be interesting to see how i will react to TPP open world now

I wasn't really expecting much seeing that know nothing of the series outside of III. But it's probably the comfiest open world game I've ever played, and I'm only 3 hours in. 2 of those hours were spent replaying the beginning of the game because of the suspend game save corrupt bug on the XBone version.

What? You mean the Finger & the Eye?

Also, if one throws the Finger at the Eye, would that be considered fingering the eye? Or what about if you toss the Eye at the Finger? That's eyeing the finger, right... right? Guys?

I've sent some V Fingers to your fingerDroid, take a good poke.

The mixtape bros can also be extracted.

Embearded

Aww yis Member status

You feel it too, don't you? :D
Gratz mate!

Why not record the beginning of the game. Right before the start of the "dun dun duuun..." Press R2 or one of the shoulder buttons. She'll whisper "Snake Eater" Actually, mess around with button presses to affect visual effects.
Look it up to confirm but I'm certain pressing a should button always evokes a "Snake Eater" so if done at the beginning, you have no music to worry about.

Yeah i thought that too and i'll do it in the morning, but i need to hook the TV audio out to PC audio in and record it. It's with R1 and i have to find a couple of seconds with complete silence during the intro or at the very end, i'll mess with the game files and search for it...

Vally

Awesome interview i just joined haha, but i don't have much time for now... :/

Same here, I don't have much time now so I'll watch it tomorrow. Earlier I tuned in for a bit and Quinton was saying that he would like to see Yong doing a naked cartwheel lol

Doing an MGS3 play through now and didn't know that the M1911 didn't shoot tranq darts and that Snake still had the Mk22... I think I just killed a lot of people.

Edit: I claim this page.

Mexen

Just woke up but that interview will have to wait until my brain's fully booted.

You feel it too, don't you? :D
Gratz mate!

Yeah i thought that too and i'll do it in the morning, but i need to hook the TV audio out to PC audio in and record it. It's with R1 and i have to find a couple of seconds with complete silence during the intro or at the very end, i'll mess with the game files and search for it...

Cool stuff! Also, is the chrous The Boss talking to Naked Snaked? Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom