• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.

Banzai

Has that happened often since? In Snake Eater and 4? If it was done as a pinnacle moment, to show just how disturbed the people you're up against are, and the agency of the act in the situation, I could probably get passed it. But if it's something consistent in the series now I'll probably just decide MGS isn't for me anymore.

Nah, nothing like the Paz scene from GZ in MGS 3 or 4. Pretty sure Kojima said something about TPP showing real horrors of war as it's supposed to be an anti-war message, so I expect more gruesome scenes from it. Can't say I'm a huge fan of it but whatever.

Solidino

Yesterday i beat Ground Zeroes (main mission) in 2:30, i've played very slow, freezing every soldiers, interrogating them, this game is amazing, and it's only a "demo" mission!!! Can't wait for TPP, the wait is still very long... :(

Vally

Me too, but I refuse to watch it on YT.
Played 20 minutes and gave up. Tonight I'm going to try on Easy.
That should do it :)

That's what I did, playing on Easy, but even so I found it too frustrating... you can carry more rations, take less damage and so on. but the game design is still the same and there are some things I couldn't have guessed without checking a walkthrough. But maybe you're more patient than I am lol, let us know how it goes :)

That's what I did, playing on Easy, but even so I found it too frustrating... you can carry more rations, take less damage and so on. but the game design is still the same and there are some things I couldn't have guessed without checking a walkthrough. But maybe you're more patient than I am lol, let us know how it goes :)
I'll try not to check any solutions but I know that will fail with it :)

Yesterday i beat Ground Zeroes (main mission) in 2:30, i've played very slow, freezing every soldiers, interrogating them, this game is amazing, and it's only a "demo" mission!!! Can't wait for TPP, the wait is still very long... :(

I know what you mean. I put more time into Ground Zeroes than into any other PS4 game (besides GTA Online) so far. Some weeks ago I replayed the main mission and went very slow, I pretended like I don't already knew every little bit of this military base. I played like I would play TPP and dammit, that game will be soooo gooood. It's so damn intense, Kojima really made a stealth action simulator.

wilsonda

I played mg1 about a year ago with a full guide beside me and had to refer to it all the time. Retro games had a lot of mechanics I just have no patient for.. the first section of the game is truly the hardest... needless to say I watched mg2 from YouTube... much more pleasant

Vally

I was really liking Fallout 3 until my save got corrupted after 30 hours or so, and then I never went back to it :(

brau

Dunno, just never played a Fallout game.

You should play them! Fallout 3 and NV with mods = awesome

I was really liking Fallout 3 until my save got corrupted after 30 hours or so, and then I never went back to it :(

You should find some time to play them. At least i had an awesome time with them. Very memorable games. Even if the animations suck. But nothing mods can't fix and/or enhance.

I made a prediction over on reddit a while back that I am 99.9999% sure won't come true. Would make for amazing mods though.

BB should be able to feed his horse different foods so his poop has different properties.

For example in the Afghanistan trailer, the poop was able to affect the enemy car's traction causing it to crash. Special poop?

Imagine an explosive mine type poop, or really smelly poop to act as a decoy. I'm trying to think of more but it's so ridiculous I might just stop typing.

Now that would be a weird (but fun) addition to TPP..

Mexen

Never played a mod of anything tbh. Considering the comments in the Fallout 4 thread, maybe a previous game in the series is a good starting point? Unless there's a no-bug edition. Lol.
I remember an FPS GZ mod. What was that like?

brau

Never played a mod of anything tbh. Considering the comments in the Fallout 4 thread, maybe a previous game in the series is a good starting point? Unless there's a no-bug edition. Lol.
I remember an FPS GZ mod. What was that like?

You should try FO. They really do have a great mod community. Now with steam workshop its even easier to add mods. :) They really do enhance games most of the time. Unless you are perv and are there for the nude mods.

Mexen

You should try FO. They really do have a great mod community. Now with steam workshop its even easier to add mods. :) They really do enhance games most of the time. Unless you are perv and are there for the nude mods.

No one was supposed to know!
Cool, will do.

brau

No one was supposed to know!
Cool, will do.

image.php

You've always been already a demon.

Same thing happened to me. I did enjoy what I played though. New Vegas I tried getting into but it never really captured my attention the way say Skyrim does. I'll go back to it eventually though, or maybe even just FO3 again.

I made a prediction over on reddit a while back that I am 99.9999% sure won't come true. Would make for amazing mods though.

BB should be able to feed his horse different foods so his poop has different properties.

For example in the Afghanistan trailer, the poop was able to affect the enemy car's traction causing it to crash. Special poop?

Imagine an explosive mine type poop, or really smelly poop to act as a decoy. I'm trying to think of more but it's so ridiculous I might just stop typing.

How much time did you spend thinking about this?

I am sure he came up with the idea while pooping as well, over a course of a week. He realized every time he ate something different, his poop would be different. Kojima would be proud.

That is where many of the greatest ideas are birthed, after all.

R-User!

Dude, stop messing around with that shit! It's not good for you!

In the US? Which retailer?

US and GameStop. Sorry I was so pumped that I forgot to mention. Hopefully it's not a dating error.

Anyways, I went to GameStop to preorder Fallout 4 and when canceling my preorder for the standard MGSV, they told me the CE was coming August 25th. Once again I am praying to Boss that this is not an error.

Too bad I'm a Sony fanboi and I could never lay a hand on anything with Xbox label on it :'(

jk, in my country we don't have Xbox OM, only polar bears and vodka

Vally

I just noticed, does the Metal Gear have a skull on his "beak"? Maybe we can customize them with decals and such

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom