• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mexen

Studying for university finals and watching after my nephew. There isn't anything more i can do and i really have to pass as many classes as i can because next finals are on September when the game releases. I've said before that i'll play the game after September finals but the more i think about it the more unlikely it seems.

I worked for a couple of days on the codec app for Android, i got to the point where the background service ran waiting for the "call answer" action but god damn i messed up with sound manager, i need to study it more...

What about you? anything special?

i-know-that-feel-brother_o_1524217.jpg

I have finals a few days before E3 so I'll be studying but I might sneak in a few mins of Kojima and then watch the rest of it on YouTube later on. My friends are gonna stream it complete with beer food and multiple Wii U titles and those bastards keep rubbing it in my face that Splatoon is arriving soon. KOOOJIIMAAA. Oh, sorry.
September, I'll be in the middle of my thesis/project so depending on the progress made by then, I may or may not indulge in TPP immediately it releases (even though I should get it within the week or so).
"Worst" case scenario, I'm looking at a full playthrough in Dec.

Still cool. You made some headway. I'm sure you'll figure it out. I haven't written any code since 2012 >_> but I'm sure in July I shall return to it and maybe we can exchange notes, tips and tricks or something. I'll also return to shop and pro so brau's inbox stops being bombarded with avvy requests. Lol

*Big Boss salute to the little man*

Test tomorrow so I'm turning in. Goodnight, brothers.

Embearded

i-know-that-feel-brother_o_1524217.jpg

I have finals a few days before E3 so I'll be studying but I might sneak in a few mins of Kojima and then watch the rest of it on YouTube later on. My friends are gonna stream it complete with beer food and multiple Wii U titles and those bastards keep rubbing it in my face that Splatoon is arriving soon. KOOOJIIMAAA. Oh, sorry.
September, I'll be in the middle of my thesis/project so depending on the progress made by then, I may or may not indulge in TPP immediately it releases (even though I should get it within the week or so).
"Worst" case scenario, I'm looking at a full playthrough in Dec.

Still cool. You made some headway. I'm sure you'll figure it out. I haven't written any code since 2012 >_> but I'm sure in July I shall return to it and maybe we can exchange notes, tips and tricks or something. I'll also return to shop and pro so brau's inbox stops being bombarded with avvy requests. Lol

*Big Boss salute to the little man*

Test tomorrow so I'm turning in. Goodnight, brothers.

You are lucky having friends living close to you so you can all gather and play / watch gaming related stuff. I have only one friend and except MGS our tastes are different.

December? Ouch!!
Does it mean that you are gonna be offline until you see the credits? I don't know if I could do that, I may not be too active posting but I read a lot here.

What's your thesis about? I guess you are in the STEM field.

About the android developing, I don't think I can be very useful. I never had a java class and my knowledge is based on google so far. I've completed a couple of my projects but nothing special. So my java skills kinda suck, plus I pretty much hate java. I can be useful when it comes to more general programming skills.

Goodnight brother! Best of luck with your test! Make our father proud!

Palpable

Anyone here play Knights of the Old Republic? I remember playing it for the first time in 2003 and, as I went through the game, I noticed several voice actors who appeared in MGS1 & 2.

Bastila - Naomi Hunter

Sith officer in Manaan courtroom - Liquid Snake

Gaddon Thek - Vamp

Canderous Ordo - Solidus Snake

QQ, does anyone know if transfarring is supposed to work for Metal Gear / Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake included inside MGS3 in the MGS HD Collection? I can't seem to get it to work.

Palpable

Yep. Some people really, really have to post their opinions/beliefs/arguments and it gets out of hand sometimes. I don't know. I've seen it happen on other forums.

It shouldn't be THAT difficult to refrain. Self control in other regards, sure I can understand, but for posting on a forum? There are a lot of fools on these forums that post ignorant garbage, but I'm able to refrain. Too many bleeding heart liberals on here, I've noticed.

It shouldn't be THAT difficult to refrain. Self control in other regards, sure I can understand, but for posting on a forum? There are a lot of fools on these forums that post ignorant garbage, but I'm able to refrain. Too many bleeding heart liberals on here, I've noticed.

Infinity Patriot, sometimes, people go through different situations in their lives that cause them to want to break certain habits. While we may not all be subject to the same proclivities as the next person, we certainly do have different strengths and willpower to break them when we feel necessary. For instance, it may seem easy for you to stop or start doing certain things, while the next person is just a little bit different. Maybe they need to take that extra step in order to ensure their success in whatever it is they are trying to achieve.

I understand something like this may be confusing and make you want to question it when you look at it from your perspective ("it's just posting on a forum!", "just put the beer down!", "just stop being depressed and be happy, it's easy!"), but we can only ask you be a little more understanding and respectful that we are not all wired the same.

-Deimos

Infinity Patriot, sometimes, people go through different situations in their lives that cause them to want to break certain habits. While we may not all be subject to the same proclivities as the next person, we certainly do have different strengths and willpower to break them when we feel necessary. For instance, it may seem easy for you to stop or start doing certain things, while the next person is just a little bit different. Maybe they need to take that extra step in order to ensure their success in whatever it is they are trying to achieve.

I understand something like this may be confusing and make you want to question it when you look at it from your perspective ("it's just posting on a forum!", "just put the beer down!", "just stop being depressed and be happy, it's easy!"), but we can only ask you be a little more understanding and respectful that we are not all wired the same.

lIujCU6.gif

Palpable

The red is a completely different ballgame than the bolded. I understand everyone is wired differently. In fact, that last one, "stop being depressed," I can tell you first hand is insanely difficult to achieve. Comparing posting on a forum to alcoholism and depression is... odd.

But hey, I see your point. If they can't refrain from posting something that will get them permabanned, then so be it. Then again... what's to stop them from posting said permabannable post after they're unbanned?

Kindekuma

Banned
The red is a completely different ballgame than the bolded. I understand everyone is wired differently. In fact, that last one, "stop being depressed," I can tell you first hand is insanely difficult to achieve. Comparing posting on a forum to alcoholism and depression is... odd.

But hey, I see your point. If they can't refrain from posting something that will get them permabanned, then so be it. Then again... what's to stop them from posting said permabannable post after they're unbanned?

It can be applied to anything, some people just take things much more seriously and personally than they should. I've seen cases of people wanting to ban themselves from other websites so they can get their grades up, feel happier, become more productive, etc. It's not that uncommon.

Ground Control to Major Tom
Take your protein pills
and put your helmet on

Mexen

Fuck! I dreamt I was playing TPP and Silent Hills on mobile! Well, my mobile was a controller but when my sister said she needed to watch something, I switched to mobile! goddamnit, Konami!

What's wrong? Major, come in Major? Maj? Maj?! Maaaaaaj?!

You are lucky having friends living close to you so you can all gather and play / watch gaming related stuff. I have only one friend and except MGS our tastes are different.

December? Ouch!!
Does it mean that you are gonna be offline until you see the credits? I don't know if I could do that, I may not be too active posting but I read a lot here.

What's your thesis about? I guess you are in the STEM field.

About the android developing, I don't think I can be very useful. I never had a java class and my knowledge is based on google so far. I've completed a couple of my projects but nothing special. So my java skills kinda suck, plus I pretty much hate java. I can be useful when it comes to more general programming skills.

Goodnight brother! Best of luck with your test! Make our father proud!

I am. In future we plan to save and travel for an E3 (Maybe 2018).
I haven't decided yet and will use my vacation to brainstorm, might not even dev an app again.
Yeah, at some point, I'll have to have a media blackout which is hard because I like it here. My plan is to make tremendous headway in Aug so I can afford the occasional playthrough and posting in sept and oct and then focus my energy on completing my project all of nov and dec. We'll see. Lol
That's alright, I taught myself java prior to taking a class. I'll PM you some time about programming so we can keep that part of the conversation away from here. Wait, are you on Gram?
Thanks! I hope father will rike my final score!

Kindekuma

Banned
I'm so mad right now about ranked matches in Splatoon. You get paired up with the most incompetent people on the planet and your grade depends on these idiots. I fear for MGO3. I hope the player base is much more intelligent when it comes to various game modes.

Å

Åesop

Unconfirmed Member
I'm so mad right now about ranked matches in Splatoon. You get paired up with the most incompetent people on the planet and your grade depends on these idiots. I fear for MGO3. I hope the player base is much more intelligent when it comes to various game modes.

njoy 50 reward points and gloves in MGO ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Comparing posting on a forum to alcoholism and depression is... odd.

But hey, I see your point.
It can be applied to anything, some people just take things much more seriously and personally than they should.

Right, it's not about the gravity of those specific situations, as that is obvious against the normal means, but about the perspective of any situation.

Self bans make no sense to me.
And it does not have to unless it concerns you. That sounds snarky, but I trust I am not trying to belittle you. It is easy for us to shake our heads at actions or solutions that do not conform to our own logic, and I am pretty confident that those who have banned themselves are aware that they could simply 'not click on NeoGAF/Post Reply'. They are simply dealing with their own issue, who knows how severe or insignificant (and again, the severity doesn't really matter in the end), the way they feel would be successful for them.

I could talk forever about breaking habits, triggers, willpower, blah blah blah but who knows or really cares? Let's just live and let live, boys

OuterGAF clan when???

Embearded

Fuck! I dreamt I was playing TPP and Silent Hills on mobile! Well, my mobile was a controller but when my sister said she needed to watch something, I switched to mobile! goddamnit, Konami!

What's wrong? Major, come in Major? Maj? Maj?! Maaaaaaj?!

I am. In future we plan to save and travel for an E3 (Maybe 2018).
I haven't decided yet and will use my vacation to brainstorm, might not even dev an app again.
Yeah, at some point, I'll have to have a media blackout which is hard because I like it here. My plan is to make tremendous headway in Aug so I can afford the occasional playthrough and posting in sept and oct and then focus my energy on completing my project all of nov and dec. We'll see. Lol
That's alright, I taught myself java prior to taking a class. I'll PM you some time about programming so we can keep that part of the conversation away from here. Wait, are you on Gram?
Thanks! I hope father will rike my final score!

Visiting E3 huh? Sounds good! I can only see myself doing that if I move to US.
Take your time choosing your thesis subject. Don't make yourself choose in hurry something you actually don't like. I've seen people getting lost with their projects for that reason.

CS:GO player here! Welcome to my life!

Did anyone of you ever rage quit an MGO2 game due to cheaters-maoers-hackers only to find that you got temporary banned and deranked?
That game loves cheaters and they loved it...

Mexen

http://www.jaytavare.com/#!bio

Jay is currently exhibiting his talents as a voice over artist for the prestigious computer game:
Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain (Hideo Kojima, Junji Tago, 2015) as Code Talker, an
ancient Navajo medicine man

Great share. Thanks.
EDIT: holy shit, he played Vega?!

Visiting E3 huh? Sounds good! I can only see myself doing that if I move to US.
Take your time choosing your thesis subject. Don't make yourself choose in hurry something you actually don't like. I've seen people getting lost with their projects for that reason.

Cheers. Will do.

Vally

Ah fuck it, I'm too casul for MG1 so I ended up watching it on youtube. I'll start MG2 and see if it holds up better

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom