• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really now, Hayter? Either you are in as Solid Snake in MGS5 or you are just one big cry baby. Let it go already. Its been 3 years.

TEAM A FTW!

LOL.

Congrats on the plat. And I agree that Flashback Mania is horrible trophy. Have to sit through all those cutscenes and briefings and be ready to tap X.

Skullface

This month is going to fly by! My daughter's birthday is this Wednesday, and even though I won't get to be with her, I have a bunch of presents I sent to her, and I'm sure I'll get pictures and even a phone call if I'm lucky.

Then we have the press embargo lifting! Days of articles to read.

Next up, E3. If we get a trailer, I'll wind up watching it 200+ times like every other trailer.

The following week, Rush's, supposedly farewell, R40 tour, fuck yeah. All kinds of inspiration for sneaking music. Going nuclear to 2112 XD

With so much going on this month, I already feel like it's July. It actually feels like there's enough to distract me from the wait this month where it feels like there's only two more months to go.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
So who's going to E3 this year? :p

Unfortunately I can't go :( but I want to thank Kojima Productions and Konami so much for this opportunity.

2015-06-0112_01_43-neoxuo8.jpg

Woffls

Yooo that's cool. Shame you can't go, but watching E3 from a screen is still gonna' be ultra hype.

Congrats on the plat. And I agree that Flashback Mania is horrible trophy. Have to sit through all those cutscenes and briefings and be ready to tap X.
Cheers. I'm fairly sure I had all of them but the Kojima flashback, and some of the graveyard cutscenes because my controller had always been untouched for so damn long that it turned itself off and I couldn't hit the buttons in time :p

Vally

Embearded

The Last Time Paradox Supper
*new wallpaper*

I imagine coding for dynamically unique splatters and assigning memory for that each time you go through a killing spree to menu must be hard work.

dynamically unique splatters sounds hell of a work... i can see why they sould do it for Splatoon for example, but not for MGS...

wilsonda

Pretty sure that I will be purchasing a ps4 for TPP... for the best performance and the largest mgo community

I'll probably pick it up before Sept so I can play through TLOU and possibly bloodborne if I feel like punishing myself

dynamically unique splatters sounds hell of a work... i can see why they sould do it for Splatoon for example, but not for MGS...

They already have the hard part down, in fact, the enemy soldier's faces might do it already similar to their and Snake's bodies.
But it is possible they just use baked damage on Snake's face because it looks better than randomly bloodied areas.

Mexen

Lol. Come on. I was speaking relatively to how big TPP already is and how much more content it probably does contain than Splatoon. I can see why having one pre-rendered depiction of blood to indicate highly lethal gameplay is an option.

J.EM1

So who's going to E3 this year? :p

Unfortunately I can't go :( but I want to thank Kojima Productions and Konami so much for this opportunity.
I'm there every year. :p

lol/jk. Never attended. Just work in and around the downtown LA area and always see the set up. I took that pic when I was at the Convention Center. Saw all the cool prep work the week before.

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
I gotta say, this past 11 days have been some of the worst in memory for me. A perfect storm of tragedies that have really broken up my current foundations in life.

But there's always some good in the world if we know where to look... and MGSV overload right around the corner is definitely on the short list. God, I hope Kojima goes on to make something amazing again after MGSV ships. There's something to be said for the power of a creator whose video games can inspire such steel in his fans even as they are in the midst of hardship.

I'll keep on keepin' on one way or the other, and I'm not trying to say that Hideo Kojima's upcoming game is the only reason I'm keeping my chin up or anything, but it is definitely a reason.

Bring it on, game press/E3!

wilsonda

I gotta say, this past 11 days have been some of the worst in memory for me. A perfect storm of tragedies that have really broken up my current foundations in life.

But there's always some good in the world if we know where to look... and MGSV overload right around the corner is definitely on the short list. God, I hope Kojima goes on to make something amazing again after MGSV ships. There's something to be said for the power of a creator whose video games can inspire such steel in his fans even as they are in the midst of hardship.

I'll keep on keepin' on one way or the other, and I'm not trying to say that Hideo Kojima's upcoming game is the only reason I'm keeping my chin up or anything, but it is definitely a reason.

Bring it on, game press/E3!

Keep your head up jeff... I am facing some legal troubles in august and I know mgsv is keeping my head above water no matter what.happens

wilsonda

Hey Guys, Pinewood and me recorded this first episode of a podcast we are making. This is our first test so it isn't perfect quality-wise but I think the result is at least okay.

Anyway, enjoy listening to two non-native english speaking guys talking about stuff. We tried to focus on the topics "what to play until TPP releases" and "E3 expectations and wishes".

Link: OuterCAST Episode 1

Glad to see someone creating a gaffer-lead metal gear podcast... will definitely give a listen later today

Embearded

They already have the hard part down, in fact, the enemy soldier's faces might do it already similar to their and Snake's bodies.
But it is possible they just use baked damage on Snake's face because it looks better than randomly bloodied areas.

Didn't cross my mind, i guess you are right and that's the case.

Lol. Come on. I was speaking relatively to how big TPP already is and how much more content it probably does contain than Splatoon. I can see why having one pre-rendered depiction of blood to indicate highly lethal gameplay is an option.

oh sorry, misunderstood you!
I have to stop taking everything seriously...

Do you need to pay royalties to weapons manufacturers if you include their authentic weapon likenesses and names?

If you do, maybe the budget for that went towards getting permission for music for that era, since the guns won't be authentic.

Hoping for some amazing 80s tunes outside of the two we know will be in it!

Embearded

Don't sweat it. More importantly, what are you doing for E3?

Studying for university finals and watching after my nephew. There isn't anything more i can do and i really have to pass as many classes as i can because next finals are on September when the game releases. I've said before that i'll play the game after September finals but the more i think about it the more unlikely it seems.

I worked for a couple of days on the codec app for Android, i got to the point where the background service ran waiting for the "call answer" action but god damn i messed up with sound manager, i need to study it more...

What about you? anything special?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom