• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mexen

Need advice guys, just got my new Samsung Micro SD card for my phone and i am thinking of chaning ringtone and sms tone. I'm gonna put Nuclear as my ringtone and i want something from the MGS universe as an sms tone.
Before that i had the classic codec for ringtone and ration usage from MGS1 for sms.

What do you suggest?

Alert tone for sms
!

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
I've actually used the nice Policenauts tones from the opening of MGS1 when it shows the Konami logo as a ringtone for years. It loops perfectly and isn't an obviously noticeable video game reference that would embarrass me in some situations.

Ooo that's a great idea. I love that little theme.

J.EM1

I've heard people with that noise or the codec ring out in the open. We IMMEDIATELY have a lot more to talk about.
Funny story. I was at the court house assisting litigants when I heard a codec ringtone. My head immediately snapped to that person's direction. Pointed to him and said, "Metal Gear?" Litigant laughed and nodded.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
looks like the bike in-game is called "Venom" and will be ridden by Snake.

Venom is based on the Bonneville T100 ridden by character Snake in Metal Gear Solid V, and was created in-house by the Triumph team. There are no mirrors, speedo, or rev counter, and it wears aggressive go-anywhere Continental TKC80 tyres, while the stock saddle has been cut down and refinished in Sneaking Suit neoprene and carbon Kevlar leather, inspired by Snake’s combat wear. A heavy duty ammo rack loops around the back of the saddle, offering both protection and somewhere secure to bolt down an extra case or two of rounds.

A yellowed-out JVB Rumbler headlight and external heavy-duty fork springs give an aggressive dimension to the front end, exaggerated by the lack of front mudguard. At the rear, the cut-down guard and exclamation mark tail-light add to the individuality of the machine, while colour-coded calipers and cam cover are stand-out details. Venom also gets Tiger off-road footpegs, a Renthal performance sprocket, machined throttle body caps and Triumph sport levers, and stencilled matte black Diamond Dogs livery.

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/news/2015/may/triumph-unveil-venom-custom-bonneville-/

Rajang

Hopefully they can snag an interview with Robin Atkin Downes and maybe, just maybe Kiefer someday.

Oh yeah, I'd love to see an interview with Atkin Downes. I think he is a great VA and he was absolutely hilarious in the Déjà Vu mission. Where he imitates all the voices of different characters.

I remember this guy at work that heard my codec call ringtone and said "you´re awesome"
It was a pretty cool surprise tbh.

I had a similar experience once when my customer's phone started to ring and it was Time Scar from Chrono Cross. That one was pretty uncommon enough to make me wayyyy too excited.

Rajang

From what we've learnt about TPP, what's got you guys the most excited?

Not really one thing. The fact that it's pretty much Peace Walker 2. But also:

Fulton.

Every base building aspect from PW being in the game even mini games like Outer Ops, but more advanced and better implemented.

The incredible gameplay from GZ in the huge world of TPP.

The open world. You get so much freedom in the way you can approach missions. Most other open world games have a huge map where you can get lost in but the missions are always very linear. MGSV's approach is so much better, you get so much more freedom. You can be very creative and finish missions in so many different ways. GZ proved that already, just like at this video for example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDHVwCSMn1A
And that's just one mission. TPP is going to be 100 times larger and will have hundreds of Camp Omega's and a wide variety of different missions and locations.

Alot of different vehicles for transportation: choppers, jeeps, tanks, horse, motorcycle
:>
and even a mini Metal Gear.

The tapes. I loved them in Peace Walker, they add alot of backstory. And now we can listen to them while playing the game, and we can even collect 80's music.

All the little game details that we got in recent impressions, it's just too much to list.

And obviously the story, going full circle. BB's descent into madness, with alot of inspiration from books like 1984 and Moby Dick + Hideo Kojima's writing=
G6Jag1I.gif

Mexen

I've heard people with that noise or the codec ring out in the open. We IMMEDIATELY have a lot more to talk about.

Lmao. I understand completely! Been there.

It's A Hideo Kojima Game
Serious answer, it's length means lots to do. That excites the shit out of me. I'll prolly play this game for months.

Not really one thing. The fact that it's pretty much Peace Walker 2. But also:

Fulton.

Every base building aspect from PW being in the game even mini games like Outer Ops, but more advanced and better implemented.

The incredible gameplay from GZ in the huge world of TPP.

The open world. You get so much freedom in the way you can approach missions. Most other open world games have a huge map where you can get lost in but the missions are always very linear. MGSV's approach is so much better, you get so much more freedom. You can be very creative and finish missions in so many different ways. GZ proved that already, just like at this video for example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDHVwCSMn1A
And that's just one mission. TPP is going to be 100 times larger and will have hundreds of Camp Omega's and a wide variety of different missions and locations.

Alot of different vehicles for transportation: choppers, jeeps, tanks, horse, motorcycle
:>
and even a mini Metal Gear.

The tapes. I loved them in Peace Walker, they add alot of backstory. And now we can listen to them while playing the game, and we can even collect 80's music.

All the little game details that we got in recent impressions, it's just too much to list.

And obviously the story, going full circle. BB's descent into madness, with alot of inspiration from books like 1984 and Moby Dick + Hideo Kojima's writing=
G6Jag1I.gif

Pretty much my sentiments exactly. Plus MGO craziness, which I hope is pretty robust in customization and very MGS styled game modes.

The story has me so excited because Kojima and even Joosten stated that we may even come to hate the characters. I could never see myself doing that but I am dying to know what sort of atrocities they commit all for revenge. What parts of war and torture does Kojima want to explore?

Also, with how crazy they are apparently going with the custom weapons, I wonder if there are enemies we can deal with without kill penalties. It was upsetting to have so many weapons in MGS4 and even somewhat in PW, but we all know we just end up tranq'ing most enemies anyway.

Shy

Tora-senpai, sorry if this has been asked before.
Would it be possible to get the E3 2013 (red band) trailer on gamersyde. please.

have a great weekend.

Embearded

I can't stand having the alert sound on my phone. It just scares the shit out of me for no good reason.

Yeah well my dad has the same opinion as you! :p
My previous phone used to display on the media player the ringtones that i have put in the sd card besides my music. I remember one time when i slept while listening to MGS4 soundtrack and after a couple of tracks alert.mp3 came....

Story is what i care most about! I want to know every little detail and with MGSV being the final chapter that completes the saga, i am more hyped than ever.

desmax

Hello everyone.

Someone just shared this link on facebook:
http://ingsoc.org/

It's a timer for 111 days after this one with a kojima productions logo on it, and if you click on the logo you'll go to a "Kojima Lives" twitter page.

Didn't find anything about here on gaf, and I'm really not sure about its legitimacy, so I though I'd post here instead of making a new thread.

Mexen

Used to have it but my dad almost craahed the car a couple of times when my phone rang...
I might edit and use the whispering of "snake eater".

Oh wow, I just imagined that. Lol. Oh, that's a good one, would creep an SO out but I approve!

Hello everyone.

Someone just shared this link on facebook:
http://ingsoc.org/

It's a timer for 111 days after this one with a kojima productions logo on it, and if you click on the logo you'll go to a "Kojima Lives" twitter page.

Didn't find anything about here on gaf, and I'm really not sure about its legitimacy, so I though I'd post here instead of making a new thread.

Looks like it's fan made. The followers seem like "normal" people but you never know.
Of course, I could be wrong and this is the plot twist we've secretly hoped for
Kojima owns Konami. It was all a ruse.

Palpable

A co-worker of mine whom I hung out with on our off day this past Thursday had only played MGS1 and MGS2 back when they came out. I let him borrow GZ and I watched him play through it. Then showed him the E3 2014 and Gamescom demos of TPP. I've reeled him back into the series. He's super excited for TPP now, so much so that he ordered the MGS HD collection and wants to replay MGS1 & 2, and experience MGS3 and PW in prep for TPP.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
A co-worker of mine whom I hung out with on our off day this past Thursday had only played MGS1 and MGS2 back when they came out. I let him borrow GZ and I watched him play through it. Then showed him the E3 2014 and Gamescom demos of TPP. I've reeled him back into the series. He's super excited for TPP now, so much so that he ordered the MGS HD collection and wants to replay MGS1 & 2, and experience MGS3 and PW in prep for TPP.

great job
he really should play the rest of the series tho, TPP seems to be almost incomprenhensible to anyone that doesn't know about Eva's explanation in 4 and Big Boss and Kaz's little army in Peace Walker.

Excellente.

Mexen

Lucky bastards, experiencing MGS for the first! Go on and enjoy it! You'll be one of us soon! You'll speculate! Watch Kojima's twitter for hours! Food pics will be your meals! Fan art your wallpapers! Your families will disown you! I'm not crying! *runs away*

Have a great time, guys! Looking forward to your thoughts!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom